Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

+22
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Cameron
steveschneider
AnomanderRake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
GRR Spartan
26 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 Empty Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-19, 12:14

Rocinante wrote:You think CNN news is far left? Ok.

There might be a difference in CNN Opinion vs. CNN News only, IDK.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 Empty Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-19, 12:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Both listed far left on the site he linked. There’s others I have quibbles with too, but what do I know I’m a lefty.

What I really think is who fucking cares. Most of us know how to think critically. We know how to see if a story has multiple sources, primary sources, and bias. We don’t need a “bias meter” that is likely biased itself. Just read what you want and think fucking critically about it. Don’t be lazy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-19, 12:22

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Both listed far left on the site he linked. There’s others I have quibbles with too, but what do I know I’m a lefty.

What I really think is who fucking cares. Most of us know how to think critically. We know how to see if a story has multiple sources, primary sources, and bias. We don’t need a “bias meter” that is likely biased itself. Just read what you want and think fucking critically about it. Don’t be lazy.

IDK, CNN News Only looks like "leans left" to me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-19, 12:29

Rocinante wrote:You think CNN news is far left?  Ok.
I can see CNN Opinion being considered far left. The CNN News is leaning left, which I agree with.
Hell, they only have Fox Online News as leaning right, otherwise it is Fox Opinion, far leftright, they don't even have Fox News news only listed.

Last edited by InTenSity on 2021-01-19, 12:41; edited 1 time in total
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-01-19, 12:33

I don’t know what you guys are seeing. Is it the chart? Because if you go down the list it’s different. Anyway I don’t care.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-01-19, 12:34

That's CNN opinion. CNN news only is showing as left leaning.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-19, 12:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:

That's CNN opinion. CNN news only is showing as left leaning.

Roc is right, though, when you click to the site they list both as far left. I didn't click to the site until he mentioned it. Someone on that site should be unemployed. The chart conflicts with the list.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-01-19, 12:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I mean it lines up generally with what I think I know but I guess if the site is run by right wing wackos it might be skewed, which is why I asked.
The site is run by John Gable, who says that he "leans right."   I can't find anything that would suggest he is a right wing wacko, but he is a republican.

From a TED talk he gave:

John Gable offers a unique combination of technology and politics. He started in tech 24 years ago by joining the original Microsoft Office team, then became the PM team lead for Netscape Navigator. He also led ZoneAlarm at Check Point Software, and cofounded and sold Kavi Corp. Gable was previously a Republican operative, working for three Senate majority leaders (Howard Baker, Trent Lott, Mitch McConnell), the Republican National Committee and George H.W. Bush.

He claims the site has a multi-partisan editorial board.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-01-19, 13:20

Motown Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What do you guys make of this? Is this site credible?

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version3

I think it’s bullshit that they include Newsmax and OAN. Those are conspiracy laden right wing echo chambers. Parler is more credible than those as news outlets.

Agreed. If you're gonna include them you need a new column call "Wingnut Right". That entire graphic looks like everything is shifted one column left.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-01-26, 08:47

I see the fake controversies are being drummed up already. School bathrooms! Oh the humanity!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-26, 09:59

Heat Miser wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I think it’s bullshit that they include Newsmax and OAN. Those are conspiracy laden right wing echo chambers. Parler is more credible than those as news outlets.

Agreed. If you're gonna include them you need a new column call "Wingnut Right". That entire graphic looks like everything is shifted one column left.
]

Seeing the lunacy out of todays GOP what kind of fair and balance reporting do people really want? They want it framed as a debate where you have the big lie vs the truth? Or if you just do factual based reporting either way the gop are still going to cry foul. The whole Rand Paul George Stephanopoulos interview this Sunday Rand Paul tried to frame his take on the election fraud as a both sides argument 'hear the other side'. Afterwards he bragged on twitter this is how you stick it to the left wing media. There's no win here for a news org like ABC.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-26, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

]

Seeing the lunacy out of todays GOP what kind of fair and balance reporting do people really want? They want it framed as a debate where you have the big lie vs the truth? Or if you just do factual based reporting either way the gop are still going to cry foul. The whole Rand Paul George Stephanopoulos interview this Sunday Rand Paul tried to frame his take on the election fraud as a both sides argument 'hear the other side'. Afterwards he bragged on twitter this is how you stick it to the left wing media. There's no win here for a news org like ABC.

If you needed more proof (no one should) that Rand Paul is an opportunist with no soul, it was on full display Sunday morning.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-26, 10:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:]

If you needed more proof (no one should) that Rand Paul is an opportunist with no soul, it was on full display Sunday morning.

Yeah, how do you find a middle here? You report factually that the election was not stolen you are right away left wing material. What is there to be open minded about?

"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it." - Brandolini's The bullshit asymmetry principle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-01-26, 10:21

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Yeah, how do you find a middle here? You report factually that the election was not stolen you are right away left wing material. What is there to be open minded about?

"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it." - Brandolini's The bullshit asymmetry principle.

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but when Rand Paul lit his disinformation boiler I would have cut his fucking mic if I was George, then gone on to explain in the clearest possible terms why.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-26, 10:35

And this...

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2021/1/13/harvard-law-school-petition-vermeule/

Where do we stand here? All that money in tuition to be taught a big lie? I think the real lesson is how damaging Trumpism was and how it poisoned so many of our top institutions. The lesson is you can’t underestimate the appeal of a strong man and for people to fall in line. Elites and rubes are all susceptible.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-26, 10:48

Last one...

