Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else turn the air on tonight?

+12
Rocinante
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
InTenSity
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? Empty Anybody else turn the air on tonight?

Post by y2kMgrad Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 pm

It's currently 80 in my house. That's too hot. Glad my AC still works!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? Empty Re: Anybody else turn the air on tonight?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue May 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Yep, I have it on. Freezing in the basement but can't send the kids to bed in 90 degree rooms.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? Empty Re: Anybody else turn the air on tonight?

Post by y2kMgrad Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yep, I have it on. Freezing in the basement but can't send the kids to bed in 90 degree rooms.

Yeah our 7yo came down and said she can't sleep because it's too hot in her room. That was all the motivation I needed.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue May 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Turned the HVAC off after the cold snap a couple days ago. Thermostat says 75 now.

Cracking the windows for some fresh air and turning the fan on
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 pm

My a.c. Is on every day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 17, 2017 1:27 am

It was 80 in our bedroom when my wife went to bed. She opened the window and turned on the ceiling fan. I gave her a look like she was out of her fucking mind. The air is now on and I expect it to be 70/72 when I go to sleep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 am

Probably today, by which mean 20 minutes ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 am

not a fan of summer.

that said, I'll somehow live through it like I have the previous 47 summers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 am

I wouldn't have, but pregnant wife demanded it. So yeah, it was fired up last night.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wouldn't have, but pregnant wife demanded it. So yeah, it was fired up last night.

You need to reassert your authority in that household.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wouldn't have, but pregnant wife demanded it. So yeah, it was fired up last night.

I debated. I haven't been comforting sleeping regardless, but it wasn't too bad for me last night. But another day with the weather like this, and I might have to cave.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:

You need to reassert your authority in that household.

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? 502811600 Yeah... that's gonna happen.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Speaking of A/C, my 20-year-old window units aren't working like they used to, so it's time for some replacements. I'll bet they've gotten a little more efficient since '97.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yep, I have it on. Freezing in the basement but can't send the kids to bed in 90 degree rooms.

Yeah our 7yo came down and said she can't sleep because it's too hot in her room. That was all the motivation I needed.
Pssh, kids these days. I was 15 years old before for we had A/C in the house. There were some hot ass summers, too. I remember the last summer without it, which finally got my parents to break down, the number of 90+ degree days was completely shattered (at least at that point in the late 80s).

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Speaking of A/C, my 20-year-old window units aren't working like they used to, so it's time for some replacements. I'll bet they've gotten a little more efficient since '97.

My daughter just picked up a 5,000BTU window unit yesterday for $88. You must be weak like her and need A/C.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm

So we turned the air on because it was 83 in the house. It turns out, our AC isn't working. Well, it did drop 2 degrees in 4 hours. The air is somewhat cool, but it's just not working right.

I continued our home warranty from when we bought the house, mainly because of this AC. It has to be over 20 years old and looks like a POS. I'm hoping a new one is what is needed.

Would there be a reason for a company to really fix an AC unit that old? Should I expect them to fix it, or the company to definitely say.... yes you need a new one (2"whichbmy home warranty will cover).
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed May 17, 2017 6:49 pm

If it's running but not getting cool it probably just needs refrigerant.

Sorry.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

The Pantry wrote:If it's running but not getting cool it probably just needs refrigerant.

Sorry.

Dammit.

Anyone know how I can break my AC but it just be passed as being an old POS?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:If it's running but not getting cool it probably just needs refrigerant.

Sorry.

Dammit.

A stray round from a careless hunter would do the job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Goose: I've never hidden from the fact that I would have made a terrible pioneer.

Pantry: Who would I even see about putting refrigerant in my ACs? A garden variety heating and cooling company? Why did you say Sorry? Is refrigerant expensive?

Edit: Nevermind, you were responsible to Dendro's problem. I fully understand. Always take care of those with boobs first.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed May 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Dendrobates wrote:So we turned the air on because it was 83 in the house. It turns out, our AC isn't working. Well, it did drop 2 degrees in 4 hours. The air is somewhat cool, but it's just not working right.

I continued our home warranty from when we bought the house, mainly because of this AC. It has to be over 20 years old and looks like a POS. I'm hoping a new one is what is needed.

Would there be a reason for a company to really fix an AC unit that old? Should I expect them to fix it, or the company to definitely say.... yes you need a new one (2"whichbmy home warranty will cover).

They probably can't get the right freon for it any more so you might be in luck.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Dammit.

A stray round from a careless hunter would do the job.

While that would work. I don't see that happening as I'm in the middle of a suburb.

tGreenWay wrote:Goose: I've never hidden from the fact that I would have made a terrible pioneer.

Pantry: Who would I even see about putting refrigerant in my ACs? A garden variety heating and cooling company? Why did you say Sorry? Is refrigerant expensive?

Edit: Nevermind, you were responsible to Dendro's problem. I fully understand. Always take care of those with boobs first.

