Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+29
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Rocinante
keanro
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
CheesySpartan
MSU addict
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Death Roe
33 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by aualum06 Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:47

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Cooked the ribs to long. Still good but a little dry.
How long and how hot?

210, 4 ish hours. I knew it was probably going to be long but I wanted to finish with the sauce a little longer 30 minutes at the end to see what would happen
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 31 Dec 2017 - 23:14

Blueberry pie and whole beef tenderloin for manana. Baking the pie tonight.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 39420119651_2d246925dc_z

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 38541690495_09f9322811_z
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 0:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Blueberry pie and whole beef tenderloin for manana. Baking the pie tonight.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 39420119651_2d246925dc_z

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 38541690495_09f9322811_z

Oh man the fancy lattice work.....i've never tried that.

Looks good!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 0:59

Pie looks delicious
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 23:31

I have some raw murder for Neck. I chopped off 1/3 of that tenderloin ~ 125 for me and only me. I think actually my boy had a few bites of the rare slices. Chopped off the center cut "Chateaubriand" for the majority of the guests at about 136. Both rested wrapped in a cooler until the far end got up to 165 for my wife and her father. Rolling Eyes

Here is a chunk of my rare and some M-M/R slices.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 38729965884_5a8fa11ed2_c

And the blueberry murder pie. It was a legit meal. I pick at my flaws but this all came together nicely, along with some fresh cut yukon gold potato home fries I made.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 25568150908_9c24169267_c
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 2 Jan 2018 - 15:14

How was the pie?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 21:19

It was good.

Pantry - I think Oaxaca may have closed. Driving by today it looked empty and I saw some flyers taped to the window.

I'm putting a brisket on the WSM tomorrow first thing. In my shorts and flippy floppies. Fuck you mother nature.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 21:24

Turtle soup anyone?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 4 Jan 2018 - 22:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It was good.

Pantry - I think Oaxaca may have closed. Driving by today it looked empty and I saw some flyers taped to the window.

I'm putting a brisket on the WSM tomorrow first thing. In my shorts and flippy floppies. Fuck you mother nature.
wow. Would be disappointing if they closed. Will have to check that out.

btw...notice the National Coney on Rochester closed? Looks like someone is working on the building. Wonder what's going in there
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 14:29

I cook on my patio when it feels like -18 out, what do you do?

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 39522629711_d0213491ba_z
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 17:55

Looks great. How long did it take?

Drove by Oaxaca. Sign in the window says they are closed until next Monday. They must have gone back to the old country over the holidays. Maybe they're bringing back some new/old recipes...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 5 Jan 2018 - 23:18

The Pantry wrote:Looks great. How long did it take?

Drove by Oaxaca. Sign in the window says they are closed until next Monday. They must have gone back to the old country over the holidays. Maybe they're bringing back some new/old recipes...?

Good to hear.

It took forever. It was just over 10 and I trimmed a good lb off. I cooked hot - 300-330 and it still took 8 hours. must have been the lovely weather. I took it over to a buddy's house and 4 of us enjoyed it very much. It was very good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 12:46

Made a shrimp stirfry for lunch today.   I was pretty damn happy with it.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 WbpAtZb
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 12:50

I would not eat the tails, Goose, but that's just me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 12:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:I would not eat the tails, Goose, but that's just me.

It's a mess but I pull them off as I eat the stuff...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 14:20

That’s why you’re not getting second dates Floyd.

Ta da da dum
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 14:21

LooseGoose wrote:

It's a mess but I pull them off as I eat the stuff...

Looks good. You have curry in there or is it my phone?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 10 Jan 2018 - 14:30

DWags wrote:

That’s why you’re not getting second dates Floyd.

Ta da da dum

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 21:40

Free Pie

Grand Traverse Pie Company offering free slices on National Pie Day

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Michigans-best-pie-top-10-revealed-plus-best-of-the-rest-cf03eaf2281f6efb

Jan. 23 is National Pie Day.

And here in Michigan, that means free pie thanks to Grand Traverse Pie Company. The Traverse City-based bakery will be offering a free slice of pie with any purchase at any of its locations scattered across the state on Tuesday, Jan. 23.

Slices of Michigan fruit pie - Apple Crumb or Cherry Crumb - can be had with any purchase. That includes coffee, salads, sandwiches and pot pies. You can even order a slice of pie and get another one free.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 8:13

Today is #NationalPieDay
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 8:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is #NationalPieDay

I thought 3-14 was Pie day?  March 14th.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 8:51

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Today is #NationalPieDay

I thought 3-14 was Pie day?  March 14th.

They should make Pie/Pi day the same. Avoid all confusion.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 21:14

I rarely make no bake cookies because i NEVER get them to set up correctly. The SiL wanted
some tonight so I tried again. In a miracle they were nearly perfect and tasty too.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 MtAUana
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:02

Those ^^^ look like they'd go great with milk.

Thanks again for the link, Goose. Really good stuff. Going for 2nd pickup on Monday. Picking up some quality bacon too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:13

The Pantry wrote:Those ^^^ look like they'd go great with milk.

