Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

+12
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
gomersbro
Cameron
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) Empty Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 8:41

When is or have you ever ate a Paczki?

In the meantime, here are 10 things you should know about paczki:
1. The name paczki translates to “little packages.”
2. “Paczki” is pronounced POONCH-key and is plural; one pastry is a paczek (POON-check).
3. The paczki is thought of as a way to use up fatty ingredients like lard and butter, as well as sugar, eggs and fruit before Lenten fasting begins.
4. Don’t call paczki jelly doughnuts. They have a much richer flavor because the yeasty dough is made with more eggs. They are also bigger and plumper; the shape is more like a sphere.
5. In Poland, the last Thursday before Lent begins is called Fat Thursday. So the splurge day would not be today, it would have been Feb. 23 this year.
6. Paczki in Poland “are much smaller, about half the size. There’s also a lot less filling, only about a teaspoonful,” according to Bittner.
7. A small amount of grain alcohol is added to paczki dough before cooking. As the alcohol evaporates, it prevents the absorption of oil deep into the dough so the pastry is not greasy.
8. Filling flavors range from a slew of jams, including the traditional rosehip jam, to custard and more. Some bakeries make up their own specialty fillings each year. Some paczki are dusted with powdered sugar, others are covered with icing or glaze, some are drizzled with chocolate. Some have bits of dried orange zest on them.
9. Paczki prices vary. At Bozek’s, a dozen is $12.50 and at New Martha Washington Bakery, a dozen is $16.
10. Calorie and fat? Brace yourself. Depending on the size, paczki can have as many as 400 calories and more than 20 grams of fat. At New Martha Washington Bakery, a dozen weighs 2½ pounds.

http://www.freep.com/story/life/food/recipes/2017/02/28/paczki-day-fat-tuesday/98504370/

Last edited by MattyFresh on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:31; edited 2 times in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) Empty Re: Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 8:51

What do all these people have in common?

Bear in mind that this photo was taken at 5:32AM this morning.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) C5v5rckWAAEXbsY
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) Empty Re: Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 8:54

The dude in the fedora looks like someone I work with.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 8:55

The lady in the front left is having an orgasm.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 8:59

MattyFresh wrote:The lady in the front left is having an orgasm.
The Eastern European gang member behind her is really enjoying America!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:02

MattyFresh wrote:The lady in the front left is having an orgasm.

Because the guy in the Nike pullover behind her is involved in rear entry.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:02

It's Mardi gras matty fresh. Donut day is made up bullshit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It's Mardi gras matty fresh. Donut day is made up bullshit.

We don't party in the north here, we eat lards of fat.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:06

MattyFresh wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It's Mardi gras matty fresh. Donut day is made up bullshit.

Case in point.

The Coney Paczki.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) 636237982973607258-C5hfQ5XVAAAlsML

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/life/food/2017/02/27/american-coney-island-coney-paczki/98483116/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:08

MattyFresh wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Case in point.

The Coney Paczki.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) 636237982973607258-C5hfQ5XVAAAlsML

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/life/food/2017/02/27/american-coney-island-coney-paczki/98483116/

Saw that "thing" posted on the interwebs yesterday afternoon and immediately called my physician.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:20

MattyFresh wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Case in point.

The Coney Paczki.

Great, now I have eye diabetes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Case in point.

The Coney Paczki.

Great, now I have eye diabeetus.

fify
Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) OpEwnl1

Last edited by MattyFresh on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:26; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:What do all these people have in common?

Heart disease? High blood pressure? Body odor?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:What do all these people have in common?

They all love jelly donuts.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:34

MattyFresh wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Case in point.

The Coney Paczki.

Honestly, I've got a good 20 more pounds than I need, and I love to cook and eat. I'm not shy of eating junk, but even for an old sloth like myself, if I tried eating that, I'd throw up. No way can you eat something like that without gagging .
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 10:48

Thank you for changing the thread title matty fresh :) I'll buy you an e donut for donut day for that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 10:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Thank you for changing the thread title matty fresh :) I'll buy you an e donut for donut day for that
and for you e-beads, enjoy them

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) K382
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 11:09

Thank you matty.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) C9a70341a9df540c8f770a44acc6c7a5
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 Mar 2017 - 9:14

I enjoyed a bavarian creme paczki yesterday. That's not important or noteworthy.
Mostly I wanted to bump this thread for Bob to post his vitals again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 1 Mar 2017 - 9:17

LooseGoose wrote:I enjoyed a bavarian creme paczki yesterday.  That's not important or noteworthy.
Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) 502811600

I had stuff to do yesterday, so I wasn't around the internets.. but I saw this thread and immediately thought I'd post some vitals:

5'10"
172 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 1110/68 mmHg

solid run on the wooded trails yesterday morning.. was running around campus at 5:00 this morning.

did not consume any paczkiscCoachKzisckzisz
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 20:14

I actually don't like them. Or most types of donuts.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 20:25

Dendrobates wrote:I actually don't like them. Or most types of donuts.

