Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s)

4 posters

Go down

Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s) Empty Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s)

Post by Turtleneck Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 18:16

"The Bush presidency is the most destructive presidency in history. James Buchanan included. It's not even close ... And by the way, I haven't even gotten to 9/11. I mean, 9/11! Think about if 9/11 had happened on Trump's watch. We would have gotten 100 percent of the blame by the Bush guys. And they said, 'Well, we just got here.' What do you mean you just got here? That's what gets me about them coming after Trump. I really detest them. I mean, the old man is a pervert. He's a pervert. Grabbing these girls and grabbing their asses?"

https://www.axios.com/steve-bannon-calls-george-h-w-bush-a-pervert-2519181330.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Good stuff about Bannon and his time in the White House.

“It’s not going to be O.K.,” he concluded ominously. “The world is on a knife’s edge. We have what I call a long, dark valley ahead of us, like the 1930s.”

When he left the White House in August, Bannon said, “the Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over.” In private, Bannon told people he was disillusioned with Trump’s shambolic governing style. Trump, in turn, sees Bannon as a self-promoter. “The president views Steve as just a guy who works for him,” a White House official said.

While the two men harbor contempt for each other that can ignite into rage, they can’t quit each other, either. Since Bannon left the West Wing, he’s had five phone calls with Trump, most initiated by the president, according to the White House official. “The few conversations Steve and the president have had since he was fired this summer have primarily been opportunities for Steve to beg for his job back,” said the White House official. A Bannon spokesperson countered, “anyone around Steve since he left the White House can see he is very happy now out of the White House!”

At one event I chatted with an elderly man waiting his turn on the receiving line. “If I could ask him one question, it would be, why aren’t you president?’”

That has at least been a passing thought. In October, Bannon called an adviser and said he would consider running for president if Trump doesn’t run for re-election in 2020. Which Bannon has told people is a realistic possibility. In private conversations since leaving the White House, Bannon said Trump only has a 30 percent chance of serving out his term, whether he’s impeached or removed by the Cabinet invoking the 25th amendment. That prospect seemed to become more likely in early December when special counsel Robert Mueller secured a plea deal from former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Bannon has also remarked on the toll the office has taken on Trump, telling advisers his former boss has “lost a step.” “He’s like an 11-year-old child,” Bannon joked to a friend in November.

Meanwhile, Trumpworld, which had been unified by the shared goal of defeating Hillary Clinton, cleaved into warring factions within hours of Trump’s unexpected win. On election night, Bannon said he disagreed with Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump over the content of Trump’s victory speech. Kushner and Ivanka wanted it to strike a tone of unity, whereas Bannon wanted to keep up the attack. “I didn’t think it was the right time to talk about uniting,” he said. “I think some of that stuff comes off as phony.”

The battle intensified in the White House. On one side was a group of advisers Bannon dismissively dubbed “the Democrats,” comprising Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Gary Cohn, and Dina Powell. On the other were the nationalists: Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Stephen Miller, Sebastian Gorka, and Peter Navarro (Kushner’s camp called them “the crazies” or “Breitbart”).

Bannon believed the Russia collusion case was meritless, but he blamed Kushner for taking meetings during the campaign that gave the appearance the Trump team sought Putin’s help. “He’s taking meetings with Russians to get additional stuff. This tells you everything about Jared,” Bannon told me. “They were looking for the picture of Hillary Clinton taking the bag of cash from Putin. That’s his maturity level.”

The relationship between Kushner and Bannon worsened through the spring. At one point, Bannon said, Trump called an Oval Office meeting to broker peace. Attending were Bannon, Kushner, and Ivanka Trump. She blamed Bannon for the leaks.

“She’s the queen of leaks,” Bannon argued back.

“You’re a fucking liar!” Ivanka said.

Trump tried to adjudicate, but the meeting did little to diffuse tensions.

Bannon was also fighting to save one of his closest allies in the administration. Since March, Trump had been irate at Attorney General Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation. On the morning of Monday, July 24, hours before Kushner was scheduled to testify in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Trump called Sessions “beleaguered” in a tweet about his failure to investigate Hillary Clinton. “He hung Sessions out to dry to cover Jared, and the media never covered Jared, and they covered Sessions,” Bannon later said. (A White House official denied this.)

Bannon’s campaign role model may surprise you. “It’s the Obama model,” he told me. He wants to bring together a new coalition of evangelicals, libertarians, pro-gun activists, and union members. “Remember when Rudy Giuliani came up on that stage in 2008 and starting mocking Obama and said, ‘What’s a community organizer’? And the whole place roared in laughter. Well, we now know—it’s somebody that can kick your ass.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12/bannon-for-president-trump-kushner-ivanka

Last edited by Turtleneck on Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 19:56; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s) Empty Re: Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s)

Post by DWags Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 18:18

Turtleneck wrote:
"The Bush presidency is the most destructive presidency in history. James Buchanan included. It's not even close ... And by the way, I haven't even gotten to 9/11. I mean, 9/11! Think about if 9/11 had happened on Trump's watch. We would have gotten 100 percent of the blame by the Bush guys. And they said, 'Well, we just got here.' What do you mean you just got here? That's what gets me about them coming after Trump. I really detest them. I mean, the old man is a pervert. He's a pervert. Grabbing these girls and grabbing their asses?"

https://www.axios.com/steve-bannon-calls-george-h-w-bush-a-pervert-2519181330.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Jesus. The fact that he can say that about Bush while helping a sexual predator get elected and not blinking when he says it is frightening. These fuckers are pure evil.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s) Empty Re: Bannon on the Bush Presidents (UPDATE: Bannon says the road ahead is like that of the 1930s)

Post by steveschneider Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 18:38

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 8:36

Pure evil doesn’t mean much when at least 33% of voters choose to believe Fake News claims by Trump, FoxNews and right wing radio.

Like Big Tobacco decades ago, the Trump administration and its media friends have done a great job of selling doubt. Doubt is an easier sell than truth.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down