Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird shit that happened to you as a kid that still doesn't make sense

+15
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Wally Fairway
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
SawGreen
duffy munn
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weird shit that happened to you as a kid that still doesn't make sense - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird shit that happened to you as a kid that still doesn't make sense

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-04-25, 11:02

GRR Spartan wrote:My 20 year old cousin committed suicide and laid at the bottom of the basement steps when his sister found him. Her first call was to my folks because her folks were on vacation with their other 2 kids and in the '60's most rental cottages didn't have phones.

After the funeral and the parents went back to work my mother thought it would okay for me to stay with my 2 cousins who were a couple of years older.

Saw my dead cousin 3 times. Twice in the living room and once when I was going to the basement to get some laundry out of the dryer. Never said anything to my aunt or cousins but asked to go home that night.

I told my mother what I'd seen on the way home. She gave me the don't say anything look and after we got home she talked to my dad who told me to keep what I'd seen to myself.

Roll forward 15 years, 5 years after my mother died and we came across some photo's of my dead cousin with my folks when he was 2-3. My father told me that I had described the clothes my cousin was found in and had also described the way my cousin was found at the foot of the basement steps the same way his sister, my mother and dad had found him before police arrived.

From then on I do believe in ghosts but never saw my mother or father after they died.

Not when I was a kid, but my grandpa was really sick with cancer, alzheimers, and strokes at the end of his life. For the last 4 years or so he was alive, he was just kind of a babbling shell - he was alive, but he wasn't able to have a conversation with anyone, or remember anyone.

One morning when I was up at State, I got up really early (something I never did) and went to have breakfast before class (something else I never did). It was a beautiful day and I decided to leave a bit early and take the long way to class. I was crossing Adams Field, messing with my iPod and glanced up - my grandpa was standing on that path that leads from the Kalamazoo Street bridge down to the gardens. I did what I'm sure looked like a cartoon double-take and there he was - he had a big goofy grin on his face and waved at me. I blinked and he was gone. Less than a minute later, I felt my phone vibrating - I didn't need to answer it. I knew he had just died. I believe in ghosts, but I still can't fully convince myself that I saw him. I really hope that I did, but it also could have been my mind showing me what I wanted to see. Still, that part of campus will always be special to me.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Weird shit that happened to you as a kid that still doesn't make sense - Page 2 Empty Re: Weird shit that happened to you as a kid that still doesn't make sense

Post by Guest 2017-04-25, 11:10

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:My 20 year old cousin committed suicide and laid at the bottom of the basement steps when his sister found him. Her first call was to my folks because her folks were on vacation with their other 2 kids and in the '60's most rental cottages didn't have phones.

After the funeral and the parents went back to work my mother thought it would okay for me to stay with my 2 cousins who were a couple of years older.

Saw my dead cousin 3 times. Twice in the living room and once when I was going to the basement to get some laundry out of the dryer. Never said anything to my aunt or cousins but asked to go home that night.

I told my mother what I'd seen on the way home. She gave me the don't say anything look and after we got home she talked to my dad who told me to keep what I'd seen to myself.

Roll forward 15 years, 5 years after my mother died and we came across some photo's of my dead cousin with my folks when he was 2-3. My father told me that I had described the clothes my cousin was found in and had also described the way my cousin was found at the foot of the basement steps the same way his sister, my mother and dad had found him before police arrived.

From then on I do believe in ghosts but never saw my mother or father after they died.

Not when I was a kid, but my grandpa was really sick with cancer, alzheimers, and strokes at the end of his life. For the last 4 years or so he was alive, he was just kind of a babbling shell - he was alive, but he wasn't able to have a conversation with anyone, or remember anyone.

One morning when I was up at State, I got up really early (something I never did) and went to have breakfast before class (something else I never did). It was a beautiful day and I decided to leave a bit early and take the long way to class. I was crossing Adams Field, messing with my iPod and glanced up - my grandpa was standing on that path that leads from the Kalamazoo Street bridge down to the gardens. I did what I'm sure looked like a cartoon double-take and there he was - he had a big goofy grin on his face and waved at me. I blinked and he was gone. Less than a minute later, I felt my phone vibrating - I didn't need to answer it. I knew he had just died. I believe in ghosts, but I still can't fully convince myself that I saw him. I really hope that I did, but it also could have been my mind showing me what I wanted to see. Still, that part of campus will always be special to me.

Heard too many stories like this to not believe it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-25, 11:16

LooseGoose wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Heard too many stories like this to not believe it.
I had a brother that died when I was 20 (he was 22.. I think. Maybe 21).. car accident.

Anyway.. it was the whole police knocking on the door in the middle of the night thing.. then all of my extended family showing up - aunts, uncles, etc. shortly thereafter because they had heard it all on a police scanner (back when good 'ol country folk sat and listened to a police scanner... I don't know.. maybe they still do).

Once the dust settled from all of the shock, tragic stuff.. the house kind of settled down and people got back to their normal, every day lives, my Mom said she had had a dream just a couple of nights before my brother died that there was a knock at the door in the middle of the night - she answered - and it was the entire family standing on the front porch and into their front lawn.

Shocked

now, I don't really believe in stuff like that (I mean, I believe that my mom had that dream, etc - I just don't believe in it, per se) - but, like you, I've heard a ton of those stories over the years. Just never experienced them myself.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2