Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loose, how the Hell did you do it?

+5
aualum06
Blanch32
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
9 posters

Go down

Loose, how the Hell did you do it? Empty Loose, how the Hell did you do it?

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-20, 19:35

My wife works a couple nights a week, which leaves me with the kids. We fight every time she's not home and the oldest is 4. I don't know how you raised three or four girls on your own. I have a lot of respect for that. I try to do my best, but at times I think someone had taken over them. Anyway, whatever you went through was probably closer to heaven and Hell.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Loose, how the Hell did you do it? Empty Re: Loose, how the Hell did you do it?

Post by Guest 2016-11-20, 19:45

lol....I had boy 3, boy 18 months, girl 4 months. Had a great friend that did daycare for me in my house until they were in school. Then had (3) sisters ages 12-15 that were nieces of a friend, they did after school for me until I got home. Plus I had my Mom & Dad about 1.5 miles away to help out when things got too crazy.

The older they get the easier it gets. I try to help all my kids out now by taking different grandkids a couple nights a week. I don't think my kids suspect yet that Grandpa is trying to get even by spoiling the kids. ;-)

One thing I never let people do is judge me with "too much TV", "not watching them close enough" etc. Walk in my shoes then talk to me otherwise stfu.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-20, 19:51

InTen, it does get easier. I can't speak to your specific situation with your son but I know for me once my little one hit about 3 or so and could be trusted to reliably walk without me carrying her ass everywhere it seemed to be a turning point. My boy is still kind of a monster and I butt heads with him often but life is a helluva lot easier than it was even a year ago.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-20, 19:54

LooseGoose wrote:lol....I had boy 3, boy 18 months, girl 4 months. Had a great friend that did daycare for me in my house until they were in school. Then had (3) sisters ages 12-15 that were nieces of a friend, they did after school for me until I got home. Plus I had my Mom & Dad about 1.5 miles away to help out when things got too crazy.

The older they get the easier it gets. I try to help all my kids out now by taking different grandkids a couple nights a week. I don't think my kids suspect yet that Grandpa is trying to get even by spoiling the kids. ;-)

One thing I never let people do is judge me with "too much TV", "not watching them close enough" etc. Walk in my shoes then talk to me otherwise stfu.

What happened with Mrs. Goose? (If this is too personal, then nevermind.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-20, 20:00

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:lol....I had boy 3, boy 18 months, girl 4 months. Had a great friend that did daycare for me in my house until they were in school. Then had (3) sisters ages 12-15 that were nieces of a friend, they did after school for me until I got home. Plus I had my Mom & Dad about 1.5 miles away to help out when things got too crazy.

It's not something I talk about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-20, 20:06

by way of legal advice?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-20, 20:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:InTen, it does get easier. I can't speak to your specific situation with your son but I know for me once my little one hit about 3 or so and could be trusted to reliably walk without me carrying her ass everywhere it seemed to be a turning point. My boy is still kind of a monster and I butt heads with him often but life is a helluva lot easier than it was even a year ago.
I think maybe at times I'm being hard on her, but we're pretty laid back parents. That's starting to come back though. Today she's eaten half a hash brown from McDonald's and one piece of bread. This fight has been going on for 2 hours that she has to eat.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-20, 20:12

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's not something I talk about.

Loose, how the Hell did you do it? 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-20, 20:13

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:InTen, it does get easier. I can't speak to your specific situation with your son but I know for me once my little one hit about 3 or so and could be trusted to reliably walk without me carrying her ass everywhere it seemed to be a turning point. My boy is still kind of a monster and I butt heads with him often but life is a helluva lot easier than it was even a year ago.
I think maybe at times I'm being hard on her, but we're pretty laid back parents. That's starting to come back though. Today she's eaten half a hash brown from McDonald's and one piece of bread. This fight has been going on for 2 hours that she has to eat.

She just doesn't want to look like Blanch's fatty
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-20, 20:13

Loose, how the Hell did you do it? 1966794946
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-20, 20:16

InTenSity wrote:

I never had kids but isn't being a finicky eater one of those stages a lot of kids go through? I saw it in a few of my friends' little monsters.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-20, 20:17

aualum06 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

She just doesn't want to look like Blanch's fatty

Loose, how the Hell did you do it? 502811600 Loose, how the Hell did you do it? 502811600 Loose, how the Hell did you do it? 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-20, 20:19

InTenSity wrote:

They're 11X more likely to eat it if they were involved in preparing it. Even if "involved" only means helping run the can opener.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-20, 20:20

Good pro tip LG.

I say Let it Go InTen. Fuck it. No sense fighting with her. She'll realize she's hungry sooner or later.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-20, 20:35

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

They're 11X more likely to eat it if they were involved in preparing it. Even if "involved" only means helping run the can opener.
She helps me season it. Anyway, loose, I think your story is pretty impressive. Even with having helping, you shaped the lives of three people on your own. We may not agree on a few things but I do respect the you. Especially if you did that shit in your 20s.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-20, 20:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good pro tip LG.

I say Let it Go InTen. Fuck it. No sense fighting with her. She'll realize she's hungry sooner or later.
Eating ice cream to stop hunger pains doesn't count. That being said I think both kids have growing pains right now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-11-20, 20:40

My nephew is such a little bastard now that he's 3... I'm just an uncle though so I can laugh at his craziness
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-21, 08:04

my daughter (sorry For bin) and wife raised me.. it's been a true miracle and a comment on their unequivocal perseverance that I've turned out as good as I have.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-21, 08:23

LooseGoose wrote:lol....I had boy 3, boy 18 months, girl 4 months.  Had a great friend that did daycare for me in my house until they were in school.  Then had (3) sisters ages 12-15 that were nieces of a friend, they did after school for me until I got home.  Plus I had my Mom & Dad about 1.5 miles away to help out when things got too crazy.

The older they get the easier it gets.   I try to help all my kids out now by taking different grandkids a couple nights a week.   I don't think my kids suspect yet that Grandpa is trying to get even by spoiling the kids.   ;-)

One thing I never let people do is judge me with "too much TV", "not watching them close enough" etc.  Walk in my shoes then talk to me otherwise stfu.  

Can't be easy.  Well done.   Tough enough raising two fairly well behaved daughters with two parents.  I wake up confused often.  Much respect.   Pretty selfless
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down