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-01-28, 13:09

Looks like an interesting read. Article by former Fox employee who called Arizona. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-01-28/fox-news-chris-stirewalt-firing-arizona

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-25, 19:17

So MSM are letting Fox News dictate the cycle again I see. Mfkrs can't get out of their own way of you drew them a map
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-26, 07:47

The image of Guest sitting in his well-worn recliner.. a curious, furrowed brow riveted to the mainstream media.. brain engaged.. a smile slowly developing across his weathered face as he raises a mug of Maxwell House..

warms my heart.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-26, 07:59

steveschneider wrote:Looks like an interesting read. Article by former Fox employee who called Arizona. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-01-28/fox-news-chris-stirewalt-firing-arizona

This is where America now stands: When I defended the call for Biden in the Arizona election, I became a target of murderous rage from consumers who were furious at not having their views confirmed.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-26, 10:06

Fox might have 1.6B reasons to start telling the truth
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-26, 12:43

https://oliverwillis.com/white-house-press-corps-shows-its-rear-and-why-it-should-just-go-home/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-27, 22:10

[tw]1387178107556311042?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 09:05

Tucker Carlson is utterly baffled that people would think he is rooting for Vladimir Putin and Russia in its war on Ukraine. “You know, it’s such an awful thing to say,” he said on his Fox News show Monday, after playing a clip of Congressman Eric Swalwell saying he and other Republicans were on Putin’s side. “We hesitated to play that, even—it’s very common, you hear it every day. The question is: Why are they saying that? It doesn’t make any sense.”

Gaslighting, of course, has become Carlson’s specialty. In reality, Carlson spent most of the month prior to the invasion praising Putin and echoing Russian propaganda: running down Ukraine, deriding it as a “State Department client state”—not a democracy, but “a tyranny”—and claiming that Russia just wants to keep its borders secure, everything the fault of Joe Biden. So much so that he became the hero of Russian state television, where his rants were translated and replayed, and he was praised as an astute American.

Totally Liberal MSM Site
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-03-02, 09:06

I found this article interesting. Always read media with an open mind. You know the Russians aren't the only ones promoting a narrative.

Ukraine: Watching the war on Russian TV - a whole different story
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 09:16

Bredo Morstoel wrote:I found this article interesting. Always read media with an open mind. You know the Russians aren't the only ones promoting a narrative.

Ukraine: Watching the war on Russian TV - a whole different story

to provide further perspective to the comments about media, much of established western media, ignoring Rupard Murdoc owned media, which varies in this, uses fact checking to verify that what they are reporting is close to the truth, and reports on this, telling consumers of the media that certain reports are not verified. (Admittedly, some of the viewers don't understand this nuance)

A state, or Party, such as Rupard Murdoc owned, media just broadcasts propaganda.  Propaganda starts with what is happening, the war in Ukraine (true), but the quickly pivots to false reports about it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 09:34

Guest wrote:Well this is certainly a welcome development:

CNN To Launch Real News Spinoff Site

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 Cnn-696x394

ATLANTA, GA—After years of publishing distorted headlines, slanted news articles, and heavily biased news coverage, media giant CNN announced Friday that it has decided to launch a spinoff site that focuses on real news comprised of objective facts.

Dubbed “CNN: Real,” the site is designed to bring the news media empire into the arena of publishing real news, a step away from its roots as a channel that covers entirely fabricated stories and shamelessly spins all news into liberal talking points.

“We know this is going to get some push-back from our viewer base, but don’t worry: the original CNN site and cable channel are still a large part of our business,” company Vice President Michael Bass said during an announcement on the shift toward real news. “Anytime you want to have your biases confirmed, CNN will be there.”

“But with CNN: Real, we’re going to try our hand at reporting facts, and doing so in an unbiased manner.”

Painting the new site as an “experiment,” Bass admitted to reporters that he is not entirely confident the real news angle will resonate with the company’s regular viewership, but CNN executives decided it was worth a shot, saying, “If it doesn’t work out, we can always just go back to focusing all of our energy on making stuff up.”

A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box.  - Frederick Douglass:

I wonder if Goose really thought this was real news?

lol!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-11, 08:22

Axios wrote:The key factor determining how Americans have handled COVID-19 — more than race, education or even political affiliation — is where they get their news, according to an analysis of two years of data from our Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index.

Why it matters: Partisan divisions weaken U.S. leaders' ability to deal with such existential crises — and the modern media landscape feeds that cycle.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-11, 12:31

Trapper Gus wrote:
Guest wrote:Well this is certainly a welcome development:

CNN To Launch Real News Spinoff Site

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 Cnn-696x394

A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box.  - Frederick Douglass:

lol!
poor 'ol Goose was always so determined to promote his extremist views that he had no idea he was getting them from the very mainstream media outlets that he was constantly whining about.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 502811600 How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-15, 22:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

lol!
poor 'ol Goose was always so determined to promote his extremist views that he had no idea he was getting them from the very mainstream media outlets that he was constantly whining about.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 502811600 How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 502811600

Or in the quoted case, a right wing satire site, much like The Onion
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-08-12, 13:48

Fox News Airs Fake Photo of Epstein and Trump Raid Judge Who Has Been Forced Into Hiding By Death Threats

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-news-airs-fake-photo-of-epstein-and-trump-raid-judge-who-has-been-forced-into-hiding-by-death-threats/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-08-12, 14:14

Turtleneck wrote:Fox News Airs Fake Photo of Epstein and Trump Raid Judge Who Has Been Forced Into Hiding By Death Threats

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-news-airs-fake-photo-of-epstein-and-trump-raid-judge-who-has-been-forced-into-hiding-by-death-threats/
I'm sure the mainstream media will issue an apology for this very nuanced and subtle mistake. How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11