Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is tum the worst starting pg...

+18
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
Cameron
CheesySpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Stoops21
duffy munn
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
DWags
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 Empty Re: is tum the worst starting pg...

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 08:21

I'd pay 50 to see that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 Empty Re: is tum the worst starting pg...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-13, 08:23

I don't know that much about it but I am certain that he's better than I am.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-13, 08:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'll throw in $20 to set up a 1 on 1 between OTPT and Tum Tum. Can someone Periscope that shit? is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 502811600
Matty can.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-13, 08:39

MattyFresh wrote:Not the worst but bottom tier PG starter. Never developed confidence in his game, he's an elite athlete but never has cracked his potential. He's definitely not the worst starter on the team or in the big ten. That's McQuaid for us and numerous others throughout he league

name one
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-13, 08:40

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'll throw in $20 to set up a 1 on 1 between OTPT and Tum Tum. Can someone Periscope that shit? is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 502811600
Matty can.

OK, now we just need to get these three together on a basketball court!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-13, 09:33

I've got $5k on Tum. More if I can get my hands on it without alerting tWife.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 09:38

I'd put a grand Tum could pick his score. I'd put 500 that not one poster on this board could cleanly dribble the ball down past the free throw line without Tum disturbing it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-13, 09:53

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Last year MSU had three NBA players on its roster and lost in the first round. I could care less as this year has been a complete disaster in football and basketball. Even tom doesn't care. LOL. When I read that I knew it would drive the blow er contingent crazy. Just laughed my ass off.

Dude, they're saying MSU sucks in the free press comments section. Please go straighten them out.

Thanks from the swill.

Tanner is a big time optimist at the Freep. Ripping people for saying pretty much the exact same things there that he says here.

Bi-polar.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 09:57

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dude, they're saying MSU sucks in the free press comments section. Please go straighten them out.

Thanks from the swill.

Tanner is a big time optimist at the Freep. Ripping people for saying pretty much the exact same things there that he says here.

Bi-polar.

Muffy. I can't disagree with them now.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-13, 10:02

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Bi-polar.

Yeah, kinda hard to comment on something you didn't watch. Funny how you are able to do that here.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-13, 10:04

DWags wrote:I'd put a grand Tum could pick his score. I'd put 500 that not one poster on this board could cleanly dribble the ball down past the free throw line without Tum disturbing it.

tum never goes for the steal, so that's impossible to know if true.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-13, 11:18

If we somehow get past Miami, Tum Tum vs Frank Mason will be is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 1f602

MSU will need Ward to go nuts, not turn it over, and hit double digit 3s.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 12:00

duffy munn wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Yeah, kinda hard to comment on something you didn't watch. Funny how you are able to do that here.

It doesn't take more than a few minutes of watching to arrive at the conclusion msu hoops sucks this year. Same with football. I never saw one second of the Minnesota game. I didn't know we lost until I got an angry text.  It's been wonderful.  I love how you bl owers deflect and change the subject to an attack as a means of voicing your displeasure with the state of Msu athletics. .its how you guys cope. But you're a miserable piece of shit in my book so it's what I expected.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 12:12

is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 502811600

Tanfan text club fillin gin each other as the game goes on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-13, 12:12

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

It doesn't take more than a few minutes of watching to arrive at the conclusion msu hoops sucks this year. Same with football. I never saw one second of the Minnesota game. I didn't know we lost until I got an angry text.  It's been wonderful.  I love how you bl owers deflect and change the subject to an attack as a means of voicing your displeasure with the state of Msu athletics. .its how you guys cope. But you're a miserable piece of shit in my book so it's what I expected.

"Petulant child."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 13:19

The_Dude wrote:If we somehow get past Miami, Tum Tum vs Frank Mason will be is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 1f602

It's such a joke that opposing point guards taunt him to shoot, which he promptly gives up the open look to pass it off to someone else every fucking time. I thought he was a senior. Too bad.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 13:22

DWags wrote:is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 502811600  

Tanfan text club fillin gin each  other as the game goes on.  

Actually, I will get the occasional, "Tum Tum sucks" text during a game or "this team sucks" and that's how I know we are playing.  Sometimes one of the guys will lash out and then I realize we lost yet another game.  My weekends aren't spent lashing out at the DEs as a coping mechanism like you guys do. I won't be watching the Miami game. I don't even know what day it's on.

I think if we had anyone other than tum tum who could put up 8 to 10 points a game during his minutes, we would have won 5 more games this year. But hell, I stopped watching, but I saw a lot of close games where points at his position might have made a difference. Pure speculation, but carry on with your sun shine
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-13, 13:25

tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:If we somehow get past Miami, Tum Tum vs Frank Mason will be is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 1f602

It's such a joke that opposing point guards taunt him to shoot, which he promptly gives up the open look to pass it off to someone else every fucking time. I thought he was a senior. Too bad.

Can't anyone that is at least a good enough athlete to play guard at the D1 level learn how to shoot a jumpshot that isnt straight garbage?

Hell, even Walton could hit down jumpers later in his career.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 13:26

The_Dude wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Can't anyone that is at least a good enough athlete to play guard at the D1 level learn how to shoot a jumpshot that isnt straight garbage?

The_Dude wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Walton became a scoring threat and he produced!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-13, 13:41

tanfan! wrote:

I guess in this case, every fucking time is in the 2 hours you watched out of 30 games.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2017-03-13, 14:05

Periscope? Is this going to be played on an aircraft carrier and we get to watch from the submarine?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-13, 14:16

tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The_Dude wrote:

Walton vs USC was fucking magical.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-13, 14:31

Honestly, do you think there is a worse starting PG in the tourney? Even the scrub 16 seeds probably have better point guard play.

