Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS

+6
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS Empty Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-25, 00:11

Good move on her part to get in the press and to bilk sad/terrified liberals out of their money.

The goal was raised 2.5 to 4.5 million. Nothing but a waste of time and money.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS Empty Re: Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-25, 00:14

Who are these people giving money for this publicity stunt? Dumb.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-25, 03:49

Guilt and remorse for courting unhappy Democrats.

Stein didn't want a second President Clinton. Her 3rd/4th party effort helped get her wish.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-28, 13:43

Nets Give Jill Stein Recount Effort 12 Times Coverage of Her Entire Campaign

When Jill Stein was the Green Party’s candidate for U.S. president, the networks only gave her 36 seconds of coverage. However, as soon as she launched a campaign to contest the presidential election and demand a recount of ballots in several key states, the evening news shows on ABC, CBS and NBC managed to find 7 minutes and 26 seconds of coverage for her in just four days.

Flashback: NBC, ABC Lectured Trump to ‘Accept’ Election Results, Now Give Pass to Dems Demanding Recount

Oh how time can change things. A month before the election, the media was in a frenzy over Donald Trump seemingly “refusing” to say he would “accept” the results of the election, if he lost, (which the media was certain he would.) But less than a month after the election, the media, and networks in particular have shown their hypocrisy in now giving a pass to Democrats who are demanding a recount in several states. On Monday’s morning shows, the networks downplayed the recount, barely mentioning it, while spending most of their time hyping Trump’s tweets rebuking the recount and voter fraud, instead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-28, 14:06

No winning side wants recounts.

Why do you think this would be different?
There is always the possibility an election result could be reversed. I don't expect that.

There is also the possibility that a close review of election procedures including if all ballots were counted, reasons some ballots may not have been counted and if all municipal /county clerks followed the procedure set forward by each state's Sec of State.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-28, 14:15

I am a bit pleased that the efforts are irritating Trump.

Sadly, I don't think they'll find much in the recount. I still think Jill is doing this for publicity and money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-28, 14:17

We have a screwy system when a 4th place finisher with 1.2% of the popular vote can demand a recount. Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-28, 14:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:We have a screwy system when a 4th place finisher with 1.2% of the popular vote can demand a recount. Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 502811600

My concern is the money and publicity from this stunt may give her 3 to 4% of the vote next time around. It will be like Nader 2000 all over again. Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1896033241
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-28, 15:06

I think it's funny how Trump - the racist, bigot, admitted sexual predator who is supported by the KKK - thought the election was "rigged" until he got enough knuckle-draggers to vote for him... now he's belittling a recount effort of an election that he now says millions of votes were illegally cast.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-28, 15:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think it's funny how Trump - the racist, bigot, admitted sexual predator who is supported by the KKK - thought the election was "rigged" until he got enough knuckle-draggers to vote for him... now he's belittling a recount effort of an election that he now says millions of votes were illegally cast.

His comments means he should be supportive of a recount if he firmly believes that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-28, 15:22

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think it's funny how Trump - the racist, bigot, admitted sexual predator who is supported by the KKK - thought the election was "rigged" until he got enough knuckle-draggers to vote for him... now he's belittling a recount effort of an election that he now says millions of votes were illegally cast.

His comments means he should be supportive of a recount if he firmly believes that.
but he doesn't believe it.

It was probably something one of his white supremacist aides thought up while Trump was busy looking at some pedophile websites..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-28, 16:17

Democrats being massive hypocrites??

I just..I can't believe it!!

Hilary not being able to handle defeat with grace? She lied during her concession speach? No way!!

Democrats are doing everything they said Trump supporters would do...and then some. Lol

Please--call everyone that disagrees with you a racist or bigot. Please? It's led to the destruction of the Democratic Party.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-30, 15:45

Oooops - Stein missed the deadline in PA. I'm sure she'll be mailing refunds. Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946

Oh and this horseshit is going to cost Michigan taxpayers over $1,000,000 too. But I'm sure all are OK with that in this case...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 16:14

LooseGoose wrote:Oooops - Stein missed the deadline in PA.   I'm sure she'll be mailing refunds.   Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946

Oh and this horseshit is going to cost Michigan taxpayers over $1,000,000 too. But I'm sure all are OK with that in this case...

Did you not see the subject of this thread?

It's funny even with a liberal calls out something stupid that liberals are doing along comes a conservative assuming that all liberals are on board with it.

Goose pump the breaks and realized you are behaving like a post-truth american right now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 16:24

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Oooops - Stein missed the deadline in PA.   I'm sure she'll be mailing refunds.   Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946 Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 1966794946

It's funny even with a liberal calls out something stupid that liberals are doing along comes a conservative assuming that all liberals are on board with it.

Goose pump the breaks and realized you are behaving like a post-truth american right now.

Well libs normally just play follow the leader and can't critically think. So excuse him I guess.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 16:32

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well libs normally just play follow the leader and can't critically think. So excuse him I guess.

The lack of reading and just going off the gut is what has us all in this post-truth American nightmare.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-30, 16:33

There were two ways to move towards a recount in PA.

