Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..

3 posters

Go down

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  Empty Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-31, 12:37

not that the deplorables care..

or even know what "plagiarize" means.. if you need help, let me know.

Mainstream Media Link - Read With Caution
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  Empty Re: Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-31, 15:46

Joe Biden plagiarized so it's okay.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  Empty Re: Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..

Post by Guest 2017-01-31, 16:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Joe Biden plagiarized so it's okay.

Glad to see you coming around. Of course the "plagiarism" is a short quote, if that's the new standard I don't know if anyone can talk with plagiarizing. Might be a good thing if it makes them all shut up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-01, 13:33

Patty Murray plagiarized the question she asked DeVos - will she resign?

Sean Davis ‏@seanmdav  30m30 minutes ago
Patty Murray plagiarized questions she asked of Betsy DeVos during her confirmation hearing.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/devos-questionnaire-appears-to-include-passages-from-uncited-sources/2017/01/31/50577dec-e7be-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?utm_term=.80b6ef8123dc …

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  C3mSohIXUAAeowU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-01, 13:37

LooseGoose wrote:Patty Murray plagiarized the question she asked DeVos - will she resign?

Sean Davis ‏@seanmdav  30m30 minutes ago
Patty Murray plagiarized questions she asked of Betsy DeVos during her confirmation hearing.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/devos-questionnaire-appears-to-include-passages-from-uncited-sources/2017/01/31/50577dec-e7be-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?utm_term=.80b6ef8123dc …

Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  C3mSohIXUAAeowU
#FakeNews
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-01, 13:48

Ehh I think this is somewhat sensationalized. A couple of quotes are worded the same, and no doubt pulled from elsewhere, but Betsy DeVos was given something like 1000 questions to answer. She did not write all of the responses, her staff did.

I think this situation says a lot more about our vetting process than it does Betsy DeVos (whom for the record I think is an awful pick for Secretary of Education).

If we really wanted to vet people for positions, wouldn't it make sense to seriously condense the questions they're asked, keep them strategic in nature because the Secretary doesn't make tactical decisions anyway, and then force them to answer the questions themselves rather than by proxy through their staff behind closed doors?

I mean call me crazy but in the civilian world this is kind of like being brought in for a job interview, handed all the questions HR wants to ask, then being told to go home and come back with all of your answers. Your answers will end up fake, and tailored to what the interviewers want to hear, and not your own thoughts that you come up with on the spot.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-01, 14:16

AnomanderRake wrote:Ehh I think this is somewhat sensationalized. A couple of quotes are worded the same, and no doubt pulled from elsewhere, but Betsy DeVos was given something like 1000 questions to answer. She did not write all of the responses, her staff did.

I think this situation says a lot more about our vetting process than it does Betsy DeVos (whom for the record I think is an awful pick for Secretary of Education).

If we really wanted to vet people for positions, wouldn't it make sense to seriously condense the questions they're asked, keep them strategic in nature because the Secretary doesn't make tactical decisions anyway, and then force them to answer the questions themselves rather than by proxy through their staff behind closed doors?

I mean call me crazy but in the civilian world this is kind of like being brought in for a job interview, handed all the questions HR wants to ask, then being told to go home and come back with all of your answers. Your answers will end up fake, and tailored to what the interviewers want to hear, and not your own thoughts that you come up with on the spot.
it's just fun to point out that she's not qualified to make sandwiches at Subway.. much less be the Sec. of Education.

but the best part is... that makes her perfectly qualified in the administration of an admitted sexual predator. Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  502811600 Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-01, 14:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Ehh I think this is somewhat sensationalized. A couple of quotes are worded the same, and no doubt pulled from elsewhere, but Betsy DeVos was given something like 1000 questions to answer. She did not write all of the responses, her staff did.

it's just fun to point out that she's not qualified to make sandwiches at Subway.. much less be the Sec. of Education.

but the best part is... that makes her perfectly qualified in the administration of an admitted sexual predator.  Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  502811600   Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  3493939353

I hear ya Bob and I agree she's completely unqualified for the job, it's hard to imagine a worse pick.

I just know that given how broken our entire system of government is, we need to start analyzing the root cause of issues and address them.

I think the root cause here is that it's even POSSIBLE within our government to nominate and approve someone for a position in which they're objectively unqualified for/grossly incompetent/obviously conflicted in interest. Should they not be given more than a glorified take home test that's rubber stamped by congress?

Just like I think it's insane that we have a President that could not pass an IQ test to prove he's anything more than a twitter-happy buffoon. We should probably require some basic mental health and intelligence testing before we hand over the keys to the White House. Better yet move that up stream and require it before the primaries to save us all some time and headaches.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-01, 14:48

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

but the best part is... that makes her perfectly qualified in the administration of an admitted sexual predator.  Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  502811600   Per Mainstream Media, Betsy DeVos Appears to Have Plagiarized..  3493939353

I hear ya Bob and I agree she's completely unqualified for the job, it's hard to imagine a worse pick.

I just know that given how broken our entire system of government is, we need to start analyzing the root cause of issues and address them.

I think the root cause here is that it's even POSSIBLE within our government to nominate and approve someone for a position in which they're objectively unqualified for/grossly incompetent/obviously conflicted in interest. Should they not be given more than a glorified take home test that's rubber stamped by congress?

Just like I think it's insane that we have a President that could not pass an IQ test to prove he's anything more than a twitter-happy buffoon. We should probably require some basic mental health and intelligence testing before we hand over the keys to the White House. Better yet move that up stream and require it before the primaries to save us all some time and headaches.
I'm totally down with what you're saying. And I agree.

but when you have an administration with such glaring professional and moral deficiencies as the current one, you can really only hope for so much.

which is why I choose to mock them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-01, 14:48

I'll be dead before I come around to Goose's ideal of one party authoritairian government.

That's why I don't think we should fund private charter schools, limit women's rights or wait until we don't have a Democrat in the White House and be willing to have a Supreme Court with less than 9 members regardless of the wait until people who agree with the "conservative" orthodoxy can be nominated and confirmed.

I will never "come around" to anything and I will never have a political kumbaya moment with people who will accept and defend a souless President like Trump because that President  will end abortion.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-01, 14:51

GRR Spartan wrote:I'll be dead before I come around to Goose's ideal of one party authoritairian government.

LOL - perhaps you should tell your party to quit shooting themselves in the foot?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-01, 14:57

GRR Spartan wrote:I'll be dead before I come around to Goose's ideal of one party authoritairian government.

That's why I don't think we should fund private charter schools, limit women's rights or wait until we don't have a Democrat in the White House and be willing to have a Supreme Court with less than 9 members regardless of the wait until people who agree with the "conservative" orthodoxy can be nominated and confirmed.

I will never "come around" to anything and I will never have a political kumbaya moment with people who will accept and defend a souless President like Trump because that President  will end abortion.
the thing that makes me chuckle about the hysterical pro-life types who vote for a sexual predator is.. imagine how many abortions Cheeto Hitler has forced his victims to have over the years...

probably another reason why the sexual predator won't release his tax returns.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down