Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories...

+7
Bonerland
MiamiSpartan
Jethro Bodeen
duffy munn
DWags
WCS
Vlad
11 posters

Go down

Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories... Empty Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories...

Post by Vlad 2014-06-05, 13:45

The good memories were always there in the back of my mind (Lo White, Percy, Krumm, Miller, Barnette, etc.), but these re-runs brought back some of the bad memories. Man those offenses....!!!  Rolling Eyes 

You intercept a QB SEVEN time at home, and manage to win by LESS THAN ONE TD?!?! WTF!?!

And TWO WHOLE COMPLETED PASSES against Iowa???

Good ol' Perles....It's was like offense didn't even matter.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories... Empty Re: Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories...

Post by WCS 2014-06-05, 13:54

JLS would have been perfect for MSU in the mid-80's...
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories... Empty Re: Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories...

Post by DWags 2014-06-05, 14:04

Vlad wrote:The good memories were always there in the back of my mind (Lo White, Percy, Krumm, Miller, Barnette, etc.), but these re-runs brought back some of the bad memories.  Man those offenses....!!!  Rolling Eyes 

You intercept a QB SEVEN time at home, and manage to win by LESS THAN ONE TD?!?!  WTF!?!

Rosebowl year. Lets bitch about it. I'm in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-06-05, 14:22

DWags wrote:

Rosebowl year.  Lets bitch about it.  I'm in.

Vlad is not happy unless he is bitching.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-05, 14:46

Vlad wrote:The good memories were always there in the back of my mind (Lo White, Percy, Krumm, Miller, Barnette, etc.), but these re-runs brought back some of the bad memories.  Man those offenses....!!!  Rolling Eyes 

You intercept a QB SEVEN time at home, and manage to win by LESS THAN ONE TD?!?!  WTF!?!

It was a hell of an improvement from the Muddy years ( who was a great Spartan but took over a program RAPED by a combination of probation, administrative neglect and a cock-sucker turn-coat Darryl Rodgers who packed-up the moving vans at midnight and left town with several top recruits- Muddy was past his prime and doomed)

Perles took a program that was on its knees and made it strong and competitive. He did what he thought put MSU in the best position to win. His belief was ball control and defense. He did a good job, but some players were glaringly underutilized ( Ingram, Rison, Coleman). But he did start passing more and ironically, those were not his best seasons.

Lets not forget- Perles was fighting to get the resources that OSU, SCum and others had at their disposal for recruiting, facilities, operations and pay. That's what the entire AD power struggle was about- getting the RESOURCES TO COMPETE. It was a noble fight that took a toll on him personally and did harm the FB team- but that was because of the battle FORCED by Dibiaggio. And by stomping his feet and being an asshole baby about things, Dibiaggio played into the hands of the asshole Detroit Media that took the dispute and made a mockery of MSU and Perles. Instead of making Perles look strong like FB Coach/AD's Schembechler and Paterno, Dibiaggio intentionally damaged Perles's reputation out of sheer ego and spite!!!

Later that battle would be fought by Saban who tired of battles with Mcphereson and the yes-men AD's. Saban just said "eat-me" and left. Not until the Dantonio hire did MSU ( Thanks to the Unity of Reasonable Minds on the BOT, Admin and AD ) begin to commit the resources to FB that were desired by Perles and Saban. ( no doubt desired by others but those two fought for the cause and took the hits to their reputations for it by being called "greedy". )

Hi- Jack!
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-06-05, 15:01

DWags wrote:

Rosebowl year.  Lets bitch about it.  I'm in.
Watching a game where we beat Michigan in route to a Rose Bowl....and Vlad focuses on the bad memories. I mean, who thinks like that?

I was watching this sex tape that I made of me and Kate Upton, but I kept thinking of this fart that she let out two weeks earlier.  Rolling Eyes 
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-05, 15:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watching a game where we beat Michigan in route to a Rose Bowl....and Vlad focuses on the bad memories.  I mean, who thinks like that?

I was watching this sex tape that I made of me and Kate Upton, but I kept thinking of this fart that she let out two weeks earlier.   Rolling Eyes 

Watching some of those Perles-era games on BTN brought back memories... 1966794946 
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonerland 2014-06-07, 13:14

We tend to blame coaches as MSU fans for our foibles. But it's university presidents that have to take the blame for our mediocre football success until recently. Wharton and DiBiaggio felt embarrassed by athletic success. Though they say the success Michigan had. They actually believed the propaganda about UM athletic success that they did it with integrity and without selling out their academic missions.

McPherson has to take a lot of blame for Saban leaving. McPherson thought MSU could win big without doing what it takes.
Bonerland
Bonerland
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-06-07, 16:55

I will always remember fondly the draw plays to Lorenzo White on 3rd and long.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-06-08, 11:48

Watching Perles ball was like the first 4-5 games last year... yeah, they won.. But ****... it sucked. Of course that was only 2 years of success, the rest of his tenure was mediocre at best.

Then he ass reamed the program for the next 20 years (violations & power struggle influence) and now has a luxury box. Fucktard.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-06-08, 12:13

It was only a matter of time until the Perles/Saban slurpers reappeared. Oooh...it was big bad DiBiaggio, oooh....it was meany McPherson.

Here's the facts boys - Perles and Saban were both busy interviewing for all sorts of NFL jobs. Neither got one, so Perles went after the only additional power he could get - A.D. while at the same time allowing his recruiting and quality of assistant coaches to severely deteriorate. Saban did the next best thing - go to an almost pro team LSU. End of stories. let it go tools.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-08, 12:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watching a game where we beat Michigan in route to a Rose Bowl....and Vlad focuses on the bad memories.  I mean, who thinks like that?

I was watching this sex tape that I made of me and Kate Upton, but I kept thinking of this fart that she let out two weeks earlier.   Rolling Eyes 

Why are you sleeping with UM fans?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-08, 14:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Watching Perles ball was like the first 4-5 games last year... yeah, they won.. But ****... it sucked. Of course that was only 2 years of success, the rest of his tenure was mediocre at best.

Then he ass reamed the program for the next 20 years (violations & power struggle influence) and now has a luxury box. Fucktard.

Just another clueless fan saying stuff you don't know much about. Sorry, you really don't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-08, 14:52

bullwrinkle wrote:It was only a matter of time until the Perles/Saban slurpers reappeared. Oooh...it was big bad DiBiaggio, oooh....it was meany McPherson.

Here's the facts boys -

Wow. Just clueless.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonerland 2014-06-08, 20:26

bullwrinkle wrote:It was only a matter of time until the Perles/Saban slurpers reappeared.  Oooh...it was big bad DiBiaggio, oooh....it was meany McPherson.  

Here's the facts boys - Perles and Saban were both busy interviewing for all sorts of NFL jobs.  Neither got one, so Perles went after the only additional power he could get - A.D.  while at the same time allowing his recruiting and quality of assistant coaches to severely deteriorate.  Saban did the next best thing - go to an almost pro team LSU.  End of stories.  let it go tools.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Wharton, DiBiaggio, and McPherson did not want to have a winning football program. Wharton was actually embarrassed about athletic success and DiBiaggio wanted to reign in college football when in fact the opposite was happening all across the country. McPherson was a Republican who didn't like Perles and Saban because they are Democrats. McPherson also didn't want to have a successful football program.

What is ironic is that the school with the better academic reputation (UM) was always willing to do what it takes to have a winning football program proving that having good academics and good football are not contradictory.
Bonerland
Bonerland
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down