The recount isn't going to cost MI millions. Stein can get a recount but it doesn't have to be an individual ballot by ballot review.

There are accepted methods based on total votes cast, margin of victory and selection of precincts. If that sample shows irregularities they move to a larger sample.

In Wisconsin the recount is being paid for by Stein. I suspect the same for MI. Funny how we should be worried about a few million dollars to verify our elections are credible.

Its also odd how the person who won is tweeting there were 2 million bogus votes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-30, 16:56

GRR Spartan wrote:There were two ways to move towards a recount in PA.

The recount isn't going to cost MI millions. Stein can get a recount but it doesn't have to be an individual ballot by ballot review.

There are accepted methods based on total votes cast, margin of victory and selection of precincts. If that sample shows irregularities they move to a larger sample.

In Wisconsin the recount is being paid for by Stein. I suspect the same for MI. Funny how we should be worried about a few million dollars to verify our elections are credible.

Its also odd how the person who won is tweeting there were 2 million bogus votes.

Here's my problems with the recount.

One is Hillary failed to bring people out to the polls and her turnout was a disappointment. I think the same people that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 in rural Pennsylvania and the rust belt turned it out for Trump this time. I think there's adequate explanation for the results of this election, and yes I'm not happy with the results.

Second, we all read the UofM prof's post about how it is possible to hack an election and in order to find out if it happened we have to count now. He came up with the best argument FOR a recount that I've read. Problem is, Jill Stein is not using his argument as a basis for the recount she's going off of "reporting" by Greg Palast. He's an author and sort of a Jesse Ventura style conspiracy nut that writes about how every election is fixed. If Jill had based this on the UofM professors point of view and involved computer experts in this recount I'd be interested, but she didn't. She is going off of the finding of a gonzo journalist that goes about his business as some kind of a Sam Spade detective character.

If we were to spend more time and resources on tampering/hacking during this election, I'd rather look into the hacking work done all through out the summer on the DNC's emails.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-30, 20:19

Any who thinks the new GOP majority Congress will investgate hacking of emails from the DNC is likely to buy waterfront property in Death Valley.

The GOP won the election. Integrity of the process is only questioned when they lose.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-30, 20:37

GRR Spartan wrote:Integrity of the process is only questioned when they lose.

Compared to what democrats are doing now???
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-01, 10:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Integrity of the process is only questioned when they lose.

Compared to what democrats are doing now???

Losing sides and disappointed indivduals in close elections challenging results is as old as or democracy.

I don't equate requesting a recall to a Congressional investigation into a foreign power hackng a political party or political official and disseminating that information that information through wikileaks or another outlet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-01, 10:58

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/michigan-trump-staffer-convicted-on-ten-counts-of-felony-election-fraud/

Doh!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-01, 13:39

While I still don't think recounts will change the election results, I find it interesting that some members of the state GOP are lobbying the state board of elections to disallow a recount on the basis of Stein has no standing.

One would think after all the voter ID safeguards the MI GOP has legislated in the last decade they would be confident in the recently finalized count.

The MI GOP is also pushing by through new Voter rules. Current law states the if you show up to vote without your photo ID your ballot is valid if the clerks verify your voter registration. MI Republicans want to change it so your ballot won't be counted unless you show up at the clerks office within 10 days after voting.

Keeps going back to what the late Paul Weyrick said, "we don't want everyone to vote. We want the right people to vote."
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-01, 13:55

GRR Spartan wrote:While I still don't think recounts will change the election results, I find it interesting that some members of the state GOP are lobbying the state board of elections to disallow a recount on the basis of Stein has no standing.

One would think after all the voter ID safeguards the MI GOP has legislated in the last decade they would be confident in the recently finalized count.

The MI GOP is also pushing by through new Voter rules. Current law states the if you show up to vote without your photo ID your ballot is valid if the clerks verify your voter registration. MI Republicans want to change it so your ballot won't be counted unless you show up at the clerks office within 10 days after voting.

Keeps going back to what the late Paul Weyrick said, "we don't want everyone to vote. We want the right people to vote."

I don't think they're worried about the count since you would need multiple County Clerks in a conspiracy to throw the election. No recount has ever overturned this kind of deficit. And Stein has no standing since she has an absolute zero chance of prevailing.

It's too bad you have to be so "tribal" (waiting for OTPT to chide you) about it and not recognize that the R's might be opposed to the complete waste of taxpayer money this recount represents.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-01, 14:05

Since I'm living close to Switch, the old Steelcase HQ that got massive tax breaks and got massive lifetime tax breaks for all IT equipment purchased now and into the future I see no problem with the state paying for some sort of recount since the vote was decided by less than 12,000 votes, less than 1/10th of 1% of the total.
Are a few million dollars too much to make sure the count was correct?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-01, 14:22

steveschneider wrote:https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/michigan-trump-staffer-convicted-on-ten-counts-of-felony-election-fraud/

Doh!

RawStory?

Was winningdemocrats.com not available?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-01, 14:22

GRR Spartan wrote:Since I'm living close to Switch, the old Steelcase HQ that got massive tax breaks and got massive lifetime tax breaks for all IT equipment purchased now and into the future I see no problem with the state paying for some sort of recount since the vote was decided by less than 12,000 votes, less than 1/10th of 1% of the total.
Are a few million dollars too much to make sure the count was correct?

