Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+29
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Rocinante
keanro
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
CheesySpartan
MSU addict
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Death Roe
33 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 0:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nice how do you make your ice cream?

Ham - assume pre-smoked? I want a raw ham to smoke.
Think this has been brought up before.  Call  Country Smoke House in Almont.  They can either get or direct you to what you seek.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by DWags Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 5:59

aualum06 wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:2 pork butts on the trailer. We'll see how the pit does in zero/sub zero temps.

Was boring today made a ham and she boiled potatoes. Made snow ice cream as well

Ice cream? You make bread and ice cream? Can you be my grandma? Please.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 7:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nice how do you make your ice cream?

Ham - assume pre-smoked? I want a raw ham to smoke.

Yeah presmoked. Rubbed done brown sugar on it. This was a crappy Facebook mix snow and milk and vanilla together and call it ice cream.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 11:52

Honestly this new remote thermometer I got is bad ass. In early returns I like it way better than my Thermoworks Smoke + Gateway.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 E3k9Hsz
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 15:09

Tomorrow's smoking project, 24 hours in the fridge

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 Screen12
The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 Img_2029
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 15:42

What's that thing weigh?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 15:45

The Pantry wrote:What's that thing weigh?

Not much, I cut it in half when I bought it probably a pound and a half or two
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 16:11

You cut a brisket flat in half? You know they shrink a lot in the smoke, correct?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 16:25

New recipe I'm sure you'll all be trying tonight.
The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 Hide_t10
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 16:26

The Pantry wrote:You cut a brisket flat in half? You know they shrink

a lot in the smoke, correct?

It's a pork loin
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 17:41

aualum06 wrote:

It's a pork loin
Sorry. From the pic it looked more like a flat.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 18:10

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

It's a pork loin
Sorry. From the pic it looked more like a flat.

Should have specified. Always wanted to do a brisket maybe this summer
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 21:39

aualum06 wrote:

It's a pork loin
btw...think we've discussed pork loin before. Remember to pull it out at 145-150° internal to tent. Go beyond that and it will be overdone.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 21:43

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

It's a pork loin
btw...think we've discussed pork loin before. Remember to pull it out at 145-150° internal to tent. Go beyond that and it will be overdone.

I am bad at letting the meat rest but will do this tomorrow
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 22:20

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:btw...think we've discussed pork loin before. Remember to pull it out at 145-150° internal to tent. Go beyond that and it will be overdone.

I look forward to the pictures.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Feb 2019 - 19:24

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I look forward to the pictures.

I was lazy no pictures, pulled at 146 tented for 20 minutes. The rub was really good and it was cooked really well
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 14:11

tossed a NY strip in the oven last night.. my patented* cast iron skillet method.

*(actually, it's an offspring of Alton Brown's method - I have tweaked it to become mine).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 18:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:tossed a NY strip in the oven last night.. my patented* cast iron skillet method.

*(actually, it's an offspring of Alton Brown's method - I have tweaked it to become mine).

Does tweaking it mean you're using your oven, not Alton's?Wink

Have you had a chance to try the recipe I posted above?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 15 Feb 2019 - 20:35

Didn't cook today. Went to the meats. Drove around for thirty minutes looking to parallel park like a beast. Waited 45 minutes for a table. Got the chili cheese fries. Amazing. Brisket and Mac and cheese. Amazing. Some blueberry cider draft thing amazing. Lot of people in a small space.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 8:02

He claims it's a 1½" thick ribeye but looks more like 1¼" to me. Still, uses only the cook top to get it right.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 8:48

The Pantry wrote:He claims it's a 1½" thick ribeye but looks more like 1¼" to me. Still, uses only the cook top to get it right.

I love cooking. Not to much not to little. Lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 9:18

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:He claims it's a 1½" thick ribeye but looks more like 1¼" to me. Still, uses only the cook top to get it right.

Lot of work there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 9:40

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Lot of work there.
Not really when considering the actual cook time. Pretty cool for one steak at-a-time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 10:39

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lot of work there.
Not really when considering the actual cook time. Pretty cool for one steak at-a-time.

It was an amazing looking steak
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 21:59

Did the prime rib covered in butter garlic thyme rosemary salt pepper. Oven at 500 hit it for five minutes per pound. This was 2.75 lbs. 13.75 minutes. Shut the oven off for two hours. Cooked potatoes Anna in my cast iron skillet. Did asparagus and over cooked by three minutes.

Here is the rendering.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 25 134b0a10

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 22:01

Thats horseradish on part of it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 16 Feb 2019 - 22:06

Looks great!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 22:56

I need a challenge tonight. I am going to make a pizza. Fight the cold and use the Primo? Or check out and use the oven?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:44

I lit the grill but I gave up on it. Too much snow. Pie in oven now. If it turns out ok I'll post up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:48

Quitter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 23:49

I just turned on the dirty dozen. I’m up all night. If I wasn’t drunk I’d drive over for a slice.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=20543
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25