Too much sugar and too many calories. I used to like donuts, but they just sit in my gut like a lead balloon. It's not like I eat the healthiest but I don't want to eat the crappiest, either.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 2 Mar 2017 - 21:45

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I actually don't like them. Or most types of donuts.

Too much sugar and too many calories. I used to like donuts, but they just sit in my gut like a lead balloon. It's not like I eat the healthiest but I don't want to eat the crappiest, either.

Yea, I'd rather consume my calories through alcohol.

Or lots and lots of bacon.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 1:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I enjoyed a bavarian creme paczki yesterday.  That's not important or noteworthy.

I had stuff to do yesterday, so I wasn't around the internets.. but I saw this thread and immediately thought I'd post some vitals:

5'10"
172 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 1110/68 mmHg

solid run on the wooded trails yesterday morning.. was running around campus at 5:00 this morning.

I think you're gonna die soon, Bob.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri 3 Mar 2017 - 2:39

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

5'10"
172 lbs
32X32
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 1110/68 mmHg

I think you're gonna die soon, Bob.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) Magic-eight-ball-outlook-not-so-good-photo-researchers-inc
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 5:38

Bump for Pączki Day!
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 6:24

Under what rules do we prounce that word with an N in it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 7:04

I get excited for a powdered donut or cinnamon donut. Otherwise, I will pass.

But the whole paczki thing is just fun overall. I had no idea this was just a Michigan thing until I lived in Iowa. I wanted to buy some paczki for my coworkers, and to my surprise there weren't any. And when i asked I was looked at like I had 3 heads.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 7:15

Dendrobates wrote:I get excited for a powdered donut or cinnamon donut. Otherwise,  I will pass.

But the whole paczki thing is just fun overall. I had no idea this was just a Michigan thing until I lived in Iowa. I wanted to buy some paczki for my coworkers, and to my surprise there weren't any. And when i asked I was looked at like I had 3 heads.  

I'm not sure if it's solely a Michigan thing or if it exists in other communities with a heavy Polish influence.

Or in places like Wisconsin where you'd expect them to eat lard-laced pastries (or just because they copy shit like they tried copying being the Mitten state)..
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 8:07

gomersbro wrote:Bump for Pączki Day!

Mardi gras
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 9:44

Dendrobates wrote:I get excited for a powdered donut or cinnamon donut. Otherwise, I will pass.

It is a thing here in Germany. They are available from Nov 11 thru today.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 9:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I get excited for a powdered donut or cinnamon donut. Otherwise,  I will pass.

I'm not sure if it's solely a Michigan thing or if it exists in other communities with a heavy Polish influence.

Or in places like Wisconsin where you'd expect them to eat lard-laced pastries (or just because they copy shit like they tried copying being the Mitten state)..

Europe of course makes sense. But funny how I thought it was done everywhere.

My boss lives in the Madison area, and I asked her if they had them there. She’s never seen them. But now I got her itching to try some. I should mail some to her.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 10:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
gomersbro wrote:Bump for Pączki Day!

Mardi gras

Fat Tuesday.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 10:30

tGreenWay wrote:

Mardi gras

Fat Tuesday.

Ash Wednesday eve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 10:32

tGreenWay wrote:

Mardi gras

Fat Tuesday.

Look, give me a day where everyone parties and has fun or give me a day where everyone eats a damn donut.... I know which one I’m picking.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 11:00

tGreenWay wrote:

Fat Tuesday.

Look, give me a day where everyone parties and has fun or give me a day where everyone eats a damn donut.... I know which one I’m picking.

IDGAS about the donuts, but today is called Fat Tuesday. Protest more and you’re just embarrassing yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 11:02

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fat Tuesday.

Ash Wednesday eve.

Tonight, sure. Now? Not so much, unless you want to call it Ash Wednesday Eve Day, in which case, go sit in the corner with Travis.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 11:04

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Ash Wednesday eve.

Tonight, sure. Now? Not so much, unless you want to call it Ash Wednesday Eve Day, in which case, go sit in the corner with Travis.

You are so fucking stupid Greenway. How do you even function in the world. Is Christmas eve not Christmas eve until evening? I swear you were dropped on your head as a child. Multiple times. On concrete.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 11:09

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You are so fucking stupid Greenway. How do you even function in the world. Is Christmas eve not Christmas eve until evening? I swear you were dropped on your head as a child. Multiple times. On concrete.

Sorry tGreenWay, I love you, but this shit is funny!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 11:11

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What is eve short for? If you’re not sure, look it up.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) 4113017228 Do you need to go to the hospital, because you just suffered a significant burn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next