How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 29 Jun - 16:17

The thread was about the Media's lies. There are already 1500 threads about Trump's lies.

But I'm sure you feel that Trump lying justifies the media lying to you.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Thu 29 Jun - 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:The thread was about the Media's lies. There are already 1500 threads about Trump's lies.

But I'm sure you feel that Trump lying justifies the media lying to you.

And I'm sure you think Trump should go back and apologize for his lies.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by GRR Spartan on Thu 29 Jun - 16:39

The media dosn't lie unless you only get the fucked up news feeds that evidently permeates the NE corner of Michigan's Lower Peninsula.


Any word on FoxNews firing any of the reporters or producers who were pushing the Seth Rich murder myth?
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 29 Jun - 19:42

GRR Spartan wrote:The media dosn't lie unless you only get the fucked up news feeds that evidently permeates the NE corner of Michigan's Lower Peninsula.


Any word on FoxNews firing any of the reporters or producers who were pushing the Seth Rich murder myth?

No word on that but CNN did fire 3 for lying. Perhaps you missed that.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 1 Jul - 9:47

And the AP joins the apology parade.....for the Russia stories and for inventing a meeting between EPA director Pruitt and Dow Chemical.

And these clowns wonder why their popularity rating is half of Trumps. Maybe they should report that next time? "Trump at 40% approval, Press at 20%".

CLARIFICATION: TRUMP-RUSSIA STORIES

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 1 Jul - 9:48

And CNN again.....the beat goes on.

CNN screws up — again


We’re told CNN flew into a panic on Friday after it accidentally aired a fake National Enquirer cover during Jake Tapper’s broadcast.

Tapper did a segment on his “The Lead” show about Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski’s claim that Donald Trump tried to blackmail them with a hit piece in the National Enquirer.

During the piece, it showed a cover from the tabloid, which seemed to be about a scandal involving GOP senator Ted Cruz and his wife, Heidi Cruz.

Unfortunately, the cover is — literally — fake news.

The cover — which has the headline “Heidi Cruz: Betrayed by Cheating Husband!” and promised details on a “sordid threesome, sleazy love letters and sensational photo proof — has never appeared on the National Enquirer, according to sources at the magazine.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by GRR Spartan on Sat 1 Jul - 13:56

Have Fox or Breitbart made any apologies or are we to accept they purposely lie so it's acceptable?

avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Sat 1 Jul - 17:09

LooseGoose wrote:And CNN again.....the beat goes on.

CNN screws up — again


We’re told CNN flew into a panic on Friday after it accidentally aired a fake National Enquirer cover during Jake Tapper’s broadcast.

Tapper did a segment on his “The Lead” show about Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski’s claim that Donald Trump tried to blackmail them with a hit piece in the National Enquirer.

During the piece, it showed a cover from the tabloid, which seemed to be about a scandal involving GOP senator Ted Cruz and his wife, Heidi Cruz.

Unfortunately, the cover is — literally — fake news.

The cover — which has the headline “Heidi Cruz: Betrayed by Cheating Husband!” and promised details on a “sordid threesome, sleazy love letters and sensational photo proof — has never appeared on the National Enquirer, according to sources at the magazine.

That cover was probably hanging in one of Trump's golf clubs.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Sat 1 Jul - 17:51

It's interesting how these fake news organizations are retracting stories, apologizing to its audiences, and holding staff accountable. It's almost as if they don't like getting stories wrong, which makes the errors unintentional and not malicious. Can the same be said for all the news outlets on the Right? And let's not forget how free, terrestrial radio is almost monopolized by RWNJ who almost never source stories or apologize when wrong... which is often. Trump? Never.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 1 Jul - 17:52

tGreenWay wrote:It's interesting how these fake news organizations are retracting stories, apologizing to its audiences, and holding staff accountable. It's almost as if they don't like getting stories wrong, which makes the errors unintentional and not intentional. Can the same be said for all the news outlets on the Right? And let's not forget how free, terrestrial radio is almost monopolized by RWNJ who almost never source stories or apologize when wrong... which is often. Trump? Never.

Let me know when they make an error in favor of Trump. The issue in the main is that the errors tend to be overwhelmingly against Trump and Rs in general.


And this isn't new...........


DEMOCRACY DIES IN MEMORY HOLES:

● Shot: Carl Bernstein calls for ‘different kind of reporting’ to take on ‘malignant presidency.’

