Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I douche bag?

+14
Blanch32
Vlad
Dendrobates
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
Stoops21
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
kingstonlake
18 posters

Go down

Am I douche bag? Empty Am I douche bag?

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 08:40

I tell people at work we are co-workers, not friends. Now I'm your friend at work and we have a great time but I'm just not interested in hanging out outside of work. So I'm not gonna be two faced and say we're friends. I get along with everybody and most of them come to me with their problems because I listen. Both work related and personal. I always donate to causes be it someone having a kid, or a death in the family etc. But I'm firm that I wouldn't hang out with anyone outside of the workplace. I guess it's because I have enough in my life already friend wise and family wise that it consumes my time enough.

Am I a douche bag?

Troll responses welcome.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Am I douche bag? Empty Re: Am I douche bag?

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-20, 08:45

I can agree with most of that... I keep work friends in work environments. Whenever I've been asked to go out or something, I usually decline because I do have other things planned.

You're not a douchebag. I like to keep work confined to work as well. Leave everything else at the door when you walk in, take it all back when you walk out.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-04-20, 08:49

Yes, but admitting the problem is the first step.

...what was all that shit about work again?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 08:52

Death Roe wrote:I can agree with most of that... I keep work friends in work environments. Whenever I've been asked to go out or something, I usually decline because I do have other things planned.

You're not a douchebag. I like to keep work confined to work as well. Leave everything else at the door when you walk in, take it all back when you walk out.

It does annoy me though and I'm up front about it, when the parents bring in order forms for girl scout cookies, sports shit, and fund raisers. Will not donate. Unless it involves the kids performing some sort of activity for the donation. Don't sit on your gaming console while mom runs around performing the leg work for you. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-20, 08:56

Depends. Are we we talking about any women rated 8 -10 on the normal 10 scale? Because while I would generally agree with compartmentalizing, I would be flexible here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 09:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Depends. Are we we talking about any women rated 8 -10 on the normal 10 scale? Because while I would generally agree with compartmentalizing, I would be flexible here.

This does add a dynamic worth considering.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-20, 09:15

I consider a lot of my co-workers "friends" but only in a co-worker sense. I could count on one hand the amount of times I've hung out with any of them outside of work.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-20, 09:18

The occasional after work outing is good. Maybe 2-3 times a year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-20, 09:26

I don't think its a DB move. I basically do the same, but a lot of that is where I live and wanting to get home to the family.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-20, 09:44

Is there going to be a poll?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-04-20, 09:49

Guess it depends on your work environment. My work everyone gets along for the most part and we do a happy hour every couple of weeks. That's about it. If you have established you don't wish to participate in outings outside of work nobody should hold it against you.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-20, 10:07

I don't think you're a douchebag. When I was in offices I spent more time with my coworkers than I did anyone else in my life. These weren't people I chose to be around, but people that I was forced to be near because I love money. The last thing I wanted to do was encourage spending time together outside of work more than once or twice a year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-20, 10:22

I think it's weird to place limits on it. If you like them hang out with them. If you don't, don't.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 10:38

I'm really disappointed in the lack of troll responses.

Honest opinions​ were/are appreciated, but Jesus what's a guy gotta do?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-20, 10:39

kingstonlake wrote:I'm really disappointed in the lack of troll responses.

Honest opinions​ were/are appreciated, but Jesus what's a guy gotta do?
Start a thread about how great the next season is going to be and that recruiting is even better. That might draw them out.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-04-20, 10:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I consider a lot of my co-workers "friends" but only in a co-worker sense. I could count on one hand the amount of times I've hung out with any of them outside of work.
So Bob, are you saying we are not real friends, but only message board "friends".

huh - I never saw that one coming. I guess we will stop having Swill gatherings in your driveway, while you are out riding your bike & not going Up North.

And to answer the OP question - you are a douche, maybe not for that work shit; but posting on message boards is a sure give away.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-04-20, 11:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think it's weird to place limits on it. If you like them hang out with them. If you don't, don't.

