Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J. Geils found dead. RIP

+2
duffy munn
DWags
6 posters

Go down

J. Geils found dead.  RIP Empty J. Geils found dead. RIP

Post by DWags Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 am

Saw them at Ford field a couple summers ago. They still had it. Venue was too big but sitting fairly close, they could still rock.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wcvb.relaymedia.com/amp/article/guitarist-known-as-j-geils-found-dead-in-massachusetts-home/9263211
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

J. Geils found dead.  RIP Empty Re: J. Geils found dead. RIP

Post by duffy munn Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 am

He musta got lost. Some where down the line.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:41 pm

From the 6/18/77 concert. Found this booklet while rummaging in a box down in the basement last weekend.

J. Geils found dead.  RIP Wp_20110

J. Geils found dead.  RIP Wp_20111
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I was a fan of their hits but never went into the body of their work. Fun drinking music. Seems like I saw them in Detroit warming up for another act back in the 80s, but can't remember who.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:37 pm

DWags wrote:
Saw them at Ford field a couple summers ago. They still had it. Venue was too big but sitting fairly close, they could still rock.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wcvb.relaymedia.com/amp/article/guitarist-known-as-j-geils-found-dead-in-massachusetts-home/9263211
I was still hoping to see them. Guess I waited too long.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Snake Plissken wrote:
DWags wrote:

I was still hoping to see them. Guess I waited too long.

I guess you never thought about tomorrow, seemed like a long way away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Best live band I've ever seen. I wasn't a big fan when I went the first time, but I was after that.

I remember at Pine Knob around 82 I think, there was a bluegrass warm-up combo (2 guys). The crowd was polite mainly in anticipation, and the music wasn't bad.

In Rolling Stone magazine the next month, there was a brief bio on the combo. Peter Wolf was one of the two. I've been plugging away to find evidence of this, and can't find it.

Geils seemed to age faster than the rest, but he looked pretty prime in this video.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Not to be Debbie Downer, but quite frankly that genre of Rock 'n Roll is probably the worst of all-time, with the exception of late-80s early 90s Aerosmith. Not much of that music has really stood the test of time. That said, I know most of those albums by heart because we listened to them on recreate during the many road trips with my brothers and my dad when I was a kid. RIP

Their 80's music was why I wasn't in to them. I was 16 when I saw them at Pine Knob, not expecting a thrill, and I was totally wrong. They rocked and brought blues alive to me like it hadn't been before. And what was cool was, even the songs like Centerfold that I turned my nose up to, was awesome live. That video I posted above was from 72 before they caved a bit into pop.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down