—The Washington Examiner, today.

● Chaser: Carl Bernstein: Bush Has Done “Far Greater Damage” Than Nixon.

—TruthOut, January 24, 2007.

Related: “The lowest form of popular culture – lack of information, misinformation, disinformation, and a contempt for the truth or the reality of most people’s lives – has overrun real journalism. Today, ordinary Americans are being stuffed with garbage.”

—Carl Bernstein, 1992
. Choose the form of your destructor.

Posted at 5:41 pm by Ed Driscoll

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat 1 Jul - 18:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Has the gospel tribune issued their apology to Bernie sanders yet or no? Probably not. They're super comfortable lying through their teeth then acting holier than thou under the cover of religion but really they're just frauds.

You guys I just wanted to update you and let you know that the gospelnews.blogspot has not apologized for making up a Bernie sanders quote. They haven't even taken down the article. Pretty sure the author still works there, but I'll keep you updated as this story develops.

Reminder-

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t16029-remember-when-the-right-was-going-to-impose-a-religious-litmus-test

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15994
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Sat 1 Jul - 18:25

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It's interesting how these fake news organizations are retracting stories, apologizing to its audiences, and holding staff accountable. It's almost as if they don't like getting stories wrong, which makes the errors unintentional and not intentional. Can the same be said for all the news outlets on the Right? And let's not forget how free, terrestrial radio is almost monopolized by RWNJ who almost never source stories or apologize when wrong... which is often. Trump? Never.

Let me know when they make an error in favor of Trump. The issue in the main is that the errors tend to be overwhelmingly against Trump and Rs in general.


And this isn't new...........


DEMOCRACY DIES IN MEMORY HOLES:

● Shot: Carl Bernstein calls for ‘different kind of reporting’ to take on ‘malignant presidency.’

—The Washington Examiner, today.

● Chaser: Carl Bernstein: Bush Has Done “Far Greater Damage” Than Nixon.

—TruthOut, January 24, 2007.

Related: “The lowest form of popular culture – lack of information, misinformation, disinformation, and a contempt for the truth or the reality of most people’s lives – has overrun real journalism. Today, ordinary Americans are being stuffed with garbage.”

—Carl Bernstein, 1992
. Choose the form of your destructor.

Posted at 5:41 pm by Ed Driscoll

Boy. That bolded part is like...super irony. You've kind of outdone yourself. Again.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Sat 1 Jul - 18:29

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It's interesting how these fake news organizations are retracting stories, apologizing to its audiences, and holding staff accountable. It's almost as if they don't like getting stories wrong, which makes the errors unintentional and not intentional. Can the same be said for all the news outlets on the Right? And let's not forget how free, terrestrial radio is almost monopolized by RWNJ who almost never source stories or apologize when wrong... which is often. Trump? Never.

Let me know when they make an error in favor of Trump. The issue in the main is that the errors tend to be overwhelmingly against Trump and Rs in general.


And this isn't new...........


DEMOCRACY DIES IN MEMORY HOLES:

● Shot: Carl Bernstein calls for ‘different kind of reporting’ to take on ‘malignant presidency.’

—The Washington Examiner, today.

● Chaser: Carl Bernstein: Bush Has Done “Far Greater Damage” Than Nixon.

—TruthOut, January 24, 2007.

Related: “The lowest form of popular culture – lack of information, misinformation, disinformation, and a contempt for the truth or the reality of most people’s lives – has overrun real journalism. Today, ordinary Americans are being stuffed with garbage.”

—Carl Bernstein, 1992
. Choose the form of your destructor.

Posted at 5:41 pm by Ed Driscoll

CNN's biggest error in favor of Trump, an error which lasted well over a year, was in the scores of hours of unfettered access to its network totaling about $2Bin free advertising. No editing, no fact-checking, just Donnie live at rallies and giving speeches on CNN, telling lies first about his GOP opponents and BHO, then even more lies about HRC, BHO, and about the state of America and the world, whether it was immigration, employment, national security, and especially all those lies about himself and his businesses. That's going to be CNN's legacy for decades, if it lasts that long; that it gave Trump a huge helping handout through the primary and all the way to the WH.
And to think Donnie has never once thanked them for such an extravagant gift.

