Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU student to cycle 3,629 miles across US to raise money for charity

+3
Phil McCrackin
Cym Jim
SpartyHard
7 posters

Go down

Article MSU student to cycle 3,629 miles across US to raise money for charity

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-28, 13:15

Pretty good read.

BAY CITY, MI — Days away from beginning a 3,629-mile journey across the United States, Joshua Velasquez describes himself as "an ordinary person doing something amazing."

Velasquez, the 21-year-old son of Audra and Michael Velasquez of Hampton Township, departs Saturday, May 31, on a bicycle trip from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., all in the name of raising money for individuals with disabilities.

Hit the jump to continue reading...
http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2014/05/joshua_velasquez_to_ride_3629.html#incart_m-rpt-2
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Article Re: MSU student to cycle 3,629 miles across US to raise money for charity

Post by Cym Jim 2014-05-28, 13:29

SpartyHard wrote:Joshua Velasquez describes himself as "an ordinary person doing something amazing."

Who doesn't?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: MSU student to cycle 3,629 miles across US to raise money for charity

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-28, 13:54

Sounds like an awesome trip.

My co-worker (former co-worker?) is about 12 months into a 17 month bike journey from the northernmost point in Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. He started the journey with just 1 other guy, but they met a pair of Canadians somewhere in Central America who just happened to be doing the same ride, so I think the 4 of them are now riding together.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-28, 14:03

Phil McCrackin wrote:Sounds like an awesome trip.

My co-worker (former co-worker?) is about 12 months into a 17 month bike journey from the northernmost point in Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. He started the journey with just 1 other guy, but they met a pair of Canadians somewhere in Central America who just happened to be doing the same ride, so I think the 4 of them are now riding together.

That ride would be a lot easier though. If you look at a map, it's all down hill from Alaska to Argentina.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-28, 18:07

My wife cycles every month. It's an awesome trip. MSU student to cycle 3,629 miles across US to raise money for charity 4198636888
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DnvrSprtnhd 2014-05-28, 20:28

A friend of mine is going east to west via bike. Stopping at as many breweries as he can. He calls it brew voyage, check it out @www.brewvoyage.com
DnvrSprtnhd
DnvrSprtnhd
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-05-29, 11:40

DnvrSprtnhd wrote:A friend of mine is going east to west via bike. Stopping at as many breweries as he can. He calls it brew voyage, check it out @www.brewvoyage.com

Cool as hell. I like his writing style, too. I'll be reading his blog, thanks for posting it.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down