Jill Stein's Re-count is pure BS 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-02, 12:48

The Trump campaign and MI AG Bill Schutte have filed to stop the recall and the lameduck GOP MI House is reportedly drafting a new law that would prohibit people who wouldn't have a chance to win if the results were to change to ask for a recount.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-02, 13:14

GOP MI House is reportedly drafting a new law that would prohibit people who wouldn't have a chance to win if the results were to change to ask for a recount.

So it would be terrible if we had a law that stopped sore losers with no chance from wasting taxpayers money?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-02, 13:33

It would be terrible to make it even more difficult to get recounts.

Maybe my version of democracy differs from yours. I see nothing wrong with any candidate with the funds to get a recount. But there can be rules on how the recount can s done that would satisfy any speculation of a incorrect count.

Such as selecting an initial sample based on margin of victory and total votes cast. If the initial sample doesn't change the outcome and keeps the margin the same or greater the recount ends. If the first samples show a difference reducing or reversing the outcome a second larger sample is run and so forth.

If f nothing else I would like to see the level of alleged errors and possibilities of voter fraud a MI recount would show. Given all the talk about voter fraud and integrity of elections one might think the MI GOP and Trump campaigns would as well. They are interested and want to stop things before they get started.

If it was truly about saving tax payer money we wouldn't be seeing the MI GOP supporting state funds to hire private lawyers to both investigate the state officials of involved in the Flint Water mess and to defend a sitting governor.

It's about pulling back the curtain and possibly exposing holes in the state election structure or showing the fear of voter fraud is a political bogey man.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-03, 17:36

If the recount is pissing off Trump and the Connies, I'm all for it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-03, 20:27

Supposedly she ran out of $$$.....lol...

Matthew ‏@Matthops82 2h2 hours ago
Here's Jill Stein's official statement regarding the withdrawal from Pennsylvania's recount effort:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-04, 12:21

LooseGoose wrote:Supposedly she ran out of $$$.....lol...

Matthew ‏@Matthops82 2h2 hours ago
Here's Jill Stein's official statement regarding the withdrawal from Pennsylvania's recount effort:

looks like they are still trying to get a recount, they just stopped with one strategy and pushing forth with another.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-05, 08:54

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Supposedly she ran out of $$$.....lol...

Matthew ‏@Matthops82  2h2 hours ago

looks like they are still trying to get a recount, they just stopped with one strategy and pushing forth with another.

Jesus H. Christ. Let it go people.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-05, 09:05

Federal judge has ordered MI to start recount.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/04/michigan-recount-decision-jill-stein-donald-trump/94952282/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-12, 16:27

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Donald Trump remains winner of Wisconsin following statewide recount showing few changes in vote totals.

About what I expected.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-12, 16:38

What'd I hear? $7 million dollars, Trump gained 131 votes.
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/completed-wisconsin-recount-widens-donald-trump-s-lead-by-votes/article_3f61c6ac-5b18-5c27-bf38-e537146bbcdd.html
Hopefully they institutes some common sense reform to prevent this in the future.
a. if candidate is not within 1-2% no standing to request recount
b. said recount to be paid for in full by party requesting it, unless within a very small .01% margin.
Hopefully Ms. Stein is contacted my the IRS in regard to this matter, but doing Hill's bidding, that's unlikely to happen.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-12, 17:35

I.B. Fine wrote:What'd I hear? $7 million dollars, Trump gained 131 votes.
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/completed-wisconsin-recount-widens-donald-trump-s-lead-by-votes/article_3f61c6ac-5b18-5c27-bf38-e537146bbcdd.html
Hopefully they institutes some common sense reform to prevent this in the future.
a. if candidate is not within 1-2% no standing to request recount
b. said recount to be paid for in full by party requesting it, unless within a very small .01% margin.
Hopefully Ms. Stein is contacted my the IRS in regard to this matter, but doing Hill's bidding, that's unlikely to happen.

Yeah, looking at exit polls it was clear to me Trump actually won Wisconsin, Michigan and Penn.

Washington Post article on the recount made it clear too that it is very difficult to hack voting machines from a far. The university of Mich prof that spoke about the need for a recount did make the best case I heard for one and it was only to see if the machines were hacked. I guess anything is possible, but I thought the polling and data was consistent with the outcome.

I do support Americans right to organize and push forth for a recount, I just thought it was futile in this case and nothing more than a cash grab/pr move for the Green Party.

Holy shit I actually agreed with the orange one.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-12, 17:48

In MI I'm happy the recount discovered the ballot storage screwup in Waynevand even 2 dozen precincts in Macomb county.

Every recount is worthless if the people in charge of the election can't properly handle the ballots at any point in the process.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-12, 19:08

GRR Spartan wrote:In MI I'm happy the recount discovered the ballot storage screwup in Waynevand even 2 dozen precincts in Macomb county.

Every recount is worthless if the people in charge of the election can't properly handle the ballots at any point in the process.

So what's that say about elections in those locations?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next