Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baylor thread

+8
steveschneider
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Herbie Green
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Baylor thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Baylor thread

Post by aualum06 2016-11-24, 14:57

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Free college, travel, food. Set up with no debt for life. I'd go back and be used and abused for that.

No you won't and don't pretend like you can. They have a skill you don't have. A skill that networks pay good money for. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense? These guys will leave college with no debt and most at worst will play over seas for good money. They can get any damn degree they want don't blame MSU for not caring about their academics when most of them don't themselves
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:01

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

No you won't and don't pretend like you can. They have a skill you don't have. A skill that networks pay good money for. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Doesn't make sense? These guys will leave college with no debt and most at worst will play over seas for good money. They can get any damn degree they want don't blame MSU for not caring about their academics when most of them don't themselves

Exactly. They get in with 17's We would never take them as students. We take them as employees because they make the cash register ring and bring in donations. Pay them. Stop pretending they're students.

And it didn't make sense because you don't have the skill that is required to be used and abused. But if you did, you'd deserve more than room and board
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-24, 15:08

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:
whether MSU gives a crap or not they are getting a free education plus getting expenses paid to live a pretty extravagant lifestyle. They are making the equivalent of like 50-100k I would say.
I would agree that still makes them underpaid and exploited though

They are forced to stay in those hotels because they are employees making a shit load of money for our university. They don't get a choice. They must stay there no matter how much fun you think it would be, they check in sleep and perform. They aren't at the bar or pool. The least they could do is feed them. To count a bed where they lay their heads as they must perform as a salary is insulting

Lol, they go down to breakfast and have personal omelette makers. Probably had prime rib last night
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-24, 15:13

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Exactly. They get in with 17's We would never take them as students. We take them as employees because they make the cash register ring and bring in donations. Pay them. Stop pretending they're students.

And it didn't make sense because you don't have the skill that is required to be used and abused. But if you did, you'd deserve more than room and board

Exactly they are set for life and play by different rules because they have a skill. They make out great
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:17

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Exactly they are set for life and play by different rules because they have a skill. They make out great

They are underpaid. We agree they're employees. We disagree on what they should be compensated vs the suits at network making billions off of them. You side with management. OK.

If all college football and basketball players went on strike at the end of October for two months, you'd see how much America would side with them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:20

Why do you want ESPN cbs and coaches to keep that money instead of dividing it up mr equitably?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-24, 15:26

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

They are underpaid. We agree they're employees. We disagree on what they should be compensated vs the suits at network making billions off of them. You side with management. OK.

If all college football and basketball players went on strike at the end of October for two months, you'd see how much America would side with them.

They want to be paid more, let them go pro whenever they want. Get rid of those rules first
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:31

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

They want to be paid more, let them go pro whenever they want. Get rid of those rules first

Another rule imposed on them. Why do you think that rule exists? To exploit them. They should be able to make a living.

Again, why are you in favor of ESPN and cbs keeping so much of that money?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-24, 15:41

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Another rule imposed on them. Why do you think that rule exists? To exploit them. They should be able to make a living.

Exactly get rid of the rule and let them be pros whenever they want.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:42

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Why do you want ESPN to keep so much money?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-11-24, 15:45

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

ESPN is losing money
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:47

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

ESPN is losing money

Why do u want them to keep the money they make from the players?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 15:58

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2016/4/12/11415764/ncaa-tournament-tv-broadcast-rights-money-payout-cbs-turner?client=safari
So, the NCAA now makes over a billion dollars per year from the TV rights to its basketball tournament starring unpaid basketball players. And that doesn't include the money it makes from other media rights and ticket sales. It previously made around $700 million from the TV rights to this tournament, and that was already more than enough to pay every single player in men's Division I basketball a reasonable amount. Now they'll be making a billion dollars from the TV rights to a tournament starring unpaid basketball players. That's pretty ridiculous, huh?

However, the NCAA would like you to know that it is good and normal for an organization to make a billion dollars from the TV rights to a basketball tournament starring unpaid basketball players, because they are nice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-24, 16:20

It's a billion dollar industry just pay the damn kids.
The good news is that international leagues are going to start competing for the NCAA's billion dollar pie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/sports/basketball/australia-college-basketball-recruiting.html

Australia is going to start paying kids from the US to play basketball over there instead of going to college. Kids get paid in the mid six figure range to play over there and they'll be scouted by the NBA scouts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 17:12

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18129711/michigan-state-coach-tom-izzo-apologizes-spartans-schedule
http://es.pn/2ftiyo9

Coach Tom Izzo said after Thursday's loss that he did a terrible job putting together a schedule that has left little time to practice and try to develop his team.

"I actually apologized to my team,'' he said. "And yet, I've always played a tough schedule. ... You know what? You can take it as an excuse, you can take it as the truth, I don't give a damn. I'm telling you what I did. This ain't on them. It's on me."

