Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..

+2
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  Empty In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-08, 09:20

I suppose when your boss is an admitted sexual predator and you're beholden to those sorts of vile christian men your entire life, this is what you become..

Caution: Mainstream Media Link Below:

Reviewing Obama-Era Guidelines on Sexual Assault
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  Empty Re: In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-08, 09:48

It's funny. A woman who isn't qualified to run the department of education says educators aren't qualified to determine if a schools sexual assault guidelines have been broken.

Not if only she had an email account we can really vilify her......... God let there be an email account In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  1550444538
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  Empty Re: In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-08, 09:57

kingstonlake wrote:It's funny. A woman who isn't qualified to run the department of education says educators aren't qualified to determine if a schools sexual assault guidelines have been broken.

Not if only she had an email account we can really vilify her......... God let there be an email account In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  1550444538
you're a great American..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-29, 09:03

I had missed this story.  I was surprised it didn't get any action here but perhaps the silence speaks volumes.

I am willing to admit it - Goose was completely right about this.  This Obama policy has been a complete disaster.  Regardless of what I otherwise think of Trump and Devos, the denial of due process is not a cause I am going to cheer on my political team to embrace.

It is telling that freedom of speech advocacy group Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, or FIRE, applauded the move and said that DeVos' announcement "acknowledged that the department's approach to enforcing Title IX, the law against sex discrimination in federally funded education programs, is fundamentally broken."
"Addressing widespread concerns about the fairness of current college sexual misconduct codes, the secretary noted that respect for due process is 'the foundation of any system of justice that seeks a fair outcome,' and that codes must ensure 'fair procedures that inspire trust and confidence,'" the group said in a statement. "With regard to the unilateral and opaque way that current federal mandates in this area were imposed, she further assured listeners that 'the era of "rule by letter" is over.'"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-11-29, 09:31

The Obama policy was a disaster unless you were a victim and your attacker got to go one like nothing happened.

Betsy hired private security to look after her daughters in college.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-29, 09:44

yeah - so someone who works for a sexual predator has no problem with sexual assault as long as she/he can live in gated community and insulate themselves from the world.

yawn.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-29, 09:57

GRR Spartan wrote:The Obama policy was a disaster unless you were a victim and your attacker got to go one like nothing happened.

Betsy hired private security to look after her daughters in college.

Do you think the standard of proof and rights of the accused should be lowered even more?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-29, 10:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - so someone who works for a sexual predator has no problem with sexual assault as long as she/he can live in gated community and insulate themselves from the world.

yawn.

Yawn, predictable uninformed response.   Her speech was very far from saying "she has no problem with sexual assault".
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-29, 10:51

There are articles all over the Internet if you want to actually educate yourself on the topic.  I had read this long 3 part series in The Atlantic which stoked my interest.

WARNING - link to non-extreme political fan boy media source.  Independent thought might be required.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/09/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-campus-rape-policy/538974/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-11-29, 15:18

Take too many asshole pills today Herbie?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-11-29, 15:44

In a Shock to Nobody, Betsy DeVos Is About to Stick it to Victims of Sexual Assault..  Herb10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-29, 17:27

Roc what is your point?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-11-30, 02:05

Herbie's not wrong, the current processes for managing sexual assault allegations in education are kinda fucked. Pretty sure we can find a middle ground between ignoring allegations and ignoring due process.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-30, 08:44

Roc, I think I finally figured out the reason you have a bug up your ass is because you don't understand how quotation marks work unless it appears in one of those boxes?
I admit I am not the most technically proficient poster and it doesn't help that I am usually on my phone and not posting on my company's computer.  But personally I find multi-quote posts to be so annoying that I don't read them so don't expect me to start making them.
When you read my posts you can expect to read genuine thoughts and value added content.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down