This is how I feel. Your logic makes sense, except what if you think you would have a good time hanging out with someone?

I've had plenty of coworkers where I like them at work, but wouldn't do anything outside of work. But I have a few friends that I met working together, and I'm glad we hung out and are still friends.

I also wonder if it's more a guy issue. Seems easier for women to hang out with whomever.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-20, 11:08

If the group that's going out is a fun bunch, I join in. But it really depends on the mix. I work with a lot of fellow Spartans. Those are fun gatherings because we like to badmouth our alma mater and talk about the right ways to fire MD and Izzo all night.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-20, 12:57

kingstonlake wrote:I tell people at work we are co-workers, not friends. Now I'm your friend at work and we have a great time but I'm just not interested in hanging out outside of work. So I'm not gonna be two faced and say we're friends. I get along with everybody and most of them come to me with their problems because I listen. Both work related and personal. I always donate to causes be it someone having a kid, or a death in the family etc. But I'm firm that I wouldn't hang out with anyone outside of the workplace. I guess it's because I have enough in my life already friend wise and family wise that it consumes my time enough.

Am I a douche bag?

Troll responses welcome.

Yes because you are Nigel's bitch
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-20, 13:25

Blanch32 wrote:

Am I douche bag? 1362440668 tanfan
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-20, 13:26

Nordic wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Am I douche bag? 1362440668 Moose
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-20, 13:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think it's weird to place limits on it. If you like them hang out with them. If you don't, don't.

That is about as easy as it gets.

BTW, I work from home (or on the road) so you guys are basically my co-workers when I'm in the "office". And no, I don't want to go out for beers tonight.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-20, 13:29

Death Roe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Am I douche bag? 1362440668 Moose

Did I throw a temper tantrum that I don't remember?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-20, 13:30

No, I was joining you in this crusade.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 13:35

kingstonlake wrote:I tell people at work we are co-workers, not friends. Now I'm your friend at work and we have a great time but I'm just not interested in hanging out outside of work. So I'm not gonna be two faced and say we're friends. I get along with everybody and most of them come to me with their problems because I listen. Both work related and personal. I always donate to causes be it someone having a kid, or a death in the family etc. But I'm firm that I wouldn't hang out with anyone outside of the workplace. I guess it's because I have enough in my life already friend wise and family wise that it consumes my time enough.

Am I a douche bag?

Troll responses welcome.

1. Douchbag? Sure. Why not?

2. I've worked with people to hang out with, I've worked with people I've hated. I worked with one lady who was so despised, that we decided if anyone had to go on an emergency plane trip in terrible weather, we'd all chip in a buy this lady a plane ticket to sit next to you. She was so evil we figured she'd never die. So, the plane was safe.

Anyway, don't date anybody from work, don't even have a one night stand. But hanging out, there are some great people you probably work with.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 13:36

BTW, here's the question: Have you ever found out the cool people in your office maybe didn't invite you?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-20, 13:38

Vlad wrote:If the group that's going out is a fun bunch, I join in. But it really depends on the mix. I work with a lot of fellow Spartans. Those are fun gatherings because we like to badmouth our alma mater and talk about the right ways to fire MD and Izzo all night.
Honestly, I never would have guessed that you work with The Dude, Blanch, and Herbie. What are the odds?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-20, 13:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Vlad wrote:If the group that's going out is a fun bunch, I join in. But it really depends on the mix. I work with a lot of fellow Spartans. Those are fun gatherings because we like to badmouth our alma mater and talk about the right ways to fire MD and Izzo all night.
Honestly, I never would have guessed that you work with The Dude, Blanch, and Herbie. What are the odds?

I want to know if Herbie is like the guy from Clerks, "Tell 'em Steve-Dave!"
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-04-20, 13:41

Every time I try to hang out with someone from work she slaps me with a restraining order.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-20, 13:43

I agree with this. If they're friends, it's not exactly dipping your pen in the company ink (though I guess I don't know what you do with your non-work friends). If someone is cool and you get along, don't let the stigma of working with them make you refuse to hang out with them.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down