Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So yeah, I got my mate pregnant on purpose and men are idiots.

+16
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Blanch32
y2kMgrad
Death Roe
The Pantry
Stoops21
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
DWags
MSU addict
Izzo Court
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

V.I.P Re: So yeah, I got my mate pregnant on purpose and men are idiots.

Post by MSU addict 10/04/17, 04:22 pm

Dendrobates wrote:You men have it all so much fucking easier. But if I wanted my damn tubes tied, no one is this fucking country would do it. Freedom my ass.
Our daughter was born via emergency C-section.

When we were in the operating room, the OB/GYN asked my wife if she wanted her tubes tied.

I mean on one level it really makes sense, as you are already in there.

Just a really weird decision to make in seconds without having thought about it prior.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 10/04/17, 05:08 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Or it's just the law of averages that worked in your favor. It's not like a woman can get pregnant at any time. You have a little over 3 weeks every month where she can go at it willy nilly with your willy nutting inside her, and have no chance of getting pregnant. If the girl knows her body well enough to be aware of that, and avoid those days, then it doesn't matter if you pull out or not. If she isn't aware, or doesn't care, then you hope your 95% reliable pull out method works. But her having about 20% of the month in the Danger Zone, and you having a 5% chance of leaving some boys behind, put the odds in your favor.

I would never trust the pull out method. There can still be live sperm in the pre-cum. And even when a woman is in tuned with her body and "knows" when she's ovulating, it's still not the accurate. Even those ovulation strips have a decent amount of error. In addition, why the fuck would you trust a woman to "know" when she ovulates. Fuck that. You can't trust women, and your body can decide to do it's own fucking thing one month.

I think men will definitely benefit from their own ora contraception.

You men have it all so much fucking easier. But if I wanted my damn tubes tied, no one is this fucking country would do it. Freedom my ass.
I didn't mean to encourage it. I was just saying that the law of averages work in favor of not getting pregnant if someone does the pull out method correctly. But the thing about the law of averages is that it will average out over time.

We do have it easier, no question. But why wouldn't anyone tie your tubes in this country if you wanted it? Did I miss where that was made illegal, or do doctors just not like to do it? I thought that there was more of a movement against it in order to encourage men to get snipped, just because because it's a far more simple and less dangerous procedure for a man.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/04/17, 05:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

This is exactly what I'm saying. Which is the whole point of the thread. It's not a humblebrag, I just don't understand how so many "accidents" happen.

And yes, DR, we aren't married and I don't like the term "girlfriend" so I used he term. "Mate".

You guys are ruiners.

We're not married. Can I be your mate too?

Well, unless I really don't know anything about you, I don't think it would work. You see, I'm not British.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/04/17, 05:27 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:You men have it all so much fucking easier. But if I wanted my damn tubes tied, no one is this fucking country would do it. Freedom my ass.

When we were in the operating room, the OB/GYN asked my wife if she wanted her tubes tied.

Just a really weird decision to make in seconds without having thought about it prior.

...WELL....?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/04/17, 05:33 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Or it's just the law of averages that worked in your favor. It's not like a woman can get pregnant at any time. You have a little over 3 weeks every month where she can go at it willy nilly with your willy nutting inside her, and have no chance of getting pregnant. If the girl knows her body well enough to be aware of that, and avoid those days, then it doesn't matter if you pull out or not. If she isn't aware, or doesn't care, then you hope your 95% reliable pull out method works. But her having about 20% of the month in the Danger Zone, and you having a 5% chance of leaving some boys behind, put the odds in your favor.

I would never trust the pull out method. There can still be live sperm in the pre-cum. And even when a woman is in tuned with her body and "knows" when she's ovulating, it's still not the accurate. Even those ovulation strips have a decent amount of error. In addition, why the fuck would you trust a woman to "know" when she ovulates. Fuck that. You can't trust women, and your body can decide to do it's own fucking thing one month.

You men have it all so much fucking easier. But if I wanted my damn tubes tied, no one is this fucking country would do it. Freedom my ass.

I have never had a conversation with any partner about ovulation and the risk of unprotected sex. So it wasn't ever about "trusting" her. I always read it was an pretty reliable method if practiced correctly, and I've used it. I really think if it weren't a reliable method when done correctly, I would have gotten someone pregnant before now.

After you're fertile again, we can do some experiments if you like. You know, in the name of empirical data gathering and all that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 10/04/17, 05:51 pm

MSU addict wrote:

I hear that's pretty common after you've had a couple or at a certain age. My mom had it done while she was in the hospital after she had me.

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I didn't mean to encourage it.  I was just saying that the law of averages work in favor of not getting pregnant if someone does the pull out method correctly.  But the thing about the law of averages is that it will average out over time.

We do have it easier, no question.  But why wouldn't anyone tie your tubes in this country if you wanted it?  Did I miss where that was made illegal, or do doctors just not like to do it?  I thought that there was more of a movement against it in order to encourage men to get snipped, just because because it's a far more simple and less dangerous procedure for a man.

I was told by a physician that there isn't any doctor in this country that would tie a woman's tubes in her 20s with no kids. They just won't touch it. I still don't get it. It's not like it's malpractice, it's an elective choice. I just think docs don't believe it's possible for a woman to never want kids.

Rocinante wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I have never had a conversation with any partner about ovulation and the risk of unprotected sex.  So it wasn't ever about "trusting" her.  I always read it was an pretty reliable method if practiced correctly, and I've used it.  I really think if it weren't a reliable method when done correctly, I would have gotten someone pregnant before now.

After you're fertile again, we can do some experiments if you like.  You know, in the name of empirical data gathering and all that.

I kinda like your challenge. It's playing with fire. So yeah, I got my mate pregnant on purpose and men are idiots. - Page 2 3557613862
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 10/04/17, 05:52 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Dendrobates wrote: Fuck that. You can't trust women

My new sig. sunny

Haha, well it's true. Women are evil manipulators. That's a fact.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 10/04/17, 07:33 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

My new sig. sunny

Haha, well it's true. Women are evil manipulators. That's a fact.

We men ain't angels, either. flower
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 10/04/17, 07:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Our daughter was born via emergency C-section.

...WELL....?
The answer was no. 

My wife was 43 at the time (I had just turned 50) but as crazy as it sounds, we had not ruled out a second child.  Even crazier, we still haven't.

It was just all surreal.  My wife called me at work just after 4:00 pm saying her water had broke, my daughter was born at 5:40 pm, a month premature.

Things moved along pretty quickly and it was not something we had discussed.  If the OB/GYN would have brought it up as a possibility in one of the prior appointments we might have been prepared.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/04/17, 11:32 am

MSU addict wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

...WELL....?
The answer was no. 

My wife was 43 at the time (I had just turned 50) but as crazy as it sounds, we had not ruled out a second child.  Even crazier, we still haven't.

It was just all surreal.  My wife called me at work just after 4:00 pm saying her water had broke, my daughter was born at 5:40 pm, a month premature.

Things moved along pretty quickly and it was not something we had discussed.  If the OB/GYN would have brought it up as a possibility in one of the prior appointments we might have been prepared.

So yeah, I got my mate pregnant on purpose and men are idiots. - Page 2 1f44d
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 11/04/17, 08:32 pm

My current gf is a nurse with an IUD and it's the greatest thing ever. Theoretically one might worry about your girl getting baby crazy and getting it removed without telling you... but she's in grad school for another year minimum so I figure our relationship will implode before she ever thinks about having a baby.

I have been spoiled and don't think I could ever go back to condoms now. Maybe I should just wife her up.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 11/04/17, 08:38 pm

Condoms are for pussies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2