Edit to add that CNN has never even apologized to all of Trump's opponents, its audience, or all of America for its historic fuckup. And nobody even got fired, although heads should've rolled from the head of the network all the way down to its line producers. Someone should've showed some guts by standing up for real journalism, real reporting, not Trump's campaign reality show.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Herbie Green on Sun 2 Jul - 10:19

So I guess the answer to the original question is that only CNN/mainstream/leftist media outlets will apologize but right wing media outlets will not
avatar
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Posts : 5234
Join date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by GRR Spartan on Sun 2 Jul - 11:00

"Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over. "


Its starting. Keep an eye on how Trump's friend the CEO of American Media reacts. Does he okay turning up going after Scarborough and Brzezinski. The National Enquirier readership demos match up with Trump voter demo's which is why American Media is in play.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Tue 4 Jul - 12:48

Media errors give Trump fresh ammunition



A string of high-profile corrections and retractions by major news organizations on stories about President Trump or his allies have fueled more allegations of bias in the mainstream press.

The relationship between Trump and the news media regularly hits new lows, with insults flying between the two camps and reporters warning that the president is inciting violence against journalists.

But Trump’s allies on the right believe the president’s claims that the mainstream media is “fake news” have been bolstered by recent missteps. They point to recent admissions from top news outlets — including CNN, the New York Times and the Associated Press — that bombshell stories were either overcooked or included incorrect details.

Adding insult to injury: Breitbart News, the pro-Trump media outlet that is scorned by many in the mainstream press, has been fact-checking their mainstream counterparts with some success.

Breitbart’s Washington political editor Matthew Boyle was first to call into question a CNN story on alleged ties between a Trump associate and Russia that was later retracted. Boyle was also reporting on an error in an Associated Press report when the newswire corrected and later rewrote the story.

Together, the corrections and retractions amount to only a few stories out of the thousands published every day. But the high-profile nature of the errors hurts the media's credibility at a time when the press is under more scrutiny than ever before, giving new political ammunition to critics of the mainstream press.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by GRR Spartan on Tue 4 Jul - 20:17

Going over to the RCMB to stalk some more?

Sit in Mio hoping this country gets sold out by a pussy grabbing President who puts his family's fortune ahead of the country because you put supporting him to end abortion above all else.

Maybe you do die before 2020 as you predicted.

avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 6 Jul - 10:40

and Trump's big nemesis at CNN calls him out for fake news......and it turns out Trump is right and Acosta is wrong. Less grandstanding and more reporting might help him.

The Race To 2020 CNN's Jim Acosta gets fact about intelligence community's Russia assessment wrong, calls it 'fake news'

Speaking on CNN's "New Day," Acosta wondered where Trump got the "three or four" figure, though it has been reported that out of 17 agencies, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia.

"The other thing that was ‘fake news' coming from President Trump is when he said, well, I keep hearing it's 17 intelligence agencies that say Russia meddled in the election, I think it's only three or four," Acosta said. "Where does that number come from? Where does this 'three or four' number come from? My suspicion ... is that if we go to the administration and ask them for this question, I'm not so sure we're going to get an answer."

The New York Times last week, however, prominently corrected its own reporting on the matter.

In a story about Trump's "deflections and denials about Russia," it originally stated that "17 American intelligence agencies" concluded Russia had interfered in the election.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by DWags on Thu 6 Jul - 11:45

LooseGoose wrote:and Trump's big nemesis at CNN calls him out for fake news......and it turns out Trump is right and Acosta is wrong. Less grandstanding and more reporting might help him.

The Race To 2020 CNN's Jim Acosta gets fact about intelligence community's Russia assessment wrong, calls it 'fake news'

Speaking on CNN's "New Day," Acosta wondered where Trump got the "three or four" figure, though it has been reported that out of 17 agencies, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia.

"The other thing that was ‘fake news' coming from President Trump is when he said, well, I keep hearing it's 17 intelligence agencies that say Russia meddled in the election, I think it's only three or four," Acosta said. "Where does that number come from? Where does this 'three or four' number come from? My suspicion ... is that if we go to the administration and ask them for this question, I'm not so sure we're going to get an answer."

The New York Times last week, however, prominently corrected its own reporting on the matter.

In a story about Trump's "deflections and denials about Russia," it originally stated that "17 American intelligence agencies" concluded Russia had interfered in the election.

, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia

Only those four? Just the CIA FBI NSA? Just those? That's it?



