Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons

5 posters

Go down

Who wins?

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_lcap29%Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_lcap57%Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_lcap14%Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Empty Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:00

Two incredible quarterbacks, the GOAT Tom Brady and probable MVP Matt Ryan, face off in what hopefully isn't the 9th blowout out of 11 postseason games for the Lombardi trophy.

I know there aren't any diehard Falcons or Pats fans on here, but this should be a great game. The Falcons just dismantled the red-hot Packers, and the Patriots crushed the Bell-less Steelers.

Pats defense seems to be a tad better than the Falcons overall, but the Falcons offense is better than the Pats' by far. I'm excited.

I thought Super Bowl 50 was gonna be a great game, but the Broncos trashed Cam.

Last edited by Death Roe on 2017-01-22, 21:16; edited 1 time in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Empty Re: Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 21:04

What are your thoughts on the line?

It's gonna be < 3 either way. Before the playoffs started, tell me this is the matchup and I'd peg it at NE -3. After the past few weeks though I think I'd put Atlanta as a small fave. I'd say ATL -2.5. It's probably already circulating on twitter but I haven't looked yet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons Empty Re: Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 21:05

Ok I just found a tweet. Westgate posting NE -3. Wow. Give me ATL ML.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What are your thoughts on the line?

It's gonna be < 3 either way. Before the playoffs started, tell me this is the matchup and I'd peg it at NE -3. After the past few weeks though I think I'd put Atlanta as a small fave. I'd say ATL -2.5. It's probably already circulating on twitter but I haven't looked yet.

I think Atlanta should be the favorite, just based on how they've looked. I think they've looked more impressive lately.

I'd go Atlanta -2.5, what you think.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok I just found a tweet. Westgate posting NE -3. Wow. Give me ATL ML.

If I weren't such a puss and decided to bet on 5d, I'd wager a couple bucks on the Dirty Birds.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 21:07

ATL Defense is nasty. And there is too much Run/pass conflict there. Brady is unbelievable but his weapons with Gronk out are just not that dynamic. I think Atlanta wins by about 8.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:08

So, if Brady wins this year, this is his 5th title in 7 tries.

Do we call him the greatest of all time? I really think we have to.

Put aside your UM hatred, to win 5 titles in a 15 year span is incredible.

And to think the only person to have thwarted him from having 6 titles is Eli Fucking Manning. Super Bowl LI - Patriots vs. Falcons 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-01-22, 21:08

Really hope the falcons show up because I can't handle the fucking patriots cheating for decades and how smug those assholes are. Falcons by 10
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:ATL Defense is nasty. And there is too much Run/pass conflict there. Brady is unbelievable but his weapons with Gronk out are just not that dynamic. I think Atlanta wins by about 8.

I think it will be neck-and-neck, but the Falcons offense just overpowers NE and wraps it up late 3rd/early 4th.

Although Chris Hogan has turned into a great Pats weapon... Martellus Bennett is struggling with injuries, and he was a great Gronk substitute until he got hurt.

Falcons have two great RBs, Ryan playing at his ultimate peak (reminds me of when Rodgers won the SB in 2011 just dominating teams along the way), and an improved defense.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 21:30

If Brady wins again he is unquestionably the GOAT. He probably already is. I would like to give it to Manning because he was often times a one man show (and quite frankly I just like him better) but in perhaps his most defining moment he threw a pick 6 to Tracy Porter in the SB.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If Brady wins again he is unquestionably the GOAT. He probably already is. I would like to give it to Manning because he was often times a one man show (and quite frankly I just like him better) but in perhaps his most defining moment he threw a pick 6 to Tracy Porter in the SB.

Oh I like Manning much more than Brady, but the two SBs Peyton lost were pretty brutal. That pick, and then the complete domination by Seattle (43-8 wasn't it?) leave a bad taste in one's mouth when thinking about his accomplishments.

Still can't believe that Eli Manning beat Brady in two SBs.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 21:38

Eli is so dumb he's clutch. That's how it works. The more uptight people like big bro just wind up overthinking shit.

I don't really count the Seattle SB or the Carolina SB in terms of 18's legacy. He was like a cyborg version of himself with a robotic HS arm at that point.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-22, 21:40

I think he played okay in SB50, considering the shit he went through. I think you mean the New Orleans SB, unless you consider his mediocre year overall with the win last season.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-22, 21:44

These playoff games have sucked. Learned my lesson.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-22, 23:51

I'll take the Pats. Don't believe in this ATL squad. Seattle isn't the same Seattle, and I could throw touchdowns to Julio Jones against the Packers secondary as it stands right now. Maybe the Falcons are legit, I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all, but I'm still not convinced that they're 100% for real.

Julio is basically 90-95% of peak Megatron at this point, though.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down