Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's

+8
Travis of the Cosmos
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
MattyFresh
12 posters

Go down

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's Empty Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-27, 21:11

I  feel like this will slow things down a lot... not a fan

DUBLIN, Ohio — Fast food giant Wendy’s plans to install self-ordering kiosks in about one out of six of the burger chain’s franchises nationwide by the end of this year.
A typical location would get three kiosks for about $15,000, The Columbus Dispatch reported. David Trimm, Wendy’s chief information officer, estimates that payback on those machines would come in less than two years thanks to labor savings and increased sales.
The kiosks have two purposes according to Trimm: appeasing younger customers by given them an ordering experience they prefer and reducing labor costs.
Kiosks also have the potential to circumvent the long lines of peak dining hours while increasing kitchen output at the same time.
In all, about 1,000 locations will have the kiosks.
“They are looking to improve their automation and their labor costs, and this is a good way to do it,” said Darren Tristano, vice president with Technomic — a food-service research and consulting firm. “They are also trying to enhance the customer experience. Younger customers prefer to use a kiosk.”
Kiosks are also valued by the company for its ability to provide data about customers.
Wendy’s spokeswoman Heidi Schauer said higher-volume stores will get priority for the kiosks because demand for the technology is so high.
“This move puts them at the forefront of the kiosk and tech movement,” Tristano said.
Kiosks already have been installed at several central Ohio locations where the company first tested the technology. The company is based in central Ohio.
Customers will still be able to order at the counter for now, although Tristano predicts that mobile ordering and payment via smartphones will one day overtake self-ordering kiosks and cash registers.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2017/02/27/ordering-kiosks-coming-1000-wendys/98496644/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's Empty Re: Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's

Post by DWags 2017-02-27, 21:23

MattyFresh wrote:I  feel like this will slow things down a lot... not a fan

DUBLIN, Ohio — Fast food giant Wendy’s plans to install self-ordering kiosks in about one out of six of the burger chain’s franchises nationwide by the end of this year.
A typical location would get three kiosks for about $15,000, The Columbus Dispatch reported. David Trimm, Wendy’s chief information officer, estimates that payback on those machines would come in less than two years thanks to labor savings and increased sales.
The kiosks have two purposes according to Trimm: appeasing younger customers by given them an ordering experience they prefer and reducing labor costs.
Kiosks also have the potential to circumvent the long lines of peak dining hours while increasing kitchen output at the same time.
“They are looking to improve their automation and their labor costs, and this is a good way to do it,” said Darren Tristano, vice president with Technomic — a food-service research and consulting firm. “They are also trying to enhance the customer experience. Younger customers prefer to use a kiosk.”
Kiosks are also valued by the company for its ability to provide data about customers.
Wendy’s spokeswoman Heidi Schauer said higher-volume stores will get priority for the kiosks because demand for the technology is so high.
“This move puts them at the forefront of the kiosk and tech movement,” Tristano said.
Kiosks already have been installed at several central Ohio locations where the company first tested the technology. The company is based in central Ohio.
Customers will still be able to order at the counter for now, although Tristano predicts that mobile ordering and payment via smartphones will one day overtake self-ordering kiosks and cash registers.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2017/02/27/ordering-kiosks-coming-1000-wendys/98496644/

And this is a microcosm of why jobs won't come back to the U.S. Wake up. From digging coal to making cars. Machines are your man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's Empty Re: Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's

Post by Guest 2017-02-27, 21:57

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:I  feel like this will slow things down a lot... not a fan

And this is a microcosm of why jobs won't come back to the U.S. Wake up. From digging coal to making cars. Machines are your man.

All a product of the rising minimum wages. Replace the snotty brats with machines.

Gotta have the corporate profits to fund the boomer's pensions. Yeehaw!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-27, 22:01

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

All a product of the rising minimum wages. Replace the snotty brats with machines.

Gotta have the corporate profits to fund the boomer's pensions. Yeehaw!!!

