Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.

+3
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.  Empty Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.

Post by DWags Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 20:06

Obviously these judges don't know shit. So, let's get rid of them and ban these refugees.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.  Empty Re: Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 20:14

What's next?

Firing all Federal Judges to make way for new ones who want to make America great again
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.  Empty Re: Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.

Post by Guest Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 21:38

Stupid to make a ruling based on campaign statements, which again the judge referenced. It'll get overturned eventually but in the meantime the activist judges get to do their part to "stop Trump" and have their 15 minutes. fuck the rule of law.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 21:44

LooseGoose wrote:Stupid to make a ruling based on campaign statements, which again the judge referenced. It'll get overturned eventually but in the meantime the activist judges get to do their part to "stop Trump" and have their 15 minutes. fuck the rule of law.

Said that like only one side has activist judges. Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 22:04

LooseGoose wrote:Stupid to make a ruling based on campaign statements, which again the judge referenced. It'll get overturned eventually but in the meantime the activist judges get to do their part to "stop Trump" and have their 15 minutes. fuck the rule of law.

This one will get overturned? Or the first one?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:14

Core American values win again. Where is this extreme vetting we've been promised? Too busy yelling at Snoop Dogg? No time to actually do his job?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:14

I'm sorry you hate the Constitution.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 0:39

Comrade Goosechev doing his part to keep Muslims out of Oscoda County
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 1:04

LooseGoose wrote:Stupid to make a ruling based on campaign statements, which again the judge referenced.   It'll get overturned eventually but in the meantime the activist judges get to do their part to "stop Trump" and have their 15 minutes.   fuck the rule of law.
Care to quote from the ruling, or at least share a link? Because I suspect the ruling was based on quite a lot more than just campaign statements, even if they were referenced. Just because a judge makes a ruling you personally disagree with doesn't necessarily make that judge an activist judge.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 2:44

They'll litigate this one. Perhaps wait till they get their activist judge on the Supreme Court. It'll happen within the next two years while racists run the country. Why not ban sand vet everyone? That would pass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:05

BTW, If the courts are making a decision on what Trump said, and not the law, I have to agree with goose and the activist judges. I don't think it's possible to make that decision based on what a candidate said. Base it on facts of law. And Goose, if you think only one side has activist judges, you're off your rocker. I do agree, we have corrupted the court system somewhat in the U.S., but I also don't have an answer. Judges are human beings, they're going to interpret things with a slant.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:11

Remember Comrade Goosechev is the same poster who was defending the GOP's idea to let the SCOTUS number drop to 8-7 or fewer members if Hillary Clinton had been elected.

Comrade Goosechev's rants about activist judges would be MIA if some Federal judge overturned Roe v Wade tomorrow..
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:16

In his world, what's good for the goose is never good for the gander if you're a democrat. That's why we're in a place like we are in America. We hate each other and frankly its because guys like Goose don't see things holistically, it's myopic and it's where we are. And it's not just the right, it's uncompromising leftists also.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:50

I love it when over and over I'm the only partisan here. You people are blind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:54

LooseGoose wrote:I love it when over and over I'm the only partisan here.   You people are blind.

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve either one.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 11:54

Comrade Goosechev thinks someone's going to steal his leader dog.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 14:34

LooseGoose wrote:I love it when over and over I'm the only partisan here. You people are blind.

now you know what the rath of the The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria feels like. you made your bed bro....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 14:45

LooseGoose wrote:I love it when over and over I'm the only partisan here. You people are blind.

Court stops Trumps ban temporarily again.  502811600

You called Trump an "asshole", and then seemed to change your tune when they slapped that (R) next to his name on the ballot.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 14:57

That right wing zealot  Rolling Eyes  Alan Dershowitz seems to agree with Trump that the Hawaii judge is putting politics over the law.
Dershowitz: Supreme Court Will Find Trump Travel Order Constitutional, Even Without Gorsuch

Interestingly, Dershowitz disagrees with the need for the ban, but says Trump does have the right to enact it.
Even "assholes" can know what they're talking about, right, Nigel?

And I believe if you polled honest legal scholars, they would agree that Roe v Wade was a bad legal decision. They'd also probably agree that it's very unlikely to ever be overturned.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:05

I.B. Fine wrote:That right wing zealot  Rolling Eyes  Alan Dershowitz seems to agree with Trump that the Hawaii judge is putting politics over the law.
Dershowitz: Supreme Court Will Find Trump Travel Order Constitutional, Even Without Gorsuch

Interestingly, Dershowitz disagrees with the need for the ban, but says Trump does have the right to enact it.
Even "assholes" can know what they're talking about, right, Nigel?

And I believe if you polled honest legal scholars, they would agree that Roe v Wade was a bad legal decision. They'd also probably agree that it's very unlikely to ever be overturned.

You're kind of bouncing all over the place.

Check with the guy who called Trump an "asshole".
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:09

IB, I think about 8 posts up, I agree with Dershowitz. You can't use what a candidate has stupidly said to get his knuckle dragging base fired up to vote for them. You have to base the ban on law not on words of a racist predator like Trump. We all know why he used "Radical Muslim" over and over it cowtow's to our lowest form of citizen in our country. We know his ban is based on a shallow form of racism but it doesn't matter, you can't base your decisions on words spoken, which both seem to have used in this case.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:16

DWags wrote:IB, I think about 8 posts up, I agree with Dershowitz. You can't use what a candidate has stupidly said to get his knuckle dragging base fired up to vote for them. You have to base the ban on law not on words of a racist predator like Trump. We all know why he used "Radical Muslim" over and over it cowtow's to our lowest form of citizen in our country. We know his ban is based on a shallow form of racism but it doesn't matter, you can't base your decisions on words spoken, which both seem to have used in this case.
I noticed that, but I also noticed a lot of 'ends justify the means' back slapping over this restraining order.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:23

DWags wrote:IB, I think about 8 posts up, I agree with Dershowitz. You can't use what a candidate has stupidly said to get his knuckle dragging base fired up to vote for them. You have to base the ban on law not on words of a racist predator like Trump. We all know why he used "Radical Muslim" over and over it cowtow's to our lowest form of citizen in our country. We know his ban is based on a shallow form of racism but it doesn't matter, you can't base your decisions on words spoken, which both seem to have used in this case.

Many people said the first order would hold up if/when it went to the Supreme Court. But, the 2nd order seemed to (somewhat) indicate there were problems with the 1st order (that might face issues in court).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:29

I.B. Fine wrote:
I noticed that, but I also noticed a lot of 'ends justify the means' back slapping over this restraining order.

If we have any thing left in this country, I hope our court system bases judgements on law not on words or political slant. We know that's bullsit but we still hope.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down