Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when these numbers move

+23
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Cameron
CheesySpartan
AnomanderRake
Floyd Robertson
27 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 Empty Re: Bump when these numbers move

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-04, 10:33

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm happy that corporate America got billions in gigantic corporate tax cuts to buy back their own stock while Johnny $15hr is breaking even with a 3% wage growth to match a 3% inflation rate.

Breaking even. The new American ceiling.

I love the continuing fantasy that "corporate America" is somehow Republican.

The fucking billionaires getting the breaks are almost ALL dems.

By "almost ALL"...what % of fucking billionaires are dems? Do you have a link?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-04, 10:34

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I love the continuing fantasy that "corporate America" is somehow Republican.

The fucking billionaires getting the breaks are almost ALL dems.

Goose always has a link..  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-04, 10:38

The more Goose posts the more I begin to think England got it right when they shipped off all of their undesirables to Australia. Guam would work nicely, and we could watch their society break down on a weekly tv show as more dummies got shipped out. Kind of like Survivor, but real.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-04, 10:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Goose always has a link..  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600

I don't doubt that some billionaires might say they're Democrats (or vote Democratic), but ALL?

Billionaires that get involved in politics do so to support their bottom line. They'll push their agenda on whichever party is in power. The idea that ALL billionaires are Dems is fake news (obviously).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-04, 11:10

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Goose always has a link..   Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600

I don't doubt that some billionaires might say they're Democrats (or vote Democratic), but ALL?

Billionaires that get involved in politics do so to support their bottom line.  They'll push their agenda on whichever party is in power.  The idea that ALL billionaires are Dems is fake news (obviously).  
I've voted for Republicans.. but not the "let's kill brown children" jesus-y, pussy grabbin' ilk..

but as long as they promote the "let's kill brown children" jesus-y, pussy grabbin' ilk.. I will never again vote for a Republican..

and I'm not a billionaire.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-04, 13:09

LooseGoose wrote:The fucking billionaires getting the breaks are almost ALL dems.

That's weird, because it was Republicans who pushed the tax breaks through. Why would they help major Democrat donors like that?

Doesn't pass the smell test, Goose.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-04, 14:29

kingstonlake wrote:I'm happy that corporate America got billions in gigantic corporate tax cuts to buy back their own stock while Johnny $15hr is breaking even with a 3% wage growth to match a 3% inflation rate.

Oh BTW - bullshit.

That wasn’t the end of the good news, either. Wages went up 3.2% in December, the third month in a row that annualized wage gains exceeded 3%. That outpaces any inflation that might be taking place and represents the first real gain for workers in the past decade of “recovery” from the Great Recession.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-04, 14:34

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh BTW - bullshit.

That wasn’t the end of the good news, either. Wages went up 3.2% in December, the third month in a row that annualized wage gains exceeded 3%. That outpaces any inflation that might be taking place and represents the first real gain for workers in the past decade of “recovery” from the Great Recession.

Yeah dude, you're in no position to call bullshit on anything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-04, 14:38

Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-04, 14:47

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh BTW - bullshit.

Your really wanna die on the .2% hill? Ok goose. The average rate of inflation is 3%. Wage gains were 3.2%. You win. Americans are winning at an astounding .2%. I officially stand corrected and the ceiling isnt breaking even. It's aspiring to finish .2% above the average annual inflation rate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-04, 14:52

Sometimes Goose's trolling doesn't pass the moron test. This is one of those times.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-04, 15:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sometimes Goose's trolling doesn't pass the moron test. This is one of those times.
I can't imagine someone reading one of his posts..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-07, 10:28

The media stories over the weekend about how cheap gas is bad for us are hilarious. Even good news for most Americans must be twisted into the apocalypse.

And I'll bet exactly none of you knew this:
Europe’s three most powerful leaders—Angela Merkel of Germany, Emmanuel Macron of France, and Theresa May of the United Kingdom—have worse approval ratings than the embattled Donald Trump.

That's what existing in liberal bubble does to you.

Oh and since this is a numbers thread:

In December, the United States reached a staggering level of oil production, pumping some 11.6 million barrels per day. For the first time since 1973, America is now the world’s largest oil producer

Since Trump took office, the United States has increased its oil production by nearly 3 million barrels per day, largely as the result of fewer regulations, more federal leasing, and the continuing brilliance of American frackers and horizontal drillers.

And the suffering deplorables....that voted against their own interests:
In 2018, unemployment fell to a near-record peacetime low of 3.7 percent. That’s the lowest U.S. unemployment rate since 1969. Black unemployment hit an all-time low in 2018. For the first time in memory, employers are seeking out entry-level workers rather than vice versa.

