Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Is Trumpcare Coming Along?

+11
Cameron
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
DWags
AnomanderRake
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? Empty How Is Trumpcare Coming Along?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 07:55

I don't pay attention to the mainstream media.. but so what's the latest on it?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? Empty Re: How Is Trumpcare Coming Along?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 07:55

oh, and for Goosechev..

Obama.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-13, 08:50

I think Trump said he was going to blame the Democrats if the conservative Republicans shot it down.

Not sure though. Sometimes Trump says stuff that doesn't make sense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-13, 08:51

It's the legislative equivalent of a giant turd. It will never pass in its current form.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 08:57

I bet Goosechev likes it..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 09:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I bet Goosechev likes it..

I have no idea whether I like it or not since they're still negotiating it. It is nice that they've published it so people can see what's in it before it's passed.

But rather than join you and other in jumping to conclusions I'll wait for the final form.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 09:19

LooseGoose wrote:

I have no idea whether I like it or not since they're still negotiating it. It is nice that they've published it so people can see what's in it before it's passed.

But rather than join you and other in jumping to conclusions I'll wait for the final form.

awww Goosechev missed me last week... I can just feel it in his tone.. How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? 685334576
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 09:20

that said, as a pro-life American, as long as week can keep poor people from having access to affordable healthcare, I think Trumpcare is coming along quite nicely.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 09:21

My wife and I just shared an article that followed the poorest county in Kentucky and how that some might be booted off of medicaid under this plan and the maladies of various people and how the one town nurse was overwhelmed with helping people. They followed a guy who had made good money from the coal mine, he's 54 years old now, has been laid off, burned through his savings and is on medicaid with some health issues. He voted for trump. He believes the high paying good benefit coal jobs will come back. I hope it does for him. I remain skeptical. If they do comeback, it's like what the pubs have done with charter schools. Less pay less health benefits, for new teachers at them. More profit for those in management and stock holders. We'll see. Guys like the guy they followed just want to work and have it be like it was before. He doesn't really give a damn about Obama care or Medicaid, he thinks if he can just work again, it's gonna be alright. I'm on his side, I hope he gets what he wants. I don't want trump to fail, but I certianly hope he's not lying to guys like this and now the jobs wont return as well as his health benefits getting worse.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 09:25

DWags wrote:My wife and I just shared an article that followed the poorest county in Kentucky and how that some might be booted off of medicaid under this plan and the maladies of various people and how the one town nurse was overwhelmed with helping people. They followed a guy who had made good money from the coal mine, he's 54 years old now, has been laid off, burned through his savings and is on medicaid with some health issues. He voted for trump. He believes the high paying good benefit coal jobs will come back. I hope it does for him. I remain skeptical. If they do comeback, it's like what the pubs have done with charter schools. Less pay less health benefits, for new teachers at them. More profit for those in management and stock holders. We'll see. Guys like the guy they followed just want to work and have it be like it was before. He doesn't really give a damn about Obama care or Medicaid, he thinks if he can just work again, it's gonna be alright. I'm on his side, I hope he gets what he wants. I don't want trump to fail, but I certianly hope he's not lying to guys like this and now the jobs wont return as well as his health benefits getting worse.
yep - as we've said here before, nothing like folks voting against their own best interests based on misinformation and lies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 09:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that said, as a pro-life American, as long as week can keep poor people from having access to affordable healthcare, I think Trumpcare is coming along quite nicely.

As long as we're fining those sonsabitches that don't buy it I'm all for it.

Bob? Is health insurance really health care?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 09:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that said, as a pro-life American, as long as week can keep poor people from having access to affordable healthcare, I think Trumpcare is coming along quite nicely.

As long as we're fining those sonsabitches that don't buy it I'm all for it.
this.

Bob? Is health insurance really health care?
hi, sweetie.

yes, if the person chooses to utilize his/her investment wisely.

oh.. obama.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 12:48

I'm still waiting for President Trump, Sec Price, Speaker Ryan, Majority Leader McConnell or Comrade Goose to explain why cutting $167B in taxes for the wealthiest Americans even got into the Trumpcare/GOPcare bill.

Anyone? Anyone?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-13, 12:51

LooseGoose wrote:

GOP tries to discredit agency reviewing its health care bill
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 12:57

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I have no idea whether I like it or not since they're still negotiating it.  It is nice that they've published it so people can see what's in it before it's passed.