Sigh
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-13, 14:41

The_Dude wrote:Honestly, do you think there is a worse starting PG in the tourney?  Even the scrub 16 seeds probably have better point guard play.

Sigh

#hottakes
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-13, 14:47

tanfan! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The_Dude wrote:

is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 1966794946 early onset dementia has finally hit.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-13, 17:55

Blanch32 wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Not the worst but bottom tier PG starter. Never developed confidence in his game, he's an elite athlete but never has cracked his potential. He's definitely not the worst starter on the team or in the big ten. That's McQuaid for us and numerous others throughout he league

name one

Iowa's pg, Williams
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-13, 17:56

The_Dude wrote:Honestly, do you think there is a worse starting PG in the tourney? Even the scrub 16 seeds probably have better point guard play.

Sigh

Would Tum even be average in D2?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 19:49

1979 nc game. A little guard named Terry donelly who really never shot much was left wide open like tum tum. Like balls of steal Terry took those wide open shots while they double teamed kelser or magic. Swooshed then all. Every one that I recall. Indiana state was toast.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 19:56

tanfan! wrote:1979 nc game. A little guard named Terry donelly who really never shot much was left wide open like tum tum. Like balls of steal Terry took those wide open shots while they double teamed kelser or magic. Swooshed then all. Every one that I recall. Indiana state was toast.

Five for five. Five of six from the line. Averaged six a game had 15. Top ten in unsung hero of NCAA tournament.

Story from four years ago

Donnelley tears it up
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-13, 20:17

tanfan! wrote:1979 nc game. A little guard named Terry donelly who really never shot much was left wide open like tum tum. Like balls of steal Terry took those wide open shots while they double teamed kelser or magic. Swooshed then all. Every one that I recall. Indiana state was toast.

That was one helluva fun title run. I was st Market Square Arena in Indy to see us boot LSU and then crush Digger's only hopes of a championship.

lolololololol! Fuck you, Digger. is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752 is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752 is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-13, 20:35

MattyFresh wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

name one

Iowa's pg, Williams

Is he eveneeds the starter? if so, then I know why they didn't make the tourney this year
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 22:16

tGreenWay wrote:

That was one helluva fun title run. I was st Market Square Arena in Indy to see us boot LSU and then crush Digger's only hopes of a championship.

lolololololol! Fuck you, Digger. is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752 is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752 is tum the worst starting pg... - Page 2 2809484752

That ND team was loaded. In my opinion, our biggest win of the tournament. Of course Magic Bird get all the attention, but they had no answer for us after Bird. That ND game was fucking awesome.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 23:14

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:1979 nc game. A little guard named Terry donelly who really never shot much was left wide open like tum tum. Like balls of steal Terry took those wide open shots while they double teamed kelser or magic. Swooshed then all.  Every one that I recall. Indiana state was toast.

Five for five. Five of six from the line. Averaged six a game had 15. Top ten in unsung hero of NCAA tournament.

Donnelley tears it up

How many close games we lost this year are wins if tum scored 8 to 12 a game? I just looked. Five more wins and we beat Minnesota and play another game in the btt.

Last edited by tanfan! on 2017-03-13, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 23:18

tanfan! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Donnelley tears it up

How many close games we lost this year are wins if tum scored 8 to 12 a game?

Or winston or Ward guard somebody? Or Goins isn't Goins, or McQuaid is a better shot. We can kill ourselves Tanner. You can just blame Tum, that's fine, but the team is a year away, it was never going to be much better than this. It takes time for a team to grow, in the meantime it's aggravating to watch. You guys are specifically going after one guy. It's never that way. But I understand the need to do it. So be it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-13, 23:21

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Or winston or Ward guard somebody? Or Goins isn't Goins, or McQuaid is a better shot. We can kill ourselves Tanner. You can just blame Tum, that's fine, but the team is a year away, it was never going to be much better than this. It takes time for a team to grow, in the meantime it's aggravating to watch. You guys are specifically going after one guy. It's never that way. But I understand the need to do it. So be it.

The other two score and can get hot. Tum is worthless on the offensive side and we needed another guard to score this year. But we are a year away. Need a couple of bigs and bridges to return.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-13, 23:23

You go to war with the army that you have, not the army that you don't have.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-13, 23:30

tanfan! wrote:
DWags wrote:

The other two score and can get hot. Tum is worthless on the offensive side and we needed another guard to score this year. But we are a year away. Need a couple of bigs and bridges to return.

Sometimes you get what you wish for.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-14, 08:30

DWags wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

You seriously think we lost 14 games this year because of those two on D? LOLZ!!!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-14, 10:32

We suck because our offense is really bad. We rank 210 in points per game. We rank 287 in team free throw %. Not sure on turnovers but it's bad. We held Maryland and Minny to low enough point totals to win but offense let us down.

So we don't score a lot because we miss free throws and turn it over. But also because we have bad guard play.

This is Izzos worst offensive team he's ever had.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-14, 10:33

The_Dude wrote:We suck because our offense is really bad. We rank 210 in points per game. We rank 287 in team free throw %. Not sure on turnovers but it's bad. We held Maryland and Minny to low enough point totals to win but offense let us down.

So we don't score a lot because we miss free throws and turn it over. But also because we have bad guard play.

This is Izzos worst offensive team he's ever had.

You should be on ESPN.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next