Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is tum the worst starting pg...

+18
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
Cameron
CheesySpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Stoops21
duffy munn
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
DWags
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

is tum the worst starting pg... Empty is tum the worst starting pg...

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-11, 16:41

....in the b10 tourney? i think so given his stats, but I'll let the blowars and The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria defend his honor by attacking me
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

is tum the worst starting pg... Empty Re: is tum the worst starting pg...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-11, 18:20

Blanch32 wrote:....in the b10 tourney? i think so given his stats, but I'll let the blowars and The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria defend his honor by attacking me

I am a better basketball player. He is awful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-11, 19:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:....in the b10 tourney? i think so given his stats, but I'll let the blowars and The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria defend his honor by attacking me

Recruiting miss. I've never seen a pg that was absolutely no scoring threat.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-11, 19:11

I honestly think you believe that. Take the worst player ever given a scholarship by Izzo out of high school and puts on the team and he whips your ass in a one on one. Dude, They're division one players. Did you even maybe get like a D3 offer or maybe a community college? I honestly think we see so much on t.v. that we believe we could stand in against a major league picture, or tackle a division one running back, or guard tum tum and then try to take him to the hole, or box with a tyson for a round. They are so far beyond any of us I.M. playing fools it's not funny. Maybe an I.M. player who also played d1 football like Carl Banks or a great skilled player, but not any of the weekend warriors. No way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-11, 19:32

is tum the worst starting pg... 1165525128
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-11, 19:57

DWags wrote:

I honestly think you believe that. Take the worst player ever given a scholarship by Izzo out of high school and puts on the team and he whips your ass in a one on one. Dude, They're division one players. Did you even maybe get like a D3 offer or maybe a community college? I honestly think we see so much on t.v. that we believe we could stand in against a major league picture, or tackle a division one running back, or guard tum tum and then try to take him to the hole, or box with a tyson for a round. They are so far beyond any of us I.M. playing fools it's not funny. Maybe an I.M. player who also played d1 football like Carl Banks or a great skilled player, but not any of the weekend warriors. No way.

Played Doug Davis 1:1 one summer on the outdoor court behind the Duff across from Wonders. Lost 21-1... I was a fairly strong recreational athlete back in the day but the guy seemed like Allen Iverson by comparison.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-11, 19:58

tanfan! wrote:

Yeah missed on Ullis and Jones but that's what happens when you go against Dook and UK
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-11, 20:20

I know Tum Tum offers these intangibles like leadership and is supposedly a good defensive player.
But I have wondered if you researched stats - production per minute, defensive rating, even Ken Pom tempo stats blah blah if he is the worst player in the entire Big Ten.  He has to be among those averaging X minimum minutes like 15.  I can't imagine there would be many players ranked lower in all of division 1.  
Yeah like Dwags says he is still incredibly talented.  But so is the point guard for Toledo or Northeastern.  I can't believe he would start for most MAC teams.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-11, 20:45

is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600 is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600 is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-11, 20:46

duffy munn wrote:

is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600 is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600 is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600

People tearing it up at their local gym = You could start for a D1 power 5 school easily.

You didn't know that, Duffy? is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-11, 21:26

Death Roe wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

People tearing it up at their local gym = You could start for a D1 power 5 school easily.

You didn't know that, Duffy? is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600

I'm sure OTPT was a very good high school player.

Tum would destroy him.

I was a decent high school player. I remember thinking Kris Weshinsky sucked. Like freaking horrible. Until I was on the same floor and playing against him. Granted, I was like 35 and he was 22 but still. I wasn't even close to in his league.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-11, 21:32

tanfan! wrote:

....and coaching miss. you simply cannot run a halfcourt offense system with a non shooting guard. same problem we had when bograkos was on the court
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-03-11, 21:33

I just don't understand how he doesn't have jump shot even some mid range. You would think with all the practice and multiple summers shooting jumpers all day it would come around. Does he not practice that much on shooting?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-11, 21:36

....so the The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria conclusion is that he is better than all swill posters ever. fascinating. you dudes always find the sunshine
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-11, 21:37

Blanch32 wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

....and coaching miss. you simply cannot run a halfcourt offense system with a non shooting guard. same problem we had when bograkos was on the court

can't practice confidence
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-03-11, 21:47

Blanch32 wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You can practice jumpers
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-11, 21:52

He has worked on it countless hours. I have seen him in Moneyball the last two summers hitting 3 pointers with regularity. Last season he had the injury so he didn't get to show what he could do. But it is what it is at this point.
But doing it in a glorified scrimmage is one thing and Blanche is spot on that you can't coach confidence. Travis Walton and Eric Snow were able to get there. Thing is, those dudes were four inches taller and could lock down the opponents top scoring guard.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-11, 21:56

I don't know what gives guys like Larry Bird the shooting touch he had but if I shot as many hours as he did in a gym with a "shooting coach" matched him a million shots vs a million shots there is still no way I develop his touch. Same with qb's. Just can't happen. It's a gene or a hand eye thing. It's amazing and fun to watch these freaks do their thing. And respectfully watching and coaching D1 athletes there is no way I'd ever consider being close to them. My college room mate was the greatest golfer I'd ever seen. He was amazing. He was a scrub who played his way into a couple matches for Msu. I'm thinking here is a half ass scrub golfer at a d1 school who barely makes a couple matches by challenging guys ahead of him on the team and MSU is a half ass team but he can do shit in a course that amazed me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-11, 22:00

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

Played Doug Davis 1:1 one summer on the outdoor court behind the Duff across from Wonders. Lost 21-1... I was a fairly strong recreational athlete back in the day but the guy seemed like Allen Iverson by comparison.