The poverty rate is also near a historic low, and household income increased. There are about 8 million fewer Americans living below the poverty line than there were eight years ago. Since January 2017, more than 3 million Americans have gone off so-called food stamps.

Actually, 2018 Was a Pretty Good Year
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 10:32

LooseGoose wrote:The media stories over the weekend about how cheap gas is bad for us are hilarious.   Even good news for most Americans must be twisted into the apocalypse.

Europe’s three most powerful leaders—Angela Merkel of Germany, Emmanuel Macron of France, and Theresa May of the United Kingdom—have worse approval ratings than the embattled Donald Trump.

In December, the United States reached a staggering level of oil production, pumping some 11.6 million barrels per day. For the first time since 1973, America is now the world’s largest oil producer

Since Trump took office, the United States has increased its oil production by nearly 3 million barrels per day, largely as the result of fewer regulations, more federal leasing, and the continuing brilliance of American frackers and horizontal drillers.

In 2018, unemployment fell to a near-record peacetime low of 3.7 percent. That’s the lowest U.S. unemployment rate since 1969. Black unemployment hit an all-time low in 2018. For the first time in memory, employers are seeking out entry-level workers rather than vice versa.

The poverty rate is also near a historic low, and household income increased. There are about 8 million fewer Americans living below the poverty line than there were eight years ago. Since January 2017, more than 3 million Americans have gone off so-called food stamps.

thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-07, 10:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The media stories over the weekend about how cheap gas is bad for us are hilarious.   Even good news for most Americans must be twisted into the apocalypse.

Bob, I dunno. It’s something call “americangreatness.com” I mean what the fuck.

Anyway I’m pretty sure everyone here was fully aware of Macron and Merkel. Or at least I was. Maybe I shouldn’t speak for everyone. Meanwhile goose is still linking to Rasmussen polls sooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-07, 11:00

Does goose bother to fact check the drivel that he reads on these propaganda brain washing trash sites? Quick googling tells me Merkel's approval rating appears to be around 54% at the end of 2018. 538 has Orange Fuck at 39%. Other places were low 40s and mid 30s.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-07, 11:27

There isn't a person on this planet regardless of party who would say that ANYONE who lied as often as Trump does would still support them. I mean he sat right in front of America and told you it was his shutdown. Mine. I'm proud of it. I own it. I won't blame you. Then a week later it's the Shumer shutdown. How does anyone think he's credible. I really thought R's learned a lesson with Bish and Iraq and WMD's. Obviously not. I've made excuses for people. I've held out hope and possible reasons they could still be supporting him. There's very little left. He's seriously thinks he can side step the legislative process. Feels it's his right. Openly admires dictators and murderers. I just wish people would see that he is drowning the GOP at a faster rate than expected. Some things you can't walk back. I really hope people like goose understand this. Because a one sided super majority isn't good for anyone. Dem or Rep.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 12:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, I dunno. It’s something call “americangreatness.com” I mean what the fuck.

sounds totally legit..  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600

I just love how folks like Goose whine about the mainstream media.. while constantly posting mainstream media sources telling us how great the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-07, 12:53

Report on NPR this morning said that Tariff's are working. According to the report (not cited) Chinese economists have concluded that growth is slowing more than anticipated since the tariffs were put in place which puts the U.S. in a good negotiating position. The Chinese may have a fundamental negotiating weakness based on their culture where, when someone is completely irrational in their tactics, The Chinese seem to always be ready to blink first. It worked with Nixon, maybe this is one case where Trumps "strategy" (sorry, I have to put it in quotes because, come on... the guy has no cogent thoughts in his head) may work. We'll see.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 12:58

Rocinante wrote:Report on NPR this morning said that Tariff's are working.  According to the report (not cited) Chinese economists have concluded that growth is slowing more than anticipated since the tariffs were put in place which puts the U.S. in a good negotiating position.  The Chinese may have a fundamental negotiating weakness based on their culture where, when someone is completely irrational in their tactics, The Chinese seem to always be ready to blink first.  It worked with Nixon, maybe this is one case where Trumps "strategy" (sorry, I have to put it in quotes because, come on... the guy has no cogent thoughts in his head) may work.  We'll see.
man, I stopped reading right there.. I have no idea how people listen to that stuff but I admire your ability to do so... we all have our thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-07, 13:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Report on NPR this morning said that Tariff's are working.  According to the report (not cited) Chinese economists have concluded that growth is slowing more than anticipated since the tariffs were put in place which puts the U.S. in a good negotiating position.  The Chinese may have a fundamental negotiating weakness based on their culture where, when someone is completely irrational in their tactics, The Chinese seem to always be ready to blink first.  It worked with Nixon, maybe this is one case where Trumps "strategy" (sorry, I have to put it in quotes because, come on... the guy has no cogent thoughts in his head) may work.  We'll see.
man, I stopped reading right there.. I have no idea how people listen to that stuff but I admire your ability to do so... we all have our thing.