GOP tries to discredit agency reviewing its health care bill
I imagine that no matter how expensive Trumpcare is or how many people will lose access to affordable healthcare, Republicans will support it because Obama is black.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-13, 13:00

LooseGoose wrote:

You don't need to wait for the final draft of the bill. It's a piece of shit beyond salvaging. Maybe if they started over and completely re-wrote it, without any of the original authors involved.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 14:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I imagine that no matter how expensive Trumpcare is or how many people will lose access to affordable healthcare, Republicans will support it because Obama is black.

It's sad when you libs purposefully conflate affordable but unusable health insurance with healthcare.   2 very different things and you know it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 14:56

Keep on trolling Goose.

You've already admitted you post to stir the pot.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 15:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's sad when you libs purposefully conflate affordable but unusable health insurance with healthcare.   2 very different things and you know it.
you seem upset, Goosechev..

are you upset because you can't tell me how Trumpcare is coming along?? Or that you don't like how it's coming along??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-13, 15:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I want to do away with health insurance entirely, but that's not what Republicans are proposing. Single payer is the future, Democrats almost achieved it with Obama but Lieberman was taking handouts from the insurance industry and blocked it from happening.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 16:22

Rep Foxx (R-NC) famous for her Right to Life support is now promoting changes to allow employers to penalize employees who refuse manditory genetic testing.

Is it the GOP that's for personal freedoms?
I read shit like this and keep forgetting.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-genetic-testing-20170313-story.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 17:00

GRR Spartan wrote:Rep Foxx (R-NC) famous for her Right to Life support is now promoting changes to allow employers to penalize employees who refuse manditory genetic testing.

Tell me when the law passes.

Taking every stupid proposal by the politicos from both parties will wreck your day.

Learn to ignore the stupid ones, your life will improve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 17:14

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Rep Foxx (R-NC) famous for her Right to Life support is now promoting changes to allow employers to penalize employees who refuse manditory genetic testing.

Taking every stupid proposal by the politicos from both parties will wreck your day.

Sounds like the numbers ain't gonna add up for this new plan. Oh well, they're probably phony numbers. I'm sure we'll get alternative numbers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 18:14

Looks like Comrade Goosechev can't come to grips with the fact his beloved GOP will make this a personal choice issue.

Dance Goose Dance

You want to support right to life but want to parse genetic testing.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 19:39

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sounds like the numbers ain't gonna add up for this new plan. Oh well, they're probably phony numbers. I'm sure we'll get alternative numbers.

Just like the CBO numbers on everything end up being wildly wrong. But for some reason people still talk about them. The Insanity of DC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 19:40

^^^ and if you want to argue that tell me about running $10 TRILLION in deficits over the last 8 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 19:40

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Just like the CBO numbers on everything end up being wildly wrong. But for some reason people still talk about them. The Insanity of DC.

How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? 502811600 yeah that's it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-13, 20:40

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? 502811600 yeah that's it.

How about this Wags?

Phil Kerpen‏Verified account @kerpen 1h1 hour ago
And the baseline CBO used today still assumes 15M in exchanges this year and 18M next year. Impossible.

The reality is that there are 9 million ON the exchanges.....Garbage in, Garbage out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-13, 20:54

LooseGoose wrote:^^^ and if you want to argue that tell me about running $10 TRILLION in deficits over the last 8 years.

How do you define wildly wrong? Their forecast error wasn't far off at all relative to other forecasters and 20-30% variation isn't outside the realm of reason. Why are you blaming the CBO's research and forecasting team for congress' spending problem? The analysts doing this forecast the effects of legislation and that's it.

It's congress' and the Obama Administration's fault they blew up the debt because they didn't implement all of the provisions to pay for the ACA, which were included in the CBO forecast and contributed to its error rate.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/dec/cbo-crystal-ball-forecast-aca

IMPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE POLICY REFORM

There have been very few efforts to gauge the accuracy of models that project the effects of health reforms.14 In an earlier review, the CBO’s estimates were usually found to fall within 30 percent above or below actual experience, as they did here.15 In the case of the ACA, about half of the CBO’s prediction error was because of its forecast of what conditions in 2014 would be before taking into account the effects of the ACA. The CBO had projected that health care prices would be much higher and that incomes would be lower than what turned out to be the case. After adjusting for these differences in baseline assumptions, the CBO estimate came within 18 percent of actual experience.

