Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And here we go...

+19
GRR Spartan
Cameron
Nordic
CheesySpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
Blanch32
SeeRockCity
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Rocinante
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Vlad
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
kingstonlake
NigelUno
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

And here we go... Empty And here we go...

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-21, 10:46

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/04/msu_football_player_auston_rob.html
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

And here we go... Empty Re: And here we go...

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 10:51

Given a second chance after fulfilling requirements to have charges dropped. Signed on with MSU. It appears he couldn't keep clean, and if so, good riddance.

Oh, and fire DANTONIO.

That cover it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-21, 10:55

kingstonlake wrote:Given a second chance after fulfilling requirements to have charges dropped. Signed on with MSU. It appears he couldn't keep clean, and if so, good riddance.

Oh, and fire DANTONIO.

That cover it?

Better fire Izzo, Hollis and a random math professor too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Given a second chance after fulfilling requirements to have charges dropped. Signed on with MSU. It appears he couldn't keep clean, and if so, good riddance.

Oh, and fire DANTONIO.

That cover it?

Better fire Izzo, Hollis and a random math professor too.

Shit, forgot about that. Yup.

Tear down the stadium too.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-04-21, 11:00

For reference...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(2yyuyaoxjits34dlzwqmh45i))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-520d
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-21, 11:03

SawGreen wrote:For reference...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(2yyuyaoxjits34dlzwqmh45i))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-520d

And this one didn't take long for the prosecutor to decide. Stuff like this sucks for all parties involved, especially the assaulted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-21, 11:04

This one hurts the on field team pretty bad. Had a lot of potential as a DE - both as a pass rusher and holding the edge vs. the run.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 11:10

Shiiiiit, we got trolls on this board that have probably done what he was charged with in high school roaming the streets.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-21, 11:35

Oh, and fire DANTONIO.

That cover it?

And here we go... 1362440668

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 11:43

Another gamble that blew up in MD's face. How many times is that now?

And is he still recruiting high character kids. I'm beginning to have my doubts.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-21, 11:54

annnnnnnd there it is......... And here we go... 502811600

Is Vlad banned from TOB?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-21, 11:55

bad news for everyone involved and, in my opinion, the last thing people should be concerned with is how his absence might potentially impact a football team's wins and losses.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-04-21, 11:58

Well... Bye.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-21, 12:07

DWags wrote:annnnnnnd there it is..........And here we go... 502811600

Is Vlad banned from TOB?

Maybe. He's super creepy.

He probably got banned for threatening to rape someone.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-04-21, 12:13

ToB no longer exists you guys.  It's 247 now.

And here we go... IW8simF
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-21, 12:18

Hopefully the victim is ok. I worked with a guy who got convicted on basically the same thing in the state of Florida. I'm not saying this is the same situation, but basically he started dating a girl. He was 18 or 19, in FL, I'm not sure if there is a Romeo and Juliet law, but basically he even asked her for ID. She gave him a fake that said her age was either above 16 or above 18. She was 15. Her parents found out and she was forced to testify. Basically he now has to be a registered sex offender and did everything he thought he could to protect himself.
Again, not the same situation, I'm assuming. I'm also going to guess that he isn't immediately kicked off the team, because Dantonio typically waits for the trial or punishment to be handed out. I'm not sure what the laws or scholarships say about protecting the student while they are charged.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-04-21, 12:35

InTenSity wrote:Hopefully the victim is ok. I worked with a guy who got convicted on basically the same thing in the state of Florida. I'm not saying this is the same situation, but basically he started dating a girl. He was 18 or 19, in FL, I'm not sure if there is a Romeo and Juliet law, but basically he even asked her for ID. She gave him a fake that said her age was either above 16 or above 18. She was 15. Her parents found out and she was forced to testify. Basically he now has to be a registered sex offender and did everything he thought he could to protect himself.
Again, not the same situation, I'm assuming. I'm also going to guess that he isn't immediately kicked off the team, because Dantonio typically waits for the trial or punishment to be handed out. I'm not sure what the laws or scholarships say about protecting the student while they are charged.

Might be some differences in this situation
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-04-21, 12:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bad news for everyone involved and, in my opinion, the last thing people should be concerned with is how his absence might potentially impact a football team's wins and losses.

The victim is certainly due a majority of concern, but I won't castrate people for worrying about the program as well... and it is measured by wins and losses.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think people can show concern for both without being shallow.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-21, 12:40

SawGreen wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:bad news for everyone involved and, in my opinion, the last thing people should be concerned with is how his absence might potentially impact a football team's wins and losses.

The victim is certainly due a majority of concern, but I won't castrate people for worrying about the program as well... and it is measured by wins and losses.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think people can show concern for both without being shallow.

Frankly, if he's done something that ignorant, I won't worry about him at all. I'll worry about the victim, and hope for the best, but as you said, I can think about how this will effect recruiting and perception. It's legitimately a shitty situation. For the victim and MSU. For him? Let the court decide.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-21, 12:44

Thanks Bob, you are a shining example to us all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 12:45

Vlad wrote:Another gamble that blew up in MD's face. How many times is that now?

