Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Cave vs. Gentleman's Parlor

+15
CaptainSlow33
Triple Sparty
Blanch32
xsanguine
Dendrobates
Cameron
I.B. Fine
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
Jake from State Farm
BleacherSwill
DWags
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

V.I.P Re: Man Cave vs. Gentleman's Parlor

Post by DWags 2017-03-15, 00:02

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Couple questions regarding your made up scenario brah:  after the lady tells the guy "this is your space honey" does she then declare the rest for herself with a "stay out" type warning?  You've really only given us one line of a made up speech between couples and I find your train of thought fascinating here. So thanks. Or, can I assume she's being benevolent deferring a whole section of the house to her spouse with the understanding that the rest will be shared equally?  It's an interesting conversation you've thought up here and I'd love to read your conclusion.  

Finally, the last line intrigues me also. If you want to be alone don't you kind of need to go to a specific spot, or do some guys say "get the fuck out everybody, it's alone time for me"?  

My life is way more boring than most so I am interested.

The sub-text is...."here is your little room to 'decorate' like a 12 year old boy and the rest I have the definitive say in."

When I want to be alone I just go to a place no one is currently occupying. There isn't any forethought.

It wasn't meant to be that deep. Just an opinion on the concept.

Man, that would suck to be in a relationship like that. I see your point. It's way better when you do things together. I guess I've been lucky and it's my assumption that you work on house shit together. To be honest, I'm glad my wife makes color and picture and design decisions but has always been good enough to ask me my opinion too. Maybe she's always talked me into shit and I've never realized it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

V.I.P Re: Man Cave vs. Gentleman's Parlor

Post by xsanguine 2017-03-15, 00:10

Edit: Oops, didn't get to the rest.

Nah, I agree. There's a lot of shit I let the wife do because she cares about it and I don't really care about it. If she weren't around I'd probably have to care enough to at least make a decision.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2