Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced

+9
InTenSity
Venice
NigelUno
Mentalstate
Rodeo Burger
Punisher98
Giant Moose
dubie7006
CrazySparty
13 posters

Go down

MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced Empty MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:03

@MSU_Football: Michigan State’s Sept. 6 road game at Oregon will kick off at 6:30 p.m. ET (3:30 p.m. PT) and be televised by FOX.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced Empty Re: MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:09

Bruce Feldman is pumped...

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 3m
Most fascinating non-conference regular-season CFB matchup of the year: #MichiganState at #Oregon is Sept 6, 3:30 PT on @FOXSports Awesome!

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 52s
Nation's best DC Pat Narduzzi & #MichiganState trying to slow down Mariota & #Ducks O in Autzen.. Can't wait.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-29, 14:23

========================D ~~~~~~~~~
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-29, 14:24

Awesome. I love that big-time games aren't only on the biased ESPN networks.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-05-29, 14:29

CrazySparty wrote:@MSU_Football: Michigan State’s Sept. 6 road game at Oregon will kick off at 6:30 p.m. ET (3:30 p.m. PT) and be televised by FOX.

So are we all still idiots for thinking that was a possibility? Lol

GREAT SUCCESS!!
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:33

Punisher98 wrote:

So are we all still idiots for thinking that was a possibility? Lol

GREAT SUCCESS!!

I said people were idiots for wanting to directly compete with ND-UM. I stand by that.

Even then, UM-ND won't kickoff until 7:45 est. Only competing with half of their game(which also happens to be the first, less important half).
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-29, 14:37

=====================D~ ~ ~ ~
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-29, 14:38

CrazySparty wrote:

I said people were idiots for wanting to directly compete with ND-UM. I stand by that.

Even then, UM-ND won't kickoff until 7:45 est. Only competing with half of their game(which also happens to be the first, less important half).
What competition? MSU-Oregon will be two Top Ten and maybe even Top 5 teams battling while ND-UM will be a Top 20 team vs a fringe Top 25 team.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:41

Giant Moose wrote:
What competition? MSU-Oregon will be two Top Ten and maybe even Top 5 teams battling while ND-UM will be a Top 20 team vs a fringe Top 25 team.

Better game =/= Bigger draw. Spartans-Ducks should by all accounts be a better game, but I doubt it'll be a bigger draw.

I stick by claim that MSU-Oregon would've drawn a better ratting had it not in any way competed with ND-UM. However, it's not an accident that FOX doesn't want our game competing with the second half/ending of ND-UM.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-29, 14:44

CrazySparty wrote:

Better game =/= Bigger draw. Spartans-Ducks should by all accounts be a better game, but I doubt it'll be a bigger draw.

I stick by claim that MSU-Oregon would've drawn a better ratting had it not in any way competed with ND-UM. However, it's not an accident that FOX doesn't want our game competing with the second half/ending of ND-UM.

It will be a much bigger draw. scum has zero September Heismann candidates this year to help fuel their paper tiger status.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-05-29, 14:46

Mentalstate wrote:

It will be a much bigger draw. scum has zero September Heismann candidates this year to help fuel their paper tiger status.

Wouldn't waste your time. The guy has been screaming in our faces over and over for months that the game would be a 1230 EST start, and now he's claiming he was "right".  MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced 502811600 

Last edited by Punisher98 on 2014-05-29, 15:02; edited 1 time in total
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:47

Mentalstate wrote:

"Blasphemy! Gardner will excel under new OC Doug Nussmeier, who Dave Brandon STOLE from Nick Saban and Alabama!" - Too many people.

Besides, ND also gets Golson back at QB.

I do like that our game is on FOX, and not FS1 though.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-29, 14:47

CrazySparty wrote:

The nation would much rather see a hypothetical #4 MSU vs. #6 Oregon than they would see #20 ND vs. others receiving votes UM.