Simulations of the effects of health insurance reforms have received considerable attention over the past two decades, leading to substantial improvements in modeling. The CBO, and several private forecasters, were fairly accurate in their predictions of the likely coverage and cost implications of the ACA. A few forecasters—notably the CMS—assumed much higher rates of responsiveness to subsidies and coverage expansions, and these models generated the least accurate predictions. CMS estimates of participation in subsidized coverage, Medicaid enrollment, and total marketplace spending were 2.7, 2.0, and 2.9 times, respectively, higher than actual figures.

The Affordable Care Act was a critical step in expanding health insurance coverage, but it is unlikely to be the last national health policy reform considered by Congress. It is therefore reassuring that despite many factors that could not have been foreseen in 2010—such as the ACA’s troubled rollout and the lack of state support—the CBO model proved to be reasonably accurate compared with actual experience and the estimates of other modelers. This should allay concerns of some critics that its forecasts were biased in favor of the Administration.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-13, 22:45

Paul Ryan's explanation of the CBO was true Ayn Rand gold.

The soon to be 24M uncovered was great news because now people won't be penalized for not buying coverage so they won't be forced to buy coverage they don't want or can't afford because Ryan's plan gets rid of low income subsidies.

Hospitals don't like the GOP plan because they know the deadbeats, invincibles and poor will go back to no coverage until they have to be admitted. They get treated in a hospital and get discharged with a bill that's $5K to $100K+.

Then they stiff the hospital and the hospital and 18 months later the uncollectible amount gets rolled into my insurance premium and everyone else's when the insurace company negotiates new coverage limits along with new premiums I pay.

Trump and the GOP also want to get rid of the rule mandating insurance companies use 85% of their premiums to pay claims. More government interference stopping insurance companies from screwing their customers.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-14, 07:56

24 million to lose coverage under Trumpcare.. I'm sure the sexual predator is disappointed. He was wanting way more than 24 million..

Caution: Mainstream Media Article Below

CBO: 24 Million Fewer Covered By 2026 Under Trumpcare
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 07:48

I could be wrong.. but from what I hear, getting Trumpcare passed isn't looking too good for the sexual predator..

poor Goosechev.. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-23, 08:26

Eagerly awaiting the tweet storm about this. What are the odds he throws in a RINO reference?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-23, 08:33

I think the Koch brothers just put another shot of vodka into the mix.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-23, 08:39

DWags wrote:I think the Koch brothers just put another shot of vodka into the mix.

Interesting.

Healthcare is a gigantic clusterfuck. Obama and the left know once new massive welfare programs like Obamacare start, they never stop. It only expands as politicians promise more for votes. Look at when social security originally started as and now all the shit it covers.

I still think the goal of the ACA was to fuck up healthcare so bad it would lead us eventually to single payer.

I'm young and healthy so meh. Not that important to me.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-23, 09:02

DWags wrote:I think the Koch brothers just put another shot of vodka into the mix.
they're almost encouraging dissent among the knuckle-draggers. How Is Trumpcare Coming Along? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-23, 09:50

Did these guys push for the vote today because it's the anniversary of Obama care? No, they didn't do it. No, tell me that's not why the vote is today. Really, that can't be the reason for the vote today. I swear to god, they wouldn't push this through so quick to match this. Is that really possible?

Wouldn't it be better if they got it right instead of all this symbolism and pomp and circumstance?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-23, 09:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could be wrong.. but from what I hear, getting Trumpcare passed isn't looking too good for the sexual predator..

poor Goosechev.. No

Assumptions are funny things. Point out all my posts on healthcare?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-23, 15:37

So the vote in the House was called off. Maybe Republicans should have been working on a better bill instead of holding a bunch of Benghazi hearings.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-23, 16:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So the vote in the House was called off. Maybe Republicans should have been working on a better bill instead of holding a bunch of Benghazi hearings.

They had years to study and copy the best aspects of the world's highest performing health care systems and instead vomited out a health care bill that wouldn't even pass in a 3rd world country. Pathetic.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next