Directly addressing Thursday's loss, he said: "We were moving the ball and really playing well I thought through the first half, and we quit doing that. I just think we looked awfully tired. I can accept that that's my fault, not theirs.''
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-24, 17:24

Someone should tell Izzo that's no excuse.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-24, 18:07

Yeah college athletes playing basketball... fuck off with that excuse. Izzo being izzo.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 19:03

Excuse or not, going from up three in the first half to being down by 20 in the second might tell us Izzo was out schemed at half, but I think it might be fatigue. Excuse or not, I tend to think the youngsters got gassed. Welcome to the big time I guess. We're gonna need to find some victories.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2016-11-24, 19:26

Team is going to struggle to make the tourney end of story. If you want to use the exhausted excuse again that's fine. But don't tell me it pays off in March. Because it doesn't. Plain and simple.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-24, 21:50

So I guess we are too tired tomorrow and Tuesday and 3-6 heading for the NIT. Really nothing could be done about it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-24, 21:57

Herbie Green wrote:So I guess we are too tired tomorrow and Tuesday and 3-6 heading for the NIT. Really nothing could be done about it.

I mean - there are some things that could have been done differently in the past but it is what it is.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 22:09

Jesus the kids are tired. Big deal. It's ok to admit it. Get home slow down for instruction and development in December and win one or two in the big ten tournament. It's not like the season is over. They're tired. It's been a lot of travel. It's ok to say it. Move on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-24, 22:21

Being tired doesn't really have anything to do with having one serviceable big man and not having enough scorers wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 22:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Being tired doesn't really have anything to do with having one serviceable big man and not having enough scorers wags.

Tired legs hinder scorers. Lots of concern but I'm gonna pass on hitting the panic button on November 24th. Not my style.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-24, 22:29

Last Sunday my daughter played a double header with a 7 girl roster and then had a two hour practice for another team. This Sunday she plays 3 games. I haven't heard any excuses.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 22:31

Herbie Green wrote:Last Sunday my daughter played a double header with a 7 girl roster and then had a two hour practice for another team. This Sunday she plays 3 games. I haven't heard any excuses.

Solid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-24, 22:45

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Being tired doesn't really have anything to do with having one serviceable big man and not having enough scorers wags.

Tired legs hinder scorers. Lots of concern but I'm gonna pass on hitting the panic button on November 24th. Not my style.

"hitting the panic button" is pretty subjective. definitely some red flags out there that don't bode well for the future but Izzo has earned the benefit of the doubt.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-11-24, 22:58

I think MSU will go to the Sweet 16, at least.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 23:06

y2kMgrad wrote:I think MSU will go to the Sweet 16, at least.

We only have 14 in our league. I don't think they call the first round sweet 16.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-24, 23:10

Santa Clara Zona on FS1. See if Zona completely melts down in the 2nd half, they were in Hawaii recently. Of course those pussies are only playing in Las Vegas right now.

I hope Izzo doesn't react to this shit start and keeps scheduling tough early non conference games. There will be years where we take our lumps, like this one, but overall - it's a good thing for the team and the fans.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-25, 00:19

Izzo is not going to change.

I don't really care that we lost any of these games. I have zero expectations for this team. Kinda nice personally. I mean not zero. I expect that they will continue to get better and be good enough to make a little noise by March.

But they are probably going to lose by 25 on Tuesday. And then the healing can begin.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 00:24

Duke is pretty hurt yeah?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-25, 00:25

Don't really know. I think Giles is still out. But who are we kidding, they still have 12 other 5 stars.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-25, 00:29

BOHICA. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 00:33

Bridges gotta put the team on his back doe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 00:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bridges gotta put the team on his back doe

Kinda already is.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-25, 10:16

Maybe Izzo gave his slaves 24 hours of R&R at the pool and beach in the Bahamas after cruely forcing them to play a basketball game yesterday.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 10:17

Herbie Green wrote:Maybe Izzo gave his slaves 24 hours of R&R at the pool and beach in the Bahamas after cruely forcing them to play a basketball game yesterday.

Those poor players have to be exhausted spending the holiday weekend in the Bahamas playing the game they have been playing their whole life. Not sure how they are still alive.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-25, 11:10

It's ok to say the traveling got them tired. It's ok to realize you don't have the skill knowledge or intensity to reach the level they've reached. It's ok to compare your children's weekend games to division one games. It's ok to want the NCAA administrators and suits at network and Nike shareholders to keep the money kids earn.

No big deal. Team still has to play. If they don't win team has to deal with why. Just don't be such little bitches about it. Say you need them to win or your empty life sucks worse.

Let's be honest and move forward. Like WBH my expectations are zero for this team. Win or lose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-25, 11:23

It is ok to be a puss and make excuses too. Do they get trophies if they participate in all three games?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next