Plus Oregon gets you much of the West Coast, which is something neither UM or ND do as well. ND and UM are traditionally great draws, but I do believe MSU-Oregon will pull in greater numbers on FOX.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-29, 14:47

Does this mean we get Gus Johnson?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-29, 14:49

CrazySparty wrote:Does this mean we get Gus Johnson?

If so, I'm definitely going to try to go so I don't have to listen to him.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-29, 14:52

CrazySparty wrote:Does this mean we get Gus Johnson?

PURE
http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-29, 14:54

I'm loving that we'll have at least 4 evening/night games this year, too. And maybe five depending on the Ohio State game.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-29, 15:14

WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT SCUM/ND???!!!??

**** yeah, MSU/Oregon. What a great, great match-up!

And love it from a nat perspective, as MSU is falling in polls now, as sportswriters have had time to forget about actual on-the-field results and have done tours of "traditional powers" this spring during camps, which has let them graciously fall back into promoting the bullshit hype again.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-29, 15:18

CrazySparty wrote:I would bet money on MSU-Oregon getting the 3:30 est. kickoff time on ESPN/ABC(Based on regional coverage)...

Also keep in mind that if ESPN/ABC doesn't "claim" MSU-Oregon, then FS1 gets it as they have second pick...

No, I'm thinking 12:30-1:00 Oregon time. The only way it's a 7:00-8:00 pm est. game is if FS1 televises it. The only way FS1 televises it is if ESPN decides they don't want to televise it. How likely do you think that last scenario is?...

Bingo EDIT: It's also very telling that when I provide facts, the people(Or person with multiple schticks) downvoting has yet to reveal themselves and say why I'm wrong...

I've listed several reasons as to why it won't be a night game(By east coast standards)
Other games
TV rights
Maximizing ratings
Common sense

Oh Jesus...

I am right. Mostly, anyways.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice 2014-05-29, 15:20

Lemme know if you have access to any tickets, Please for a crippled OTD Spartan
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-05-29, 15:23

I would bet money on MSU-Oregon getting the 3:30 est. kickoff time on ESPN/ABC(Based on regional coverage)...

Also keep in mind that if ESPN/ABC doesn't "claim" MSU-Oregon, then FS1 gets it as they have second pick...

No, I'm thinking 12:30-1:00 Oregon time. The only way it's a 7:00-8:00 pm est. game is if FS1 televises it. The only way FS1 televises it is if ESPN decides they don't want to televise it. How likely do you think that last scenario is?...

Bingo EDIT: It's also very telling that when I provide facts, the people(Or person with multiple schticks) downvoting has yet to reveal themselves and say why I'm wrong...

I've listed several reasons as to why it won't be a night game(By east coast standards)
Other games
TV rights
Maximizing ratings
Common sense

Oh Jesus...

I am right. Mostly, anyways.

Lol. Except for the losing money if he had bet part I guess
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-05-29, 15:26

Mentalstate wrote:WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT SCUM/ND???!!!??

And love it from a nat perspective, as MSU is falling in polls now, as sportswriters have had time to forget about actual on-the-field results and have done tours of "traditional powers" this spring during camps, which has let them graciously fall back into promoting the bullshit hype again.

People do care about Scum/ND. Its a game I always watch myself. Two top-tier programs (history speaking) at night will attract an audience, no doubt.

There were just other ways to set up the MSU/Oregon game though besides a 1230 EST start. OP would have none of that nonsense.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-29, 16:21

Awesome! I hope I can leave the house to go watch the game with Mental and Miami. I hope I get to watch games this year, I guess that is what DVR is for though. I like the later starts.

Mental - Where is MSU falling in the polls? What has knocked us down, before they are out? I'm just curious. Also kind of weird to say that MSU is falling in polls that don't exist yet.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-29, 16:31

InTenSity wrote:Awesome! I hope I can leave the house to go watch the game with Mental and Miami. I hope I get to watch games this year, I guess that is what DVR is for though. I like the later starts.