You're going to blame this on those who aren't working? Because they're only ASKING for a higher wage? These machines would be here if minimum wage was 3.25. You e list your mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-27, 22:05

hey guys i just want the meals to be a buck cheaper atleast
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-27, 22:08

MattyFresh wrote:hey guys i just want the meals to be a buck cheaper atleast

I want you to buy hamburger and grill your own. With the exception of Dagwoods you can't get a better burger
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-27, 22:11

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:hey guys i just want the meals to be a buck cheaper atleast

I want you to buy hamburger and grill your own. With the exception of Dagwoods you can't get a better burger

I haven't had fast food in a long time actually, I buy my cows by 1/2's once a year usually and grill shit. For the times I do go to the store I hate self checkout and this feels self checkout ish.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-27, 22:15

MattyFresh wrote:
DWags wrote:

I haven't had fast food in a long time actually, I buy my cows by 1/2's once a year usually and grill shit. For the times I do go to the store I hate self checkout and this feels self checkout ish.

I was on line in Lowes once and was gonna go to a self checkout and a guy in a UAW jacket said, "hey those cost humans jobs. Out of respect to working people I haven't used one again I believe. Maybe at a day before a holiday but I go to the human.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-27, 22:16

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I was on line in Lowes once and was gonna go to a self checkout and a guy in a UAW jacket said, "hey those cost humans jobs. Out of respect to working people I haven't used one again I believe. Maybe at a day before a holiday but I go to the human.
Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's FPhOFbN
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-27, 22:17

Technology is the result of minimum wage going up? Learn something new everyday.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-02-27, 22:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Technology is the result of minimum wage going up? Learn something new everyday.
Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's 1494614055
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-27, 22:24

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

There was a line when I rented a car this weekend. Went to use the kiosk and a lady yelled at me that they were broken. I was like...ummm...doesn't look like it...but, she said the line would move fast. It did, so whatever. When I got to her counter, she said she'd been working there 23 years and didn't want to get replaced by a machine. So, I was OK with it. Then she gave me a Go Blue as I left. Next time, I'll use the kiosk.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-28, 01:54

I don't use kiosks if there's a line with a human.

I refuse to use Meijer self check out. A manager came ocer and politely said a self check was open. I asked him if I would get a 5% discount for providing his store with my labor. He smiled and said, "I get your point." But he knows if they can pull it off they will have 90% of their lanes self checked.

Wendy's will go to machines because they don't steal food or cash and they don't call in sick. The whine about raising minimum wage is standard GOP bs. Minimum wage hasn't moved much in the last 5 years and its tough to get out of Wendy's with less than a $6-$7 lunch if you aren't ordering from the value menu.

Truth is they would have introduced kiosks when minimum wage was less than $5 /hr but the low cost technology for the kiosks wasn't there yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-28, 07:32

GRR Spartan wrote:I don't use kiosks if there's a line with a human.

I refuse to use Meijer self check out. A manager came ocer and politely said a self check was open. I asked him if I would get a 5% discount for providing his store with my labor. He smiled and said, "I get your point." But he knows if they can pull it off they will have 90% of their lanes self checked.

Wendy's will go to machines because they don't steal food or cash and they don't call in sick. The whine about raising minimum wage is standard GOP bs. Minimum wage hasn't moved much in the last 5 years and its tough to get out of Wendy's with less than a $6-$7 lunch if you aren't ordering from the value menu.

Truth is they would have introduced kiosks when minimum wage was less than $5 /hr but the low cost technology for the kiosks wasn't there yet.

Seems like an app would be better (and cheaper?).

Sit down. Log into Wendy's wifi (or not). Open up Wendy's app. Order food. Pay on your phone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-28, 09:09

They have a couple of these set up at a Fudruckers in Terminal C at DTW. Seems to work ok.

I didn't even know Fudruckers were still around. I tried it for the nostalgia. Not so great.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-28, 09:45

I love it! Keep demanding $15 for high school dropouts! LOL There is no downside to this move. Robots never get tired, rarely break down, and don't spit in your food.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-28, 09:49

TheReal_LWS wrote:I love it! Keep demanding $15 for high school dropouts! LOL There is no downside to this move. Robots never get tired, rarely break down, and don't spit in your food.

Hey meme/bumper sticker boy.

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's Mcdonalds-kiosk

Ordering kiosk's coming to 1,000 Wendy's 15_an_hour_bumper_bumper_sticker
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-28, 10:04

How is trump going to bring errr jobbbss back if we can just replace the poor with robots?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-28, 10:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:I love it! Keep demanding $15 for high school dropouts! LOL There is no downside to this move. Robots never get tired, rarely break down, and don't spit in your food.

Good one. But that's not a bumper sticker you fag.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-28, 10:15

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-28, 10:29

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Hi TheReal_LWS. Please refrain from using anti-gay slurs in your comments. You can and will be banned for any continued use of that word.

