Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When was the last time you played Croquet?

+2
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
6 posters

Go down

When was the last time you played Croquet? Empty When was the last time you played Croquet?

Post by kingstonlake 2016-12-22, 11:10

I play every year when we visit my parents in Florida. Pops has a group of fellas that play religiously every day on the beach.  They have custom mallets and a "sweeper".  Their games are tight. no fucking around. I usually join in and it's pretty fun actually. Surprisingly competitive. Like it way better than the lawn version.

Anyway, cool story i know.

Merry Christmas.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

When was the last time you played Croquet? Empty Re: When was the last time you played Croquet?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-22, 11:14

August 1973.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

When was the last time you played Croquet? Empty Re: When was the last time you played Croquet?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-22, 11:18

This one winter years ago my family took on a job to oversee a seasonal hotel up in the mountains in Colorado. Before it started snowing I played the croquet course on the property. Actually  the proper name for it is "roque". The mallets... they work well for... correcting things.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-22, 13:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:August 1973.

Sounds about right for me, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-22, 13:25

What about Jarts? Is that the right game?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-22, 13:27

InTenSity wrote:What about Jarts? Is that the right game?

I have a full set of Jarts in VG condition, but nobody wants to play out of fear of a head wound. I say that's more than half the fun.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-22, 13:30

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:What about Jarts? Is that the right game?

I have a full set of Jarts in VG condition, but nobody wants to play out of fear of a head wound. I say that's more than half the fun.  

I almost lobotomized a cousin once because she ran though the playing area while a lawn dart was in the air. Probably would have done her some good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-22, 13:46

Jarts the lawn game with deadly potential.  
Made when men were men and marketing could look company legal in the eye and say "So what."

When was the last time you played Croquet? Jarts-lawn-darts

I played croque about 2 years ago.  Its a lot more fun with a good set of equipment than the POS that was at my grandmother's cottage that we used as kids. It was also more fun on relatively flat ground and there is alcohol to be consumed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-22, 14:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I almost lobotomized a cousin once because she ran though the playing area while a lawn dart was in the air. Probably would have done her some good.

Go for the eye. Aim small, miss small.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down