Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie

+3
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Rocinante
7 posters

Go down

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Empty Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie

Post by Rocinante Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 13:35

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Usa-american-flag-gif-3

The rebranding of Stave Bannon, executive at Breitbart and one of the President-elect's closest advisers has begun.  I saw the article attached below today and it stuck out to me because I heard a radio interview yesterday where the tactics mentioned in the article were used to the letter to describe Bannon.  He's a "great boss and excelled at everything he's done since his U.S. Navy service" etc. He's "never shown any racist or antisemitic qualities in the workplace".  The article states that one of the people that has been shopped around to reporters is Carl Higbie, former Navy Seal that was on with Megan Kelly last night and suggested that Japanese internment was a precedent for Donald Trump to be able to achieve his Muslim registration plans.  Higbie's own personal history is interesting and he's an interesting choice to help talk up Bannon, but one thing I'd like to focus on is the language he uses in an interview with WND, a website that bills itself as the largest Christian website in the world - Higbie describes Iraqi soldiers he was helping to train in these terms: “They don’t reason like us, they don’t think like us. They’re not capable of learning complex things, especially loyalties to Western democracy.”

This bears repeating: "They don't reason like us.  They don't think like us.  They're not capable of learning complex things..."  

This is language and philosophy that has been used since the dawn of time to justify oppression.  Labeling people as inferior by nature, somehow less than human is a useful trick to lessen the blow of violating their human rights.  

Let me spell it out: Carl Higbie, who has advocated for violating human rights and who by his own admission believes that at least SOME people are fundamentally inferior to "us" - whoever us is - has been sent out to assure Americans that Steve Bannon is not a racist.  This is like the wolf sending the coyote to tell the sheep that he's a vegetarian.  This is really happening.  The "alt-right" is Neo-nazism. and it's taking residence in the White House.

http://www.thewrap.com/steve-bannon-image-rehab-campaign-trump-adviser/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Empty Re: Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 14:21

If only they hadn't made fun of Trump, Hills would be President Elect.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Empty Re: Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie

Post by NigelUno Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 14:45

LooseGoose wrote:If only they hadn't made fun of Trump, Hills would be President Elect.

Sadly, the joke's on all of us.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 15:05

Trump united the Hannity/Savage/Leven/Coulter/Limbaugh listeners and FoxNews viewers who got a steady feed of Lyin' Hillary and The economy is awful.

Clinton made the same kind of arrogant errors that cost her the nomination in '08.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 15:12

What's your fucking point goose? I mean seriously? What does the fact that the left didn't think we could possibly be stupid enough to elect trump have to do with the fact that neo Nazis are about to take residence in the Whitehouse?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 15:42

Rocinante wrote:What's your fucking point goose? I mean seriously? What does the fact that the left didn't think we could possibly be stupid enough to elect trump have to do with the fact that neo Nazis are about to take residence in the Whitehouse?

I pointed this out a while ago and was told I watch too much TV.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t12642-any-democrat-watching-this-speech-should-feel-chills#331149
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 16:49

Not by me TN.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 17:57

Rocinante wrote:Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Usa-american-flag-gif-3

This bears repeating: "They don't reason like us.  They don't think like us.  They're not capable of learning complex things..."  

You sure that's not from one of those Wikileaks emails quoting a Clinton staffer discussing Trump voters?

....and I'm still waiting for an actual quote from Bannon of a racist or antisemitic nature.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 17:57

Steve Bannon is a neo Nazi?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:36

xsanguine wrote:Steve Bannon is a neo Nazi?
Yep, according to the same people that told us Trump didn't stand a chance.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:40

As an editor Bannon approved atricles to be published that were critical of women, their looks, Jewish people and other articles that would not be considered mainstream.

Now that guy has the ear of the next President.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 20:23

I do not think Bannon knows what the framers meant when they referred to a civic society.

By this point, it's become a cliché to say that we should staple green cards to the diplomas of foreign-born STEM grads. Barack Obama has said it. Mitt Romney has said it. Hillary Clinton has said it. Marco Rubio has said it. And Thomas Friedman has spent the better part of a decade repeating it to anyone who will listen and even some who won't. Heck, even Donald Trump all but endorsed this last year, as my colleagues David Fahrenthold and Frances Stead Sellers report, on his now-chief strategist Steve Bannon's radio show.

About the only person, it seems, who disagrees is Bannon himself. "When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think..." he replied before trailing off. "A country is more than an economy. We're a civic society."