Thanks again for the link, Goose.  Really good stuff.  Going for 2nd pickup on Monday.  Picking up some quality bacon too.

Great!  The bacon report will be interesting to hear.  We used to raise a couple pigs on waste milk and whey.  Incredible eating.  

I've got to get some baked goods down there so you can turn Wags\WBH On to the CrackMilk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:28

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Those ^^^ look like they'd go great with milk.

Thanks again for the link, Goose.  Really good stuff.  Going for 2nd pickup on Monday.  Picking up some quality bacon too.

Great!  The bacon report will be interesting to hear.  We used to raise a couple pigs on waste milk and whey.  Incredible eating.  

I've got to get some baked goods down there so you can turn Wags\WBH On to the CrackMilk
Kept a gallon at work.  A few co-workers have inquired.  A couple were repulsed like some of the nitwits here.  One tried and liked it.  Might be joining the herd share next week.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 7:23

Smoking Meats Leads To Fire At Holiday Market In Royal Oak

“One of our people put some ashes that were hot into the compactor. Since the trash compactor is inside the building, smoke just engulfed the store,” Mangold told WWJ’s Charlie Langton.

Be careful not to do this at home coughDWagscough.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 9:01

Floyd Robertson wrote: Smoking Meats Leads To Fire At Holiday Market In Royal Oak

“One of our people put some ashes that were hot into the compactor. Since the trash compactor is inside the building, smoke just engulfed the store,” Mangold told WWJ’s Charlie Langton.

Be careful not to do this at home coughDWagscough.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:19

O.K. Meat lovers, three days of shoveling, now ice storm, I'm not grilling or firing up the oven.  I'm going with a 4 LB bone in prime rib in the crock pot.  Going to use a beef stock and wine base.  Celery, onions, garlic, carotts and fingerling potatoes will swim in it too.  I"ll season the PR with usual seasonings.  Cook for 5 hours on low till it comes to 135, and serve.  Told the wife, it won't have the bark on it like we usually like the prime rib, I'm pretty sure it's going to be tasty.  I'll report back after dinner.  Never did a Prime Rib in the slow cooker.  

Go Green
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:31

Chilli in the crock pot what do we got
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:41

I made a nice bowl of shrimp alfredo last night to celebrate the win.

Got burger thawed and no plans for it - so likely just a patty smothered in onions and mushrooms.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:43

DWags wrote:O.K. Meat lovers, three days of shoveling, now ice storm, I'm not grilling or firing up the oven.  I'm going with a 4 LB bone in prime rib in the crock pot.  Going to use a beef stock and wine base.  Celery, onions, garlic, carotts and fingerling potatoes will swim in it too.  I"ll season the PR with usual seasonings.  Cook for 5 hours on low till it comes to 135, and serve.  Told the wife, it won't have the bark on it like we usually like the prime rib, I'm pretty sure it's going to be tasty.  I'll report back after dinner.  Never did a Prime Rib in the slow cooker.  

Go Green
Please don't put it in the slow cooker. That's meat sacrilege for a prime rib.

Go with Method X
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:47

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:O.K. Meat lovers, three days of shoveling, now ice storm, I'm not grilling or firing up the oven.  I'm going with a 4 LB bone in prime rib in the crock pot.  Going to use a beef stock and wine base.  Celery, onions, garlic, carotts and fingerling potatoes will swim in it too.  I"ll season the PR with usual seasonings.  Cook for 5 hours on low till it comes to 135, and serve.  Told the wife, it won't have the bark on it like we usually like the prime rib, I'm pretty sure it's going to be tasty.  I'll report back after dinner.  Never did a Prime Rib in the slow cooker.  

Go Green
Please don't put it in the slow cooker.  That's meat sacrilege for a prime rib.

Go with Method X

Yeah, I have done it many ways, we even have a Ron Popei rotesseri, deal.  I'm trying this, just because it's a recipe we saw and thought it was worth one try.  I'm still going to deep fry one this spring.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 11:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Chilli in the crock pot what do we got

Made sloppy joes in the crockpot yesterday. Good stuff.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:04

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Please don't put it in the slow cooker.  That's meat sacrilege for a prime rib.

Go with Method X

Yeah, I have done it many ways, we even have a Ron Popei rotesseri, deal.  I'm trying this, just because it's a recipe we saw and thought it was worth one try.  I'm still going to deep fry one this spring.
Please post a link to the recipe.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:32

LooseGoose wrote:I made a nice bowl of shrimp alfredo last night to celebrate the win.

Got burger thawed and no plans for it - so likely just a patty smothered in onions and mushrooms.

I made shrimp Alfredo too. Great minds

Subway today. Thumbs down
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 12:34

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

I think I put this in the wrong thread. Crock pot prime rib
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 13:00

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

I think I put this in the wrong thread. Crock pot prime rib
Good luck. I could not bring myself to do that to a rib roast. Best ones I've done were on the rotisserie.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 13:11

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Ribroa10

What exactly about this picture makes you want to try this DWags?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 13:21

MSU addict wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Ribroa10

What exactly about this picture makes you want to try this DWags?

I'm thinking the large bone buried in flesh overstimulated Wags.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next