I'd put a Hundy down that none of us could dribble the ball past the free throw line against Tum without losing g it. Non of us could come close to guarding him without breaking an ankle and if we scored on him it would be a lucky shit from the outside. Some of these guys have zero clue about what a D1 athlete actually has.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-11, 22:13

Also didn't Tum lose like 2 offseasons to injuries? The shot doesn't look that bad, the rotation isn't terrible on the ball. If he's healthy this offseason I bet he improves a bit.

I get the arguments, and anyone is certainly free to question our Hall of Fame coach and he is human and makes mistakes, but you also have to know that his Hall of Fame career was built on defense first principles, that he's as stubborn as an ox and when push comes to shove he knows 400 million times more about the game and his players than any of us do.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-11, 22:19

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't want to be that guy but for fact I will be...You must mean Wilson? I lived in Wonders and it can't be across from The Duff unless Case and Wilson are gone.

FWIW DWags is spot on. I've got plenty of stories to corroborate but don't feel like it tonight
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-11, 22:25

CheesySpartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I don't want to be that guy but for fact I will be...You must mean Wilson? I lived in Wonders and it can't be across from The Duff unless Case and Wilson are gone.

FWIW DWags is spot on. I've got plenty of stories to corroborate but don't feel like it tonight

You're correct. I meant Wilson.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-12, 01:37

I'm still holding tum to zero points
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-12, 03:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm still holding tum to zero points

In one on one? How tall are you? Can you dunk? I guarantee he goes right by you every time, so if you don't have 6 inches on him and the ability to get up and block his layups from behind, you would never stop him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-12, 06:11

Heres some stats for ya asses, ranked by DBPM but PER gives you the overall picture

is tum the worst starting pg... Captur26

is tum the worst starting pg... Captur15
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-12, 07:46

Cameron wrote:

In one on one? How tall are you? Can you dunk? I guarantee he goes right by you every time, so if you don't have 6 inches on him and the ability to get up and block his layups from behind, you would never stop him.

Doesn't matter how tall OTPT is. He wouldn't come close to sticking with Tum Tum. It would be funny to watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-12, 09:18

Stoops21 wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You can practice jumpers

But not confident jumpers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-12, 09:21

so we are all in agreement tum is the worst PG in the big ten. tia.

back to the OPTP vs tum tum agrument.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-12, 09:53

Not the worst but bottom tier PG starter. Never developed confidence in his game, he's an elite athlete but never has cracked his potential. He's definitely not the worst starter on the team or in the big ten. That's McQuaid for us and numerous others throughout he league
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-12, 10:26

MattyFresh wrote:Not the worst but bottom tier PG starter. Never developed confidence in his game, he's an elite athlete but never has cracked his potential. He's definitely not the worst starter on the team or in the big ten. That's McQuaid for us and numerous others throughout he league

Agree McQaid is a disappointment, but I'm not sure hes not already playing to his potential. Tum definitely is not since game 2 of the Bahamas
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-12, 14:04

Thank you for this Sunday afternoon humor. is tum the worst starting pg... 1966794946
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-12, 14:41

A troll starting a thread about the quality of a starting PG or another troll claiming he's better.

Delusion on both counts
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-12, 14:51

is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600 Good one. Whatever you're smoking, don't switch it up, cuz u b trippin.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-12, 15:15

OTPT...LMFAO
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-12, 15:43

GRR Spartan wrote:A troll starting a thread about the quality of a starting PG or another troll claiming he's better.

Delusion on both counts

And blowar offers zero rebuttal
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 04:56

GRR Spartan wrote:A troll starting a thread about the quality of a starting PG or another troll claiming he's better.

Delusion on both counts

Typical b lower response. Label anyone who doesn't tote the company line as a troll and smear that person. Go fuck yourself.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-13, 07:07

tanfan! wrote:

Delusion on both counts

Typical b lower response. Label anyone who doesn't tote the company line as a troll and smear that person. Go fuck yourself.

MSU has this really good freshman named Miles Bridges this year. You should totally DVR Property Bros on Friday night and watch him play. It may be your last chance.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 07:10

duffy munn wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

MSU has this really good freshman named Miles Bridges this year. You should totally DVR Property Bros on Friday night and watch him play. It may be your last chance.

Last year MSU had three NBA players on its roster and lost in the first round. I could care less as this year has been a complete disaster in football and basketball. Even tom doesn't care. LOL. When I read that I knew it would drive the blow er contingent crazy. Just laughed my ass off.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 07:14

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Last year MSU had three NBA players on its roster and lost in the first round. I could care less as this year has been a complete disaster in football and basketball. Even tom doesn't care. LOL. When I read that I knew it would drive the blow er contingent crazy. Just laughed my ass off.

Dude, they're saying MSU sucks in the free press comments section. Please go straighten them out.

Thanks from the swill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-13, 08:08

I'll throw in $20 to set up a 1 on 1 between OTPT and Tum Tum. Can someone Periscope that shit? is tum the worst starting pg... 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next