And is he still recruiting high character kids. I'm beginning to have my doubts.

I hope not all of his recruits are high character. I have no problem getting your hands dirty on a couple kids. It's the era we are in. It's NFL lite.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-04-21, 12:47

I'm sure like many here, I'd rather have a mediocre program with solid character guys than a winning program with questionable guys. That said, you have to evaluate each case on its own merits, and if this dude had people vouching for his character, admitted his mistake and was working through his program... what more can you really ask? It just didn't work out, and he may have turned out to be a dirt bag. Shit happens. All of this is not, in my opinion, an indictment of the whole program, or Dantonio.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-21, 12:48

Vlad wrote:Another gamble that blew up in MD's face. How many times is that now?

You know, I used to think you were just misunderstood. I mean, you had some cogent points from time to time and I felt that maybe you were some kind of "realist" and that you viewed your own negativity as a pragmatist's doctrine. But more and more it seems you are just trolling.

Too bad.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-21, 13:07

SeeRockCity wrote:

You know, I used to think you were just misunderstood. I mean, you had some cogent points from time to time and I felt that maybe you were some kind of "realist" and that you viewed your own negativity as a pragmatist's doctrine. But more and more it seems you are just trolling.

Too bad.

So when is Vlad going to be banned? when the west Ingham 3 get the boot or after we lose to ND in football?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-21, 13:07

Agreed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-21, 13:08

Rocinante wrote:I'm sure like many here, I'd rather have a mediocre program with solid character guys than a winning program with questionable guys. That said, you have to evaluate each case on its own merits, and if this dude had people vouching for his character, admitted his mistake and was working through his program... what more can you really ask? It just didn't work out, and he may have turned out to be a dirt bag. Shit happens. All of this is not, in my opinion, an indictment of the whole program, or Dantonio.

For every kid Dantonio takes a chance on and "misses" there are two or three who he has taken a flyer on and have done well and if it wasn't for Datonio, they wouldn't be as well off today. However when he does miss, and it's something of this nature, ti's going to of course be big.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-21, 13:09

SeeRockCity wrote:

Thanks Bob, you are a shining example to us all.
happy to help.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-21, 13:28

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I'm sure like many here, I'd rather have a mediocre program with solid character guys than a winning program with questionable guys. That said, you have to evaluate each case on its own merits, and if this dude had people vouching for his character, admitted his mistake and was working through his program... what more can you really ask? It just didn't work out, and he may have turned out to be a dirt bag. Shit happens. All of this is not, in my opinion, an indictment of the whole program, or Dantonio.

For every kid Dantonio takes a chance on and "misses" there are two or three who he has taken a flyer on and have done well and if it wasn't for Datonio, they wouldn't be as well off today. However when he does miss, and it's something of this nature, ti's going to of course be big.
I'm sorry but a 25% failure rate is simply not acceptable. shit better be 3% or less
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-21, 13:29

DWags wrote:

Do we ever hear the stories of how the kids that Coach D took a chance on beat the odds and moved on with their life and got a degree? I haven't heard many.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 13:38

kingstonlake wrote:

I hope not all of his recruits are high character. I have no problem getting your hands dirty on a couple kids. It's the era we are in. It's NFL lite.

How about 4 plus a staff member/coach? Too many? Just about right?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 13:40

Vlad wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Guess I'd have to look at other programs to make a fair evaluation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-21, 13:41

Vlad wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

How about you give us a number and then from there we'll gauge what our outrage should be.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 13:42

SeeRockCity wrote:

You know, I used to think you were just misunderstood.  I mean, you had some cogent points from time to time and I felt that maybe you were some kind of "realist" and that you viewed your own negativity as a pragmatist's doctrine.  But more and more it seems you are just trolling.  

Too bad.

You know, I don't really care what you thought of me then, or what you think of me now.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-04-21, 13:47; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 13:43

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

How about you give us a number and then from there we'll gauge what our outrage should be.

I just did. The number currently stands at 4 plus a coach (subject to change).
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-21, 13:44

Vlad wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

In that case I'm only mildly outraged. I don't pay attention to only MSU, so I realize that no program is perfect.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 13:46

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

In that case I'm only mildly outraged. I don't pay attention to only MSU, so I realize that no program is perfect.

Is that the same standard you apply to rival schools? Be honest now.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-21, 13:48

Vlad wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I judge other programs by how they project themselves. If they fall below the standard they project, then yeah I'll speak on it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-21, 13:50

kingstonlake wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I judge other programs by how they project themselves. If they fall below the standard they project, then yeah I'll speak on it.

I have no idea what that means, but ok.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-21, 13:57

Vlad wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I have no idea what that means, but ok.
If a program projects themselves as being saintly and above everything, like maybe a BYU, then if they are found out to be covering up rapes, and hiding drug use. I'll probably make fun of them. I also don't give a flying fuck about treating a rival with the same respect of the school I went to. You can kiss their asses though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-21, 14:04

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Vlad threatens to rape people. I'm not sure he can really be an accurate gauge of anything.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum