Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn't just check out the other board

+17
Ass Dan
Blanch32
Stoops21
Giant Moose
SPARTASOTAN
Sponge Worthy
Punisher98
Robert J Sakimano
Bizarro Fletch
tTito
WCS
DWags
InTenSity
Keith Stone
Frank Ricard
Turtleneck
NigelUno
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I didn't just check out the other board Empty I didn't just check out the other board

Post by NigelUno 04/06/14, 08:45 pm

Sign in here please...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I didn't just check out the other board Empty Re: I didn't just check out the other board

Post by Turtleneck 04/06/14, 08:52 pm

I did, but I was looking for free software downloads, streaming soccer matches, and cheap high quality sports jerseys.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I didn't just check out the other board Empty Re: I didn't just check out the other board

Post by NigelUno 04/06/14, 08:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I did, but I was looking for free software downloads, streaming soccer matches, and cheap high quality sports jerseys.

Seems harmless enough.

How long did nedgo ban you for?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 04/06/14, 09:03 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Seems harmless enough.

Somewhere between 2 and 288 years.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 05/06/14, 05:14 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Somewhere between 2 and 288 years.

I don't remember you on the other board, but over here you've been a surprisingly solid poster. Which could also be interpreted as you're a flaming asshole, but in a good way.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 05/06/14, 07:51 am

I was told I was banned from that board for 31 days... 38 days later I'm still banned.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 05/06/14, 08:06 am

I was told I was banned for 30 days. 2 months later I'm still banned. 

Keith Stone, I'm guessing if you mentioned or implied that there was an alternative (which Trevor always tells people to go find if they don't like it there), that he permabanned you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 05/06/14, 08:25 am

Paid up through August 14. I have a blast on the UM/MSU thread. Will do that till then. Then I'll go out in a blaze of glory. But that's the BB.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 05/06/14, 08:30 am

InTenSity wrote:I was told I was banned for 30 days. 2 months later I'm still banned. 

Keith Stone, I'm guessing if you mentioned or implied that there was an alternative (which Trevor always tells people to go find if they don't like it there), that he permabanned you.

**** those guys!
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 05/06/14, 08:35 am

I got a really shitty PM from Nedgo so I canceled my subscription and haven't logged in since.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 05/06/14, 08:45 am

InTenSity wrote:I was told I was banned for 30 days. 2 months later I'm still banned. 

That is quite nice of him.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 05/06/14, 08:48 am

I read the other board every day and frequently post on it. I guess I'm not one of the cool rebels who hate that place so much they talk about it nonstop.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 05/06/14, 08:48 am

Let's not throw Trevor under the bus.

It was probably his wife.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 05/06/14, 08:52 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I read the other board every day and frequently post on it.  I guess I'm not one of the cool rebels who hate that place so much they talk about it nonstop.  

I didn't just check out the other board 4113017228 (wrong thread, bro)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t771-just-checked-out-tother-board
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 05/06/14, 09:06 am

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I read the other board every day and frequently post on it.  I guess I'm not one of the cool rebels who hate that place so much they talk about it nonstop.  
I found the site in 2003, I finally created an account in 2005. I donated around 2007, stopped around 2008. Reupped the donate before the move and paid for 3.5 years. I am apparently perma banned without explanation and feel a little jaded by the experience, since Trevor had zero problems keeping my money. The least that could have been done, is an email with an explanation and then instructions in how to cancel, but that doesn't happen. So congrats on being a cool kid. I don't think I even have a reputation, and even less of a reputation as a troll, but because I was vocal about how shitty the technology was over there, I was shoo'd away. So, in closing, I hope that place fails.

I didn't just check out the other board 3742235224
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 05/06/14, 09:11 am

NigelUno wrote:

Seems harmless enough.

he seems like a great guy to have a beer with..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 05/06/14, 09:13 am

InTenSity wrote:
I found the site in 2003, I finally created an account in 2005. I donated around 2007, stopped around 2008. Reupped the donate before the move and paid for 3.5 years. I am apparently perma banned without explanation and feel a little jaded by the experience, since Trevor had zero problems keeping my money. The least that could have been done, is an email with an explanation and then instructions in how to cancel, but that doesn't happen. So congrats on being a cool kid. I don't think I even have a reputation, and even less of a reputation as a troll, but because I was vocal about how shitty the technology was over there, I was shoo'd away. So, in closing, I hope that place fails.

Hard to blame you. In addition to the technology fails, inconsistent and downright shitty moderating is definitely an issue over there.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 05/06/14, 09:13 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

To be fair, you feel that way about all of the people you interact with on the internet..
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 05/06/14, 09:41 am

InTenSity wrote:

Very similar experience. I had to PM a mod to find out why I was banned. Just told that someone "higher up than him" had placed me on a 31 day blackout. PSHHHH don't lie - its a permaban for mentioning this site.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 05/06/14, 09:57 am

tTito wrote:I got a really shitty PM from Nedgo so I canceled my subscription and haven't logged in since.

Yeah he would send me PMs to everyone and try and claim he was diplomatic because he was "warning" posters instead of just straight banning them like other mods would. Nedgo is the only mod that ever banned me on 247 or old school Tailgate.

Nedgo in my opinion pushed enough people over that he ruined Barnes' board. I like Barnes too, seems like a good guy. Nedgo got on a power trip and chased off solid posters.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 05/06/14, 09:59 am

InTenSity wrote:

Yeah that is shitty. I would've been furious had I been you.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 05/06/14, 10:01 am

Punisher98 wrote:

Yeah he would send me PMs to everyone and try and claim he was diplomatic because he was "warning" posters instead of just straight banning them like other mods would. Nedgo is the only mod that ever banned me on 247 or old school Tailgate.

Nedgo in my opinion pushed enough people over that he ruined Barnes' board. I like Barnes too, seems like a good guy. Nedgo got on a power trip and chased off solid posters.
in another thread where Trevor is talking about how great tRCMB is.. and really, really emphasizing it.. I mean, it's a really great board and he's really pleased with the direction it's taking.. really.. he mentions that the Guadalajara Gringo has decided to "take a step away" from the board.. or at least as mod.. I wasn't sure.. I was too busy laughing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 05/06/14, 10:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
in another thread where Trevor is talking about how great tRCMB is.. and really, really emphasizing it.. I mean, it's a really great board and he's really pleased with the direction it's taking.. really.. he mentions that the Guadalajara Gringo has decided to "take a step away" from the board.. or at least as mod.. I wasn't sure.. I was too busy laughing.

But, someone told me that Nacho almost immediately replied in one of those cross thread/board discussions on the other board. Seems odd that a guy taking a step away would coincidentally show up at that moment to talk about people playing the victim card (as I was told he did).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 05/06/14, 10:41 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah I called him out for banning you once and he threatened that he was going to ban me for two months if I brought it up again. It was nice watching the board crumble over there as this rose up as an alternative. All of a sudden nobody had to give a shit what he thought anymore.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 05/06/14, 10:56 am

I'm guilty of being a crossdres..er..crossboarder..

I can't help myself  Neutral 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 05/06/14, 12:23 pm

Punisher98 wrote:

Yeah I called him out for banning you once and he threatened that he was going to ban me for two months if I brought it up again. It was nice watching the board crumble over there as this rose up as an alternative. All of a sudden nobody had to give a shit what he thought anymore.

I didn't just check out the other board 1211393
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN 05/06/14, 12:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

At a superhero convention
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN 05/06/14, 12:36 pm

Punisher98 wrote:

He was simply a superhero fighting the criminal posters. It was his calling. I accept that.

Last edited by SPARTASOTAN on 05/06/14, 03:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 05/06/14, 12:40 pm

SPARTASOTAN wrote:
He was simply a superhero fight the criminal posters. It was his calling. I accept that.
Fighting sarcasm one villain at a time!
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 05/06/14, 12:43 pm

DWags wrote:Paid up through August 14. I have a blast on the UM/MSU thread. Will do that till then. Then I'll go out in a blaze of glory. But that's the BB.

Whoa I never go on the blue board but just saw that thread. I will be going on there soon to talk about rape cover ups and their inability to run the ball. That should get me banned forever.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 05/06/14, 01:09 pm

Punisher98 wrote:

I know that my banning, the subsequent outcry (not just for me, but for others, as well) and the evolution of this board was pretty much a coincidence.. but the timing of the confluence of all these things is nothing short of glorious.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 05/06/14, 02:18 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I know that my banning, the subsequent outcry (not just for me, but for others, as well) and the evolution of this board was pretty much a coincidence.. but the timing of the confluence of all these things is nothing short of glorious.
It was lame how other mods agreed that you shouldn't be banned but did not want to step on another mod's toes -- "We know this is wrong but we're going to do nothing about it!" Maybe they can get jobs at Penn State?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 05/06/14, 02:20 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I read the other board every day and frequently post on it. I guess I'm not one of the cool rebels who hate that place so much they talk about it nonstop.

Ah the privileged Sunshine's blower...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 05/06/14, 02:23 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

.. And it's cool to post on both boards. An alternative was needed....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 05/06/14, 02:53 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
It was lame how other mods agreed that you shouldn't be banned but did not want to step on another mod's toes -- "We know this is wrong but we're going to do nothing about it!" Maybe they can get jobs at Penn State?
and the Mexico City Mad Man (who is a really nice guy and would be fun to have a beer with) offered, apparently, to unban me if he could then ban me for October.. or something like that.. so, apparently, whatever egregious behavior or action I recklessly participated in was so egregious that the Gringo from Guadalajara was open to unbanning me and then randomly banning me, like, 6 months later..  

I didn't just check out the other board 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 05/06/14, 02:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
and the Mexico City Mad Man (who is a really nice guy and would be fun to have a beer with) offered, apparently, to unban me if he could then ban me for October.. or something like that.. so, apparently, whatever egregious behavior or action I recklessly participated in was so egregious that the Gringo from Guadalajara was open to unbanning me and then randomly banning me, like, 6 months later..  

I didn't just check out the other board 502811600

This is the kind of stuff that you SHOULDN'T talk about on your podcast, because it's boring.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 05/06/14, 03:05 pm

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

This is the kind of stuff that you SHOULDN'T talk about on your podcast, because it's boring.
tell your friend, the Gringo from Guadalajara, that I'll have not only my own board here but a podcast coming soon.. I'm sure when he's not out having beer and sharing the wealth of his personality with those less fortunate, he'll be happy to tune in.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 05/06/14, 03:14 pm

NigelUno wrote:

I didn't just check out the other board 1211393
What is happening here? Is that JLS era assistant?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 05/06/14, 03:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
It's our new catcher from Mexico City. Check him out down at Kobs Field next year.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 05/06/14, 03:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

The posters are posting their asses off, and the mods are screwing it up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next