Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

+12
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
gomersbro
Cameron
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-05, 11:16

2. “Paczki” is pronounced POONCH-key and is plural; one pastry is a paczek (POON-check).

Not according to this dude. Who.... yeah I wouldn't let him in my house, but he seems to know what he's talking about.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis)

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-05, 11:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You are so fucking stupid Greenway. How do you even function in the world. Is Christmas eve not Christmas eve until evening? I swear you were dropped on your head as a child. Multiple times. On concrete.

What is eve short for? If you’re not sure, look it up.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) - Page 2 4113017228 Do you need to go to the hospital, because you just suffered a significant burn.

So you actually say "Christmas eve day"? Did you teach that to your kids? You send them out in to the world with that little gem?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-05, 11:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You are so fucking stupid Greenway. How do you even function in the world. Is Christmas eve not Christmas eve until evening? I swear you were dropped on your head as a child. Multiple times. On concrete.

Fat Tuesday - Paczki's... or Mardi Gras (for Travis) - Page 2 4113017228 Do you need to go to the hospital, because you just suffered a significant burn.

Short for? It is it’s own word guy. It’s not short for anything. That’s not how words work. Do you even know how words work?

eve Dictionary result for eve
noun
the day or period of time immediately before an event or occasion.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-05, 13:59

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So you actually say "Christmas eve day"? Did you teach that to your kids? You send them out in to the world with that little gem?

Of course I say Christmas Eve day. I hear it all the time. If you say Christmas Eve, it means the evening before Christmas. And thank the Lord I don’t have kids, because I wouldn’t want them anywhere near yours. They might catch ignorant.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-05, 14:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Short for? It is it’s own word guy. It’s not short for anything. That’s not how words work. Do you even know how words work?

noun

You simple, simple, simple little man. Eve is shortened from Evening. Man, you east-siders really got the short shrift in state funding for education, didn’t you, you poor dumb sonuvabitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-05, 14:31

tGreenWay wrote:

noun

You simple, simple, simple little man. Eve is shortened from Evening. Man, you east-siders really got the short shrift in state funding for education, didn’t you, you poor dumb sonuvabitch.

Oh were you talking about evening? Everyone was confused.

“A is short for aardvark! And it is short for itinerary! I know all of the short words and what they are short for! Someone give me a cook for a delicious tasty reward!” - greenway, probably.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-05, 14:36

tGreenWay wrote:

“A is short for aardvark! And it is short for itinerary! I know all of the short words and what they are short for! Someone give me a cook for a delicious tasty reward!” - greenway, probably.

Who are you, some rich guy’s good-for-nothing, never-amount-to-anything son? Who the hell gets a cook for a reward? What’s wrong? Do you need gluten free meals? Allergic to peanuts and shellfish? Poor little Travis needs his own cook to make him feel better and assumes everyone else gets the same.
Say hi to your dopey brothers, Don Jr. and Eric.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-05, 14:38

tGreenWay wrote:

Who are you, some rich guy’s good-for-nothing, never-amount-to-anything son? Who the hell gets a cook for a reward? What’s wrong? Do you need gluten free meals? Allergic to peanuts and shellfish? Poor little Travis needs his own cook to make him feel better and assumes everyone else gets the same.

The implication was that you think that cook is short for cookie.

Good brain greenway. Good brain. The best brain.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-05, 15:13

tGreenWay wrote:

The implication was that you think that cook is short for cookie.

Good brain greenway. Good brain. The best brain.

Lol.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-03-05, 15:59

Just had 2 but I walked to get them so I burned off the calories from the filling maybe.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-05, 18:07

Weird day at work. The last few years our vendors brought in 8-10 dozen paczkis. Today, nothing.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-05, 18:24

Use to work off Groesbeck near 696, near Lazybones Smokehouse. They offered maple/smoked bacon paczkis for a few years (not sure if they still do). That combination sounded awesome to me.

When I finally got to try one ended up spitting it out and throwing away the rest...it was that awful. What cracked me up was they were charging $2.50 for each of them. Still think that combo could work on a paczki...LBS just fucked up the execution. Way too heavy smoke on the bacon.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-05, 20:50

The Pantry wrote:Use to work off Groesbeck near 696, near Lazybones Smokehouse. They offered maple/smoked bacon paczkis for a few years (not sure if they still do). That combination sounded awesome to me.

When I finally got to try one ended up spitting it out and throwing away the rest...it was that awful. What cracked me up was they were charging $2.50 for each of them. Still think that combo could work on a paczki...LBS just fucked up the execution. Way too heavy smoke on the bacon.