Good for you Bob. That makes you exactly like all the echo chamber turds you lambast.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 13:53

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good for you Bob. That makes you exactly like all the echo chamber turds you lambast.
I'd rather listen to tunes than a bunch of pointy-headed (supposed) intellects telling me what to think...

that's just me, though.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-07, 14:31

Rocinante wrote:Report on NPR this morning said that Tariff's are working. According to the report (not cited) Chinese economists have concluded that growth is slowing more than anticipated since the tariffs were put in place which puts the U.S. in a good negotiating position. The Chinese may have a fundamental negotiating weakness based on their culture where, when someone is completely irrational in their tactics, The Chinese seem to always be ready to blink first. It worked with Nixon, maybe this is one case where Trumps "strategy" (sorry, I have to put it in quotes because, come on... the guy has no cogent thoughts in his head) may work. We'll see.

Whats new? This shit has been going on between anglo peeps and the chinese for hundreds of years. China seems to be always cheating and up to tomfoolery in the business arena, but they've had their heart cut out by imperialistic bastards for centuries.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Unequal-Treaty
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-07, 15:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'd rather listen to tunes than a bunch of pointy-headed (supposed) intellects telling me what to think...

that's just me, though.

I have to assume that you’re not as arrogant in person as you seem online as wags says you’re a great guy to have a beer with.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 15:36

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

that's just me, though.

I have to assume that you’re not as arrogant in person as you seem online as wags says you’re a great guy to have a beer with.  
DWags is a great American.

(we don't have to like the same stuff, dude)....  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-07, 15:57

You miss the point. Probably intentionally. That's fine.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-07, 16:13

Rocinante wrote:You miss the point. Probably intentionally. That's fine.
 Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-01, 12:45

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator added 17.2 million jobs in January..

the bad news..

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate ticked up again, moving from 3.9 percent to 4 percent, in part because of the partial government shutdown, the report states. About 175,000 unemployed workers said they were temporarily laid off.

In January, private sector workers got an average 3-cent hourly raise, adding up to an average hourly pay of $27.56. In the past 12 months, average hourly earnings have only increased 85 cents, or 3.2 percent, and that doesn’t even take inflation into account.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-01, 16:53

So of the 100th month in a row the economy had added jobs, yam face has 24 of them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-04, 09:37

kingstonlake wrote:So of the 100th month in a row the economy had added jobs, yam face has 24 of them.
and never mind the fact that we enjoyed significantly higher rate of growth during the colored boy's two terms..

ya know.. because he's colored.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-04, 09:38

GM begins job cuts this week.. No

General Motors confirmed that it is beginning elimination Monday of some 4,000 salaried jobs. A spokesman said the process will be concluded over the next two weeks.

bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-04, 19:48

Dow dropped 206 points today.

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 15:56

GM plant in Lordstown, OH closes.. takes 1,700 employees with it.

The last car rolls off the assembly line at the GM plant in Ohio. And with it 1,700 jobs.

No

bump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 15:57

and the Dow is down another 200+ points today.

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-08, 09:25

The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's economy added only 20,000 jobs in February.

bump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-13, 12:52

number of associates of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator sentenced to prison today alone:

bump.

Hey, Goose!! Hope you're doing well.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 21 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-20, 21:40

This is one closing I am in total support of..

"LifeWay to close all 170 Christian stores"

Caution: Mainstream Media link - https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2019/march/lifeway-to-close-all-170-christian-stores.html

thoughts and prayers.

Bump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-21, 06:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:This is one closing I am in total support of..

Caution: Mainstream Media link - https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2019/march/lifeway-to-close-all-170-christian-stores.html

thoughts and prayers.

Bump.

A victory against the American Taliban!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-21, 08:13

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:This is one closing I am in total support of..

thoughts and prayers.

Bump.

A victory against the American Taliban!
yep - as we observe daily, religious extremists pose the biggest danger in the world to humanity.

that "the nation’s biggest Christian retail chain ends its brick-and-mortar operations" is a good thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-03-22, 09:59

Fed Chair's remarks that he doesn't see any more interest rate hikes for the rest of 2019 it's one less thing for corporations and business owners to worry about because inflation is damned near non-existant.

The tricky part is downturns always happen and with low interst rates there isn't too much to cut back to zero.

Fed interest of zero played a major part in recovering from The Great Recession and the "fiscally conservative" GOP roiled at the idea of zero fed rate and mounting deficits. We are experiencing major deficits already and the Fed rate cuts will be minimal. Tough fixes are ahead.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next