Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?

+16
BleacherSwill
kingstonlake
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Jethro Bodeen
tTy
duffy munn
Blanch32
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  Empty Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:49

Pick a sport or two and give me a player. Lots of "all time greats" in each sport. From magic to bird to Jordan to Favre Butkus Barry Jim Brown to Howe Gretzky kaline Mantel whom ever. If it was you and one guy against five in a bar.

NBA- Isiaha Thomas. Fucker wouldn't lose
MLB -Gibson (is he an all time?). He's too intense
NFL -Ronnie Lott or Conrad Dobler both would die before they list.
NHL- Gordy. Just because.

Last edited by DWags on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:55; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  Empty Re: Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:52

Bob Probert high on cocaine. /end thread
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  Empty Re: Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:52

Ray Lewis killed a guy so I'll pick him
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob Probert high on cocaine. /end thread

Crept in his prime Gordy would have his ass bleeding.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Ray Lewis killed a guy so I'll pick him

nah, he didn't. It was his buddy, and from what I read he didn't witness it, but he helped conceal evidence.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:56

Gretzky?

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:56

No guns. Punches.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

nah, he didn't. It was his buddy, and from what I read he didn't witness it, but he helped conceal evidence.

Ray Caruth dud too

Last edited by DWags on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:58; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I think he was there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:58

DWags wrote:

No guns. Punches.

Kermit Washington.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:59

DWags wrote:

I know I'm younger but I don't believe you. Probie was 6'4, 230 and out of his mind. Felt no pain. Howe was 6'0 and what, 190? Give my Probie by KO in the 2nd.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:59

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

No guns. Punches.

Kermit Washington.

Rudy T's face says owe
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know I'm younger but I don't believe you. Probie was 6'4, 230 and out of his mind. Felt no pain. Howe was 6'0 and what, 190? Give my Probie by KO in the 2nd.

Isiah was 6 feet. I wouldn't fight that fucker. What he did on the ankle vs LA wasn't human.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:01

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I think he was there.

In the limo I believe. I used to know this story really well and understand the plea bargains and everything. I forget it. But Lewis was much less complicit in what happened from what I recall than he is given credit for. Still a terrible thing for him to not be able to bring justice to the families of those who were killed. But people act like he was wielding the knife OJ style and that just wasn't anything close to the truth.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:01

lol, I was about to post "Probert, semiSober"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:04

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Isiah was 6 feet. I wouldn't fight that fucker. What he did on the ankle vs LA wasn't human.

Yeah didn't Zeke clock Laimbeer in practice and he had to get stitches? I get your point. Some of these fuckers are ultra tough and Zeke would have killed his own brother to win games. I back that. But if we're talking a fight? I'll take fighters. Like for example I'd take Tito Ortiz over Ben Wallace circa 2004.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think he was there.

In the limo I believe. I used to know this story really well and understand the plea bargains and everything. I forget it. But Lewis was much less complicit in what happened from what I recall than he is given credit for. Still a terrible thing for him to not be able to bring justice to the families of those who were killed. But people act like he was wielding the knife OJ style and that just wasn't anything close to the truth.

His boys didn't start the fight, but they ended it. He was there. Lied to the cops. Eventually rolled on his boys for a plea bargain. Jury acquitted them. Self defense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 23:24

pretty much any hockey player vs whomever you can pick. those dudes are designed to fight
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 0:02

I never saw him play but I have spent time in the bar with him.

Robert Viney.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 0:08

Does this have to be pro sports?  Cuz if not, I'd pick Hubert Boo Boo Thompson.  He seemed like he could kill a motherfucker.  I'd want him to like me.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 0:29

Andre the Giant. 7'5" 500 lbs

Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 0:37

tTy wrote:Does this have to be pro sports?  Cuz if not, I'd pick Hubert Boo Boo Thompson.  He seemed like he could kill a motherfucker.  I'd want him to like me.

Good call. I personally watched Boo Boo beat the living shit out of 6 frat boys. Yep, he dominated a six on one fight. ( granted they were frat boys).

Hubert then took off running when the cops were called. Running full speed into a parked police car. He was not very smart.

I was later dressed down by Nick Saban. He wanted to know what kind of a joint I was running. I asked him what kind of a kid he was recruiting.

True story.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 1:10

Scott Skiles. We may not win, but we would never give up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 1:24

Glenn Winston
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 1:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Glenn Winston

Good call.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 2:09

Gordie Howe.

Saw him when was playing for Houston with his sons in his late 40's. He could hold his own against players 25 years younger. I could only imagine what he was doing when he was 25.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 3:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Glenn Winston
You can have Winston, I'll take Delton Williams.

Per the OP, are we just talking hall of famers and future hall of famers?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 8:05

Rougned Odor.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 8:08

Not sure who I'd want on my side, but I'd want to fight this thread because it sucks.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 8:42

Probably Joey Kocer

A great quote was by some player when asked about Kocer and his fighting ability.

"When Joe Kocer hit you, you stayed hit".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 8:52

Seriously though, the one and only answer is Mike Tyson in his prime.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's not the size of the dog. No one was meaner tougher nastier than Gordie Howe. I saw them both and I give Probie no chance. Howe would take him out before Probert got a chance to snort his coke stash. KO'ed before Probert knew there was going to be a fight.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:08

BleacherSwill wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's not the size of the dog.  No one was meaner tougher nastier than Gordie Howe.  I saw them both and I give Probie no chance.  Howe would take him out before Probert got a chance to snort his coke stash.  KO'ed before Probert knew there was going to be a fight.

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  Gordie-Howe-Hat-Trick-shirt_grande
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:21

duffy munn wrote:
tTy wrote:Does this have to be pro sports?  Cuz if not, I'd pick Hubert Boo Boo Thompson.  He seemed like he could kill a motherfucker.  I'd want him to like me.

Good call. I personally watched Boo Boo beat the living shit out of 6 frat boys. Yep, he dominated a six on one fight. ( granted they were frat boys).

Hubert then took off running when the cops were called. Running full speed into a parked police car. He was not very smart.

I was later dressed down by Nick Saban. He wanted to know what kind of a joint I was running. I asked him what kind of a kid he was recruiting.

True story.

no you didnt
you said, right call coach!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:23

BleacherSwill wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's not the size of the dog. No one was meaner tougher nastier than Gordie Howe. I saw them both and I give Probie no chance. Howe would take him out before Probert got a chance to snort his coke stash. KO'ed before Probert knew there was going to be a fight.

so he was a cheap shotting pos. good to know
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:25

Martina Navratilova.

That dude looks mean. Plus, she sort of has that eastern European "my uncle wears a velvet Adidas track suit to the airport" look about her.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 10:22

TheReal_LWS wrote:Not sure who I'd want on my side, but I'd want to fight this thread because it sucks.

Have you made a thread that wasn't about you?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 10:37

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

True story.

no you didnt

Actually, I ran into Saban months later at the Perles golf outing. He apologized to me.

And Boo Boo is in jail for killing a guy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 10:43

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

no you didnt

Actually, I ran into Saban months later at the Perles golf outing. He apologized to me.

And Boo Boo is in jail for killing a guy.
I had a whiskey and water with Perles once. He was laboring to breathe.

Seemed like my kinda guy, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Thu 1 Dec 2016 - 10:54

Herschel Walker. Dude is 50 years old and still built like a tank. Years of punishment in Football (as a running back no less) were not enough for him, he got into MMA. Unbelievable!

Of all the greatest players you've ever watched in the major sports, who would you want on your side in a bar fight?  Herschel-walker
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next