Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day?

+11
Three_Putt_Par
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
Watch Out Pylon!
CheesySpartan
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
DWags
Death Roe
Tim Wakefield
15 posters

Go down

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? Empty Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day?

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-05-17, 19:15

A Long Island (or two) while catching some rays is fuckin awesome.

Last edited by Tim Wakefield on 2017-05-17, 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? Empty Re: Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day?

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-17, 19:24

Tim Wakefield wrote:A Long Island (or two) while catching some rays is fuckin awesome.

Do they make a good Blue Motorcycle?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? Empty Re: Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day?

Post by Guest 2017-05-17, 19:24

Some truths remain constant for 40 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-17, 19:58

LooseGoose wrote:Some truths remain constant for 40 years.

Yep
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-17, 20:10

OP is on point.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-17, 20:45

I'll counter with the old BWW in the basement. Place had great ambiance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-17, 21:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'll counter with the old BWW in the basement. Place had great ambiance.
Dooley's basement had great ambiance.

Hit Peanut Barrel maybe twice when I was at State. Wasn't anything special back then.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-05-17, 21:21

Was a regular at PB in the mid 90s...still love it when back. El Fresco wasn't a thing then so I don't have many others to compare.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-05-17, 21:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'll counter with the old BWW in the basement. Place had great ambiance.

BW3 tuesdays...10 cent wings and dollar drafts circa 1995???
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-17, 21:30

Couple years later for me. I do remember it smelled like barf all the time and it was the first place I tried Cherry Wheat. I thought that shit was great for some reason.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-17, 21:40

Kids today have no idea about the glory of the Silver Dollar.

But yeah, Peanut Barrel's patio on warm days is the tits.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-17, 21:42

I hated the Dirty Dollar. Probably my least favorite place while I was in EL. So sleazy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-17, 21:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I hated the Dirty Dollar. Probably my least favorite place while I was in EL. So sleazy.

Oh man. That's why I loved it. Quarter beer night was a shitshow... in a good way. Nothing like filling a table up with shitty Natty Ice or whatever swill they served before prices jumped up by the next hour.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-17, 21:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I hated the Dirty Dollar. Probably my least favorite place while I was in EL. So sleazy.

The Dollar and Mac's - the prescription for a fine night.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-17, 22:20

tSwill needs a historical EL restaurant/bar thread. I'd start one but too tired after watching K-Rod blow it early this morning.

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? Pantre10

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-05-17, 23:00

The correct answer is no. The Peanut Barrel has the perfect spot for an outdoor patio in EL. Order a burger and a couple pitchers of Oberon and we'd spend all day out there in the sun. And the scenery on Grand River in the spring is fantastic.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-05-17, 23:04

Lol I lived right behind the Dirty Dollar. That place was so sketchy it almost made it awesome. I'd sit out on my deck at 2am on the weekend nights and just watch the shitshow commence when that place would let out. Good times. Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? 502811600
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-17, 23:17

You lived in EL? When?

That kind of explains a lot actually.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-05-17, 23:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You lived in EL? When?

That kind of explains a lot actually.

'03-'06. Went to MSU Law school. Had a great time in EL.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-17, 23:31

PB is nice. EL should be a better bar/restaurant town. Let's work on that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2017-05-18, 00:31

NigelUno wrote:PB is nice. EL should be a better bar/restaurant town. Let's work on that.

Too bad there's the EL City Counsel to deal with.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-18, 01:41

I used my brother's ID to get into the Sleazy D for Beat the Clock night. Got to be such a regular there and at MAC's for Sunday Hat Night that they stopped carding me. Not bad for a 16-17 year old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-18, 08:17

tGreenWay wrote:I used my brother's ID to get into the Sleazy D for Beat the Clock night. Got to be such a regular there and at MAC's for Sunday Hat Night that they stopped carding me. Not bad for a 16-17 year old.

My man. Was this around '96? If so we might have bumped into each other. Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? 969504605
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-18, 08:20

I'm a professional drinker. I don't sit on patios.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-18, 08:54

gHost Spartan wrote:I remember when I was at MSU I went there on a beautiful, warm, March day and got absolutely annihilated - blacked out, had no recollection of how I even got home or what I did. I just kept drinking and drinking and drinking. It was great.

Great story. One of your better efforts. No one can draw a word picture like you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-18, 09:11

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I remember when I was at MSU I went there on a beautiful, warm, March day and got absolutely annihilated - blacked out, had no recollection of how I even got home or what I did. I just kept drinking and drinking and drinking. It was great.

Great story. One of your better efforts. No one can draw a word picture like you.

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-05-18, 12:13

LooseGoose wrote:

Is there a better place to grab a drink in EL than Peanut Barrel on a nice day? 502811600

I wasn't sure if that was gHost or Hemingway.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-05-18, 12:59

NigelUno wrote:PB is nice. EL should be a better college town. Let's work on that.

Fixed it for you.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-05-18, 16:41

Has anyone ever had a better Long Island? I don't think it's possible
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-18, 17:09

The Dooley's LIT was pretty freaking great before they went to measured pours. My wife was a bartender there and nobody made a better drink. In fact, I think I was drinking LITs the night I asked her out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-18, 18:04

I have a higher tolerance now, but those fucking long islands were deadly. One was all I needed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-18, 18:08

One time me and my buddy were on the patio at PB and it got dark and we heard some commotion inside. They were doing Karaoke and nobody was singing so the DJ dude was like berating people, so we go in there all drunked up and I sing Dirty White Boy while my buddy, who is black was air guitaring and during the chorus marched back and forth behind me on stage yelling "white, white, white, white" to the beat of the song. After the song was over all the frat kids were just standing there like Shocked

Good times.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down