Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche?

+5
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
tig ol bitties
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Being proud of the way a team of millionaires, that you happen to be geographically located near growing up, played in a losing effort.......

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Vote_lcap42%Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Vote_lcap58%Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Empty Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche?

Post by tig ol bitties 2016-01-17, 20:19

Crusin' the net after this round of NFL playoffs, I noticed a weird theme where a large number of fans were proud of the way "their" team played. Never grew up emotionally attached to a pro team so this seems really weird to me.

Phrases like this:

"I'm so proud of the way our guys played"

"They showed so much heart out there fighting through all the injuries"

"They battled like true steelers today"
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Empty Re: Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-17, 22:33

It doesn't make much sense but the older I get the more I think it's weird to root hardcore for pro teams.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? Empty Re: Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche?

Post by Guest 2016-01-17, 22:35

I'll be buried in my XFL jersey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-17, 22:39

You guys are wayyyyyyy over thinking this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-17, 23:24

DWags wrote:You guys are wayyyyyyy over thinking this.

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 1486952199
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-17, 23:27

I overthink a lot of things. Which is why this board is going #factonly from here on out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-17, 23:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I overthink a lot of things. Which is why this board is going #factonly from here on out.

That's you opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-17, 23:28

gHost Spartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 1486952199
'sup Dude how you doing braah?

Just kickin it before the work week starts brosef. Have some friends coming to town next weekend for the auto show. They are big car guys. Will be a fun party weekend. Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 969504605
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-17, 23:28

I don'the care either way.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-17, 23:29

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

That's you opinion.

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 3pduul
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-17, 23:29

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

That's you opinion.

No, that's fact.

#FactFact
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-17, 23:55

I don't particularly get it re: pro teams but I can't really judge them when I'm pretty hardcore myself with MSU. Yeah it's different because we went to school for at least 4 years there, etc etc but that is just our justification to be so emotionally invested in it. With that said, when I was younger I was pretty invested into the Pistons but not so much anymore. I root for them but it won't stick with me like a MSU loss would.

Everyone has their thing and if they aren't an asshole/douche about it - chances are I really won't hate on it.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:02

I hate it when people don't think, act, and talk exactly like me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 01:03

Most people, like a large majority of people, didn't go to a school that has a competitive athletic department the way that we all had the privilege of doing. The emotional attachment for them is all they have.

Also, the rest of the world doesn't really have college sports the way we do. If there were a world wide poll, we'd be the weird ones. Not the people that find attachment to pro franchises.

Also, like otpt said, you do you. Whatever man.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It doesn't make much sense but the older I get the more I think it's weird to root hardcore for pro teams.

So old. So bitter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 01:07

Turtleneck wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It doesn't make much sense but the older I get the more I think it's weird to root hardcore for pro teams.

So old. So bitter.

Are you mocking me? :(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So old. So bitter.

Are you mocking me? :(

No. Do you want me to? Is that something you want? I'll do it for you if it makes you happy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 01:09

No. I love you. Plus the board has been awfully hostile since the Wisconsin loss, I've had enough. More flowers, fun, and other hippy shit. I like hippy shit. Good vibes, only, bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 01:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No. I love you. Plus the board has been awfully hostile since the Wisconsin loss, I've had enough. More flowers, fun, and other hippy shit. I like hippy shit. Good vibes, only, bro.

Eat shit otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No. I love you. Plus the board has been awfully hostile since the Wisconsin loss, I've had enough. More flowers, fun, and other hippy shit. I like hippy shit. Good vibes, only, bro.

Somebody needs to explain to the team what their losing does to this community.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:13

There was a hippie chick at the radio station where I worked back in the 90's. She always wore patchouli. Jeez, it smelled good on her. Wish I could have banged her in my late-60's VW Microbus, but I didn't own a late-60's VW Microbus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 01:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Eat shit otpt

Only if it's yours.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:15

tGreenWay wrote:

There was a hippie chick at the radio station where I worked back in the 90's. She always wore patchouli. Jeez, it smelled good on her. Wish I could have banged her in my late-60's VW Microbus, but I didn't own a late-60's VW Microbus.

Hi, Tim.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 01:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Eat shit otpt

Only if it's yours.

You can eat my shit anytime.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:19

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hi, Tim.

You know I'm not Tim. I actually have opinions and wasn't afraid to share them. At least until a couple of hours ago, when this dump became a fact-based board, that is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hi, Tim.

You know I'm not Tim. I actually have opinions and wasn't afraid to share them. At least until a couple of hours ago, when this dump became a fact-based board, that is.

Hi, Will.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 01:25

Turtleneck wrote:

So old. So bitter.

#halfyourageoldguy
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:27

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hi, Will.

Hi.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So old. So bitter.

#halfyourageoldguy

You're under 20 with kids? Buy some condoms.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:30

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hi, Will.

Hi.

I GOT IT!!!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:31

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You got it. You got it.

Hi.

I GOT IT!!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-18, 01:34

For Turtleneck, I'm tGreenway.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 01:36

How old is turtleneck? I'm very confused. I always had him pegged for 72.

Edit- I'm 31. Full disclosure.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-01-18, 01:36; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:36

This is a big discovery.

Edit: in regards to tGreenway

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-18, 01:40; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How old is turtleneck? I'm very confused. I always had him pegged for 72.

I don't know how old I am, but I think I am in my 30s. I was raised in a commune and do not know a lot about myself.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-18, 01:42

Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 502811600 For some reason I thought T-neck was old, like maybe 50's. He is very eager to point out that he is younger than I am so I have started harassing him about it.

I'm only 38. Turtle you may be like 34 but you're an old 34.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-18, 01:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fans who are proud of "their" professional teams...... Douche or No Douche? 502811600 For some reason I thought T-neck was old, like maybe 50's. He is very eager to point out that he is younger than I am so I have started harassing him about it.

I'm only 38. Turtle you may be like 34 but you're an old 34.

You are way younger than I thought you were. I for sure thought you were in your mid 40s. Sorry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:43

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How old is turtleneck? I'm very confused. I always had him pegged for 72.

I don't know how old I am, but I think I am in my 30s. I was raised in a commune and do not know a lot about myself.

You don't act a day over 70.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 01:45

Let's all fuck before we need penis pills to fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-18, 01:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Let's all fuck before we need penis pills to fuck

No can do, kemosabe. For the first time in years, I think I can actually fall asleep before 3 am. If I pop a little blue diamond, I won't be able to sleep on my stomach.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next