Well I would be contacting my home warranty company, who picks out someone to come and I have to pay $75 regardless what they do. So I want to make it worthwhile.

And the boobies haven't grown any more yet/. But everything else has, and the heat is already being difficult.

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:So we turned the air on because it was 83 in the house. It turns out, our AC isn't working. Well, it did drop 2 degrees in 4 hours. The air is somewhat cool, but it's just not working right.

They probably can't get the right freon for it any more so you might be in luck.

Omg, I so hope you're right. I'm hoping if it's normally a simple solution, but realize it's pointless with such an old unit. I either get the full cost of a new unit or a certain amount like 3-4K for a new one. I don't remember .
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Dendro, one of the ways I know this pregnancy was an accident is the timing of it. Being that pregnant through July and August would fucking suuuuuck. Sorry.

Also, sorry your boobs haven't continued growing. Sorry for you. Sorry for us.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Freon. Reminds of a story.

Went to visit a college friend one summer in Ohio. She'd heard of a party so we went. Was at some farm outside of Findlay. Walked in the door and saw something I'd never seen before.

Know how helium makes your voice higher if you inhale a balloon? Complete opposite. Couple of Ohio stoners were inhaling freon they had filled balloons with. Can from the auto parts store was sitting right there on the table. It made their voices much lower after an inhale.

Only time I have ever seen that. Guessing they're probably long dead now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 pm

I can feel it coming in the air tonight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

My lady has tiny boobs but now they're like... less tiny.

She's been horny too.

She still won't let me fuck her in the butt though.

Sad face.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

She'd be so mad at me if she knew I posted that. She's looking at me right now guys. Gotta go.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 18, 2017 1:50 am

Just start by sticking your finger on her chair so when she sits down it accidentally goes in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu May 18, 2017 5:20 am

I turned on the air tonight, signed this guy

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu May 18, 2017 8:14 am

Rocinante wrote:She'd be so mad at me if she knew I posted that. She's looking at me right now guys. Gotta go.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 am

Great song
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 am

Turned ours on Tuesday night. Second floor apartment with only 1 window, we sort of had no choice. I turn into too much of a bitch if it's hot when I'm trying to sleep.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am

Sorry.
Probably even more likely that the capacitor blew. That's happened to me a couple of times where the air was blowing, but not cooling. I've had a guy come out to fix it twice before (about $100), but next time I will do it myself.

However, for Dendro, if it is freon, that probably means there's a leak (freon levels shouldn't just go down unless there's a leak), so don't let them cheap out and just add freon until it gets low again. If you have that home warranty thing, they'd rather pay a guy to add that every year than spend a few grand on a new one.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu May 18, 2017 11:04 am

Dendro, you are going to need a new A/C most likely.

If you want an honest assessment call the guy at Noble Heating and Cooling in Troy. Had another company (the company who installed our new $4k Trane A/C a few years earlier) come out to look at our furnace when it wasn't working. Need a new furnace they said. Gave me some quotes. Called Noble for a 2nd opinion, he came out the same day, it was a $60 part. He has forever won my business.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Sorry.
Probably even more likely that the capacitor blew.   That's happened to me a couple of times where the air was blowing, but not cooling.  I've had a guy come out to fix it twice before (about $100), but next time I will do it myself.  

However, for Dendro, if it is freon, that probably means there's a leak (freon levels shouldn't just go down unless there's a leak), so don't let them cheap out and just add freon until it gets low again. If you have that home warranty thing, they'd rather pay a guy to add that every year than spend a few grand on a new one.

So what should I say to make sure they get to the problem? I have to pay $75 regardless of what they do.

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Dendro, you are going to need a new A/C most likely.

If you want an honest assessment call the guy at Noble Heating and Cooling in Troy. Had another company (the company who installed our new $4k Trane A/C a few years earlier) come out to look at our furnace when it wasn't working. Need a new furnace they said. Gave me some quotes. Called Noble for a 2nd opinion, he came out the same day, it was a $60 part. He has forever won my business.

Problem is I don't get to choose who comes out. It's decided by my home warranty company, American Home Shield. Which I've been told by multiple people, is one of the best ones out there. So it's whomever they send to my house, and $75 on my end. So between that, and the unit being so damn old and ugly, I'm hoping they will say it's not worth to fix and say I need a new one.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Turned it on April will turn it off in October
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu May 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Rocinante wrote:My lady has tiny boobs but now they're like... less tiny.

She's been horny too.

Sad face.

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? 502811600 My wife was really horny when she was pregnant too. Like every single day. It was glorious.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 4:53 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:

She's been horny too.

Sad face.

Anybody else turn the air on tonight? 502811600 My wife was really horny when she was pregnant too. Like every single day. It was glorious.

Did she let Roc put his finger in her butt?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Did she let Roc put his finger in her butt?

Are there any butts that Roc hasn't stuck his finger in?

y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:

She's been horny too.

Sad face.

y2kMgrad wrote:

She's been horny too.

Sad face.

Been there done that but did not like the leaky boobs.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next