Mental - Where is MSU falling in the polls? What has knocked us down, before they are out? I'm just curious. Also kind of weird to say that MSU is falling in polls that don't exist yet.

I think it was Sporting News, dropped us to 12 yesterday or day before.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-29, 17:07

Mentalstate wrote:WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT SCUM/ND???!!!??

You are absolutely right. I just wanted you to know that there are those of us here that can recognize a turd from a CS  MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced 969504605 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-29, 17:27

dubie7006 wrote:

If so, I'm definitely going to try to go so I don't have to listen to him.

Why do people hate Gus Johnson? He's an awesome announcer.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-29, 17:44

Macks wrote:

Making pedantic plays sound like he just reached sexual climax makes him awesome?
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2014-05-30, 00:35

Macks wrote:

I wouldn't say I hate him, but I used to like him a lot more. People started to like him because of the energy and excitement he brought to the booth. Now I feel like he tries way too hard to make a whatever play sound like the GREATEST PLAY EVER.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-05-30, 11:16

dubie7006 wrote:

Making pedantic plays sound like he just reached sexual climax makes him awesome?

Nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm. Yeah he goes a little over the top at times, but I will take that over someone like Dan Dakich who is constantly criticizing everyone.

Gus during the B10 Championship was great.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-30, 13:15

Punisher98 wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm. Yeah he goes a little over the top at times, but I will take that over someone like Dan Dakich who is constantly criticizing everyone.

Gus during the B10 Championship was great.

I agree he was good for the B1G game, but then he didn't do his normal sexy-time explosion mating call. Go listen to him during the recent Champions League final. I had to turn that shit off because of him. Couldn't stand it. Squealing like a pig =/= awesome.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-30, 14:06

My favorite Gus Johnson game of all time was when he did the Detroit vs St. Louis professional football game. That game was full of hijinx. It looked like St. Louis was going to win the game. St. Louis was up 27-20 with 7 seconds left to go in the game. Detroit has the ball St. Louis' 40 yard line and it's 4th and 7. Basically, this was the game...All receivers are running fly routes and the qb recognized that Hines had a seam at the right slot. He hits Hines at the 30 and what happened next was incredible!! All of a suddenly, the sprinkler pops up and hits a linebacker and then another sprinkler pops up to take out a defensive back...both had good position to make the tackles. Then, the last defender that had a chance to tackle him was tripped up by a sprinkler head that popped up, almost as if it was on demand.

Game went into overtime!! Gus Johnson was just off the charts awesome in that game.

Detroit was going for the win with a field goal on 2nd and goal, but the sprinklers popped up again and took out the holder. The ball was loose and kicked around, and Detroit ended up recovering in the endzone for a touchdown.

One of the best games ever!!
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-30, 14:11

WCS wrote:My favorite Gus Johnson game of all time was when he did the Detroit vs St. Louis professional football game. That game was full of hijinx. It looked like St. Louis was going to win the game. St. Louis was up 27-20 with 7 seconds left to go in the game. Detroit has the ball St. Louis' 40 yard line and it's 4th and 7. Basically, this was the game...All receivers are running fly routes and the qb recognized that Hines had a seam at the right slot. He hits Hines at the 30 and what happened next was incredible!! All of a suddenly, the sprinkler pops up and hits a linebacker and then another sprinkler pops up to take out a defensive back...both had good position to make the tackles. Then, the last defender that had a chance to tackle him was tripped up by a sprinkler head that popped up, almost as if it was on demand.

Game went into overtime!! Gus Johnson was just off the charts awesome in that game.

Detroit was going for the win with a field goal on 2nd and goal, but the sprinklers popped up again and took out the holder. The ball was loose and kicked around, and Detroit ended up recovering in the endzone for a touchdown.

One of the best games ever!!

MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced 502811600 MSU-Oregon Kickoff Time Announced 1486952199 
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down