Have a blessed day.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-28, 10:32

Here's what the idiots won't ever get. If the minimum wage was 5.50 an hour, this machine would have been invented and used. Unless you own the business you are working for you will always be the proletariat. You will always be told what to do and when to do and for how much. Jobs, if it's possible, will be replaced by machines. Bring the jobs back to America? The machine will always be your man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-28, 10:47

DWags wrote:

Here's what the idiots won't ever get. If the minimum wage was 5.50 an hour, this machine would have been invented and used. Unless you own the business you are working for you will always be the proletariat. You will always be told what to do and when to do and for how much. Jobs, if it's possible, will be replaced by machines. Bring the jobs back to America? The machine will always be your man.

Also, it was never actually $15, nor is it a realistic possibility going forward. And yet, the machines still happened. It's like this.

"We want unicorns to cook the fries."
"If you have unicorns cook the fries, they'll just make a machine unicorn to do the job."
Someone invents a machine unicorn
"See, if it weren't for those fucking unicorns this never would have happened. Just like I said."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 11:23

The one I liked best was this:

SEIU was hiring protestors for the $15 an hour minimum wage and paying them ...$11.....and refusing to allow them to unionize.

Rich Indeed.

The SEIU wants $15 per hour for everyone… except SEIU employees

The SEIU has hired workers across the country to protest outside businesses and restaurants, especially McDonald’s. Suffice to say they have no union and some don’t make $15 an hour, the union’s nationwide minimum-wage target. At a “Fight for 15” conference in Richmond, Virginia this month, the protest organizers showed up to demand to unionize themselves. According to the website In These Times, a woman from Las Vegas who works as a union organizer tried to deliver a letter asking the SEIU to confirm it employs them and will allow them to unionize. She was blocked by security.

The SEIU responded that it “supports the ability of all workers” to unionize, “including organizers in the Fight for $15.” But the union also claims it doesn’t employ the workers because the organizers are directly employed by individual organizing committees in each city that has a Fight for $15 campaign.

That’s pretty rich considering that most of the money paying the organizers comes directly from the SEIU. It’s also hilarious since the SEIU claims that it should be able to organize all McDonald’s workers everywhere across the country as a single bargaining unit. But McDonald’s operates on a franchise model with individual store owners. Now the SEIU claims its organizers are essentially franchisees.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-28, 11:42

GRR Spartan wrote:I don't use kiosks if there's a line with a human.

Valid point in principal but the reduced labor costs are already built into the price of your goods.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-28, 11:49

I went to a McDonalds with an ordering Kiosk. I skipped it, even though there was a lovely lady there to assist me and went to the counter. On the flip side though, now they gave us a number after we ordered and we went and sat at a table, and the food was brought out to us. I don't know where I'm going with this story, other than it seemed that although one place, inside the restaurant had machines, there was still a lot of people working the drive through. I also preferred talking to someone rather than putting it in a machine, but I'm not a millenial.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-28, 12:47

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Homophobic asshole.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-28, 12:56

My brother-in-law is a pattern maker at a tool & die shop. After the '08-'09 downturn he was fortunate to find a place that paid about $1.50 less per hour than what he had gotten at his former shop that closed when an Fifth Third audit after one of the partner heart attack showed years of paying personal bills like children's college tuition out of company funds.

But he had co-workers who were being offered $13-$14 an hour and even less in Indiana for the same skilled jobs they had with a decade of experience.

Goes back to there are skilled trade jobs available but the people whining because they can't fill them are the ones who want skilled workers at non-union assembly line pay levels.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-02-28, 13:32

GRR Spartan wrote:My brother-in-law is a pattern maker at a tool & die shop. After the '08-'09 downturn he was fortunate to find a place that paid about $1.50 less per hour than what he had gotten at his former shop that closed when an Fifth Third audit after one of the partner heart attack showed years of paying personal bills like children's college tuition out of company funds.

But he had co-workers who were being offered $13-$14 an hour and even less in Indiana for the same skilled jobs they had with a decade of experience.

Goes back to there are skilled trade jobs available but the people whining because they can't fill them are the ones who want skilled workers at non-union assembly line pay levels.

Hey!!

Something we actually agree on.

It's not that hard, is it?

Now if we eliminated cheap imported labor..
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down