It's hard to imagine anything that would do more to keep America's economy from being great than this kind of anti-immigrant sentiment. I can't believe I have to say this, but here it is: It doesn't matter if a lot of Asian-Americans are tech CEOs. Asian-Americans are Americans. Nor does it matter if a lot of immigrants are tech CEOs. Immigrants are Americans. Someone born in Mumbai or Shanghai or wherever else who gets their citizenship is just as much an American as someone born in Massachusetts who can trace their ancestry all the way back to the Mayflower. That's what makes America America. It's not about where you're from, or a belief that some people are better than others. It's about where you're going, and a belief that all men and women are created equal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/17/donald-trumps-chief-strategist-doesnt-understand-what-makes-america-great/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:20

Rocinante wrote:What's your fucking point goose? I mean seriously? What does the fact that the left didn't think we could possibly be stupid enough to elect trump have to do with the fact that neo Nazis are about to take residence in the Whitehouse?

Neo nazis......Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 You need to turn off MSNBC and close TPM/DailyKos. Have a beer and wait to see what happens.

EVERY Republican is Hitler. Jeeezus, get a new insult.

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Mitt_hitler

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Mccain_nazi

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Bush-Hitler-575x383

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:22

I.B. Fine wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Steve Bannon is a neo Nazi?
Yep, according to the same people that told us Trump didn't stand a chance.

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Giphy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Neo nazis......Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie 1966794946 You need to turn off MSNBC and close TPM/DailyKos.   Have a beer and wait to see what happens.

EVERY Republican is Hitler.  Jeeezus, get a new insult.

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Mitt_hitler

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Mccain_nazi

Bannon Rebrand shock troopers includes former seal Carl Higbie Bush-Hitler-575x383

You like to ignore how this time around several conservatives talked about the Republican nominee's fascist streaks. Not that it matters. You're only defense of the points I made (in the civil discussion thread) was to default to some irrelevant argument about partisan politics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:38

Turtleneck wrote:You like to ignore how this time around several conservatives talked about the Republican nominee's fascist streaks. Not that it matters. You're only defense of the points I made (in the civil discussion thread) was to default to some irrelevant argument about partisan politics.

Have you seen him organize his brownshirts? Are they rioting in the streets? Has kristallnacht occurred?

So far I've just seen the stupid leftists that don't believe in democracy demonstrating.

My point is that he's elected, let's wait and see what he does now. Not what some Democrat, Republican or Pundit is telling us he's going to do.

So far we've had panties in a bunch about the pace of cabinet appointments - when the truth is that often it's 3 weeks out from the election before choices are made.

Will Romney at SoS if he's picked make you think Trump's a fascist? Or maybe Haley? Nothing like an Indian woman to convince me that things have gone awry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 22:50

It's not even really about trump to me goose. It's that these guys have such unfettered access to such power. There's so much they could achieve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:19

Hey guys I found pictures of other guys photoshopped!!! this proves.............!!!!!!!!!!!! IDK!! DEMS!!!!@@#!#@#!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:21

Rocinante wrote:It's not even really about trump to me goose. It's that these guys have such unfettered access to such power. There's so much they could achieve.

How do you know that? Which guys? Of course you're referring to them potentially having access to power in 2 months - IF they're named to a post, approved by Congress, obtain security clearances, then are given power to actually make decisions by a President Trump.

That's a ton of speculation. And again it's why I'm saying wait and see who gets named to what before getting too worried.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:37

Nothing to see here Goose.
Bannon cheerleader talkng about internment camps.
Everything we need to further the same divide and conquer Trump's campaign used to get him elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/us/politics/japanese-internment-muslim-registry.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016 - 23:54

GRR Spartan wrote:Nothing to see here Goose.
Bannon cheerleader talkng about internment camps.
Everything we need to further the same divide and conquer Trump's campaign used to get him elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/us/politics/japanese-internment-muslim-registry.html

Yeah the Japanese internment camps opened for US CITIZENS by Democrat icon Franklin Roosevelt are a black blot on American history. Too bad that fascist son of a bitch sullied our country's reputation like that.

Now in this case he was talking a PAPER or computerized REGISTRY of immigrants. Are you and the media really going to swallow that it's somehow similar to interning innocent US CITIZENS for the duration of a war?

Laughable.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 0:24

And Franklin Roosevelt isn't nearly as bad as that racist son of a bitch Democrat President Woodrow Wilson - he didn't just talk about racism he reversed the integration of the Federal workforce that the Republicans had instituted decades before him.

Funny thing about the Dems....they're the ones that end up DOING the nasty shit they accuse Republicans of contemplating.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 18 Nov 2016 - 2:12

Same bedrock dyed in the wool GOP rhetoric I heard from my WW1 vet uncle.

That's what's laughable Goose.

I in no way defended internment camps but you deflect by saying FDR did it.

Is that to be interpreted to mean because FDR approved internment camps you would agree that using camps again would be justified in 2017 and beyond?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down