Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member South Park?

4 posters

Go down

Member South Park? Empty Member South Park?

Post by Cameron Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 3:42

I member!

I just signed up for a free trial of Hulu plus, and I've been catching up on season 20 of South Park. Fucking brilliant, as always, but the member berries got me membering old school South Park.

Member trapper keeper Rosie O'Donnell? Member starvin Marvin? Member that shitty N64 South Park video game that I loved just because it was South Park?

It does my head in a bit to think about how different South Park is now compared to the early days, but somehow it still feels the same, too. I guess it's the transgressive spirit underlying the whole thing that has remained the same throughout. I member being in about 5th or 6th grade when the movie came out and my friend's clueless mom buying him and me tickets to see it. The irony of being that age and seeing a movie about schoolkids seeing an inappropriate movie was lost on me at the time. I also member using my precious internet time (back in the days of dial up when I had to take turns using the family computer with my sister) to download midi files of South Park clips/quotes (the Mr. Hankey song was a favorite). That sentence will be utterly incomprehensible in a generation.

Anyway, this thread is about membering great South Park shit. I'll start:

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Member South Park? Empty Re: Member South Park?

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 4:52

Never seen an episode. My kids loved it though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 5:56

LooseGoose wrote:Never seen an episode.  My kids loved it though.

Part of me thinks you'd hate it, part of me thinks you'd love it. You should check out the movie (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut) sometime, I consider it a masterpiece. Being under the influence of (multiple) something(s) would be preferable. If you don't like the movie, you wouldn't like the show. And I think you'll know if you like the movie fairly quickly, so you could call it quits after 15-20 minutes if you're not into it. It's on Hulu, or you can watch it here:
https://123movies.ru/film/south-park-bigger-longer-and-uncut-8266/watching.html

In lieu of a trailer:
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 7:43

LooseGoose wrote:Never seen an episode. My kids loved it though.

I think we're about the same age. Never watched it until this year when I was flipping channels and stopped on it because it was about the election. Hilarious.

My wife would have never allowed my kids when they were growing up to watch it. Knowing now what it is, I would have let them watch it after they got to about Jr High age. IMO, you're not going to 'protect' kids much after that because they'll hear about it from school. I would have let them watch it, but it wasn't going to be anything I would want to argue with the wife with.

Now I watch it whenever I see it on Comedy Channel.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 10:08

One of the greatest shows of all time.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 10:12

They're getting to be like the Simpsons in that they have done everything. Meaning, they've been on a really long fucking time. I still watch. It's usually pretty funny.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down