That does sound surprising that it sucked.
While I'm not much of a fan, the coney dog paczki look somewhat appetizing.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-05, 21:51

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Use to work off Groesbeck near 696, near Lazybones Smokehouse. They offered maple/smoked bacon paczkis for a few years (not sure if they still do). That combination sounded awesome to me.

That does sound surprising that it sucked.
While I'm not much of a fan, the coney dog paczki look somewhat appetizing.
Showed that pic to a few coworkers. They laughed at first then cringed. Oddly, I think it could work. The dog, chili, onions, and mustard would have to overpower the glaze.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-03-01, 02:57

Happy Paçzki day, Karneval, Fasching or whatever you want to call it. Make sure to try the Pfannkuchen or Berliner or Paçzki or whatever you want to call it.

And at the end of the day let's skullfuck some weasels!
gomersbro
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-02-21, 04:40

Bump for Fat Tuesday 2023.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-02-21, 07:26

I've never liked paczki. Then again, I don't like most donuts either.
At least I don't have to worry about eating a 2000 calorie pastry today.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-21, 07:40

Dendrobates wrote:I've never liked paczki. Then again, I don't like most donuts either.

I have an insane sweet tooth, so I like them. Younger me would think nothing of having a couple every year, until a few years ago. The thought of a few thousand calories in a few seconds of guilty pleasure started weighing on my mind.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-21, 07:57

how do people decide it's paszkicy day?

is it the same day very year like New Years Day? Or more like a Thanksgiving type thing, where the actual date changes?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-02-21, 08:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:how do people decide it's paszkicy day?

is it the same day very year like New Years Day? Or more like a Thanksgiving type thing, where the actual date changes?

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
The people will use their lard and sweet
and imbibe in what they should never eat

This is the dawning of the morning of the Pączki
The morning of the Pączki

Eat the fastnachts, let the fastnachts win
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-21, 08:16

Rick Saunders wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:how do people decide it's paszkicy day?

thanks - I think I'll just stick with my Icelandic yogurt and blueberries.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2023-02-21, 08:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

thanks - I think I'll just stick with my Icelandic yogurt and blueberries.

Put 1/4 cup All Bran and 1/4 cup Grape Nuts in it.

6'0"
155 lb
32/34
115/70
60 bpm
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-21, 14:58

Dendrobates wrote:I've never liked paczki. Then again, I don't like most donuts either.

Unlike Floyd, I find them far too sweet. I’m good with dark chocolate-based things that don’t overdo it on the sugar.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-21, 15:04

You know what I'd rather have and paczkis on Fat Tuesday? Tacos. What a coincidence that Fat Tuesday and Taco Tuesday are on a Tuesday. No one saw that coming 2,000 years go.

ps. I never said paczkis are better than dark chocolate.

pss. when did paczkis get so possessive?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, Dendrobates and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-21, 15:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:You know what I'd rather have and paczkis on Fat Tuesday? Tacos. What a coincidence that Fat Tuesday and Taco Tuesday are on a Tuesday. No one saw that coming 2,000 years go.

How about a chocolate taco? Lightly-powdered sugar flour tortilla wrapped around a cannoli-type chocolate stuffing. That might prompt me to run for the border.

p.s. I never said you said paczkis are better than dark chocolate. Put chocolate in my mouth, Floyd, not words.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-21, 15:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:You know what I'd rather have and paczkis on Fat Tuesday? Tacos. What a coincidence that Fat Tuesday and Taco Tuesday are on a Tuesday. No one saw that coming 2,000 years go.

sounds like it's chicken and boursin night in our house tonight.

though, I'm down with tacos, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-02-21, 18:20

Liked them when I was younger but too sweet now.  Mannino's bakery opened early and there were many cars in the parking lot.  Thought about stopping to pick some up for coworkers but said "fuck it" and kept driving.  Good thing cause HR brought in a bunch of paczkis, along with bagels from Panera.

HR department must have a decent budget.  Brought in Cappuccino Man again last week.  Later in the day got an HR email asking people to suggest other catering vendors to bring in.  Thought about a snark reply suggesting "Bourbon Man" but decided not to Wink
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Dendrobates and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-21, 18:34

Pantry, ask HR to schedule Pappy Van Winkle Day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-21, 20:17

Grabbed some Apple Pacos earlier. Not sure if those are true Pacos.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-02-08, 20:27

Got some apple ones at Publix!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2