Jesus.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23636
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 6 Jul - 17:02

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:and Trump's big nemesis at CNN calls him out for fake news......and it turns out Trump is right and Acosta is wrong. Less grandstanding and more reporting might help him.

The Race To 2020 CNN's Jim Acosta gets fact about intelligence community's Russia assessment wrong, calls it 'fake news'



, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia

Only those four? Just the CIA FBI NSA? Just those? That's it?



Jesus.

So you prefer your reporting incorrect? With Dem math - 4=17?

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by DWags on Thu 6 Jul - 17:22

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia

Only those four? Just the CIA FBI NSA? Just those? That's it?



Jesus.

So you prefer your reporting incorrect? With Dem math - 4=17?

Swing and a miss. But you're a Trumpanzee. King of them. I don't expect you to get it.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23636
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck on Thu 6 Jul - 17:32

The DNI oversees all members of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-we-do/members-of-the-ic
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24271
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 6 Jul - 21:19

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:and Trump's big nemesis at CNN calls him out for fake news......and it turns out Trump is right and Acosta is wrong. Less grandstanding and more reporting might help him.

The Race To 2020 CNN's Jim Acosta gets fact about intelligence community's Russia assessment wrong, calls it 'fake news'



, only the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA, the FBI, and the National Security Agency have formally drawn the conclusion about Russia

Only those four? Just the CIA FBI NSA? Just those? That's it?



Jesus.

Exactly.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 6 Jul - 21:27

Turtleneck wrote:The DNI oversees all members of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-we-do/members-of-the-ic

Thank you. Just came to post this. DNI is at the top of those other agencies.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Thu 6 Jul - 21:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:The DNI oversees all members of the U.S. Intelligence Community.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-we-do/members-of-the-ic

Thank you. Just came to post this. DNI is at the top of those other agencies.

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 6 Jul - 21:42

I just checked Breitbart, Drudge, Fox "News, and Newsmax. Not even one apology or correction between them.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 6 Jul - 21:50

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thank you. Just came to post this. DNI is at the top of those other agencies.

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

Or, much more likely, after January 20 the narrative (sorry Floyd) changed. That's just a personal hunch, because I haven't gone back to look at the dates thst reporting changed from 17 to 3-4. I strongly suspect the figures changed because Trump and his advisors wanted it to change to look less of a slam dunk to the average dumbfuck Trumpanzees.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay on Thu 6 Jul - 22:29

LooseGoose wrote:The thread was about the Media's lies. There are already 1500 threads about Trump's lies.

But I'm sure you feel that Trump lying justifies the media lying to you.

Is one of your 3,000 books a dictionary? I'd encourage you to grab it and learn the difference between errors and lies.
If all these news outlets are lying, that would fulfill the hardest element for a public figure to prove in a libel or slander case; malice aforethought. So I ask you, why isn't Donnie suing all of these newspapers and cable news outlets? It's not like the president has ever been afraid to sue someone in the past.
Could it be that Donnie knows the reporting is either factually correct and truthful, or it's an error in reporting that has later produced a public correction?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21974
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck on Thu 6 Jul - 23:35

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thank you. Just came to post this. DNI is at the top of those other agencies.

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

1. The real swerve is constant use of "only the...", as if those 3-4 agencies are meaningless members of the US Intelligence Community.
2. Because the DNI is responsible for intelligence integration and has 17 member agencies, I wonder if the number came from a flawed assumption that the DNI was reporting on behalf of all 17 members of the US Intelligence Community. Journalists should not make assumptions and should be shamed for doing so accordingly, but I am not sure this was an intentional effort to lie.
3. Clearly the 17 number is wrong, but in an effort to defend absolutely everything this administration does and says, you are way overstating your case.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24271
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 7 Jul - 9:15

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

Or, much more likely, after January 20 the narrative (sorry Floyd) changed. That's just a personal hunch, because I haven't gone back to look at the dates thst reporting changed from 17 to 3-4. I strongly suspect the figures changed because Trump and his advisors wanted it to change to look less of a slam dunk to the average dumbfuck Trumpanzees.

Last fall. I think October.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by DWags on Fri 7 Jul - 10:40

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

1. The real swerve is constant use of "only the...", as if those 3-4 agencies are meaningless members of the US Intelligence Community.
2. Because the DNI is responsible for intelligence integration and has 17 member agencies, I wonder if the number came from a flawed assumption that the DNI was reporting on behalf of all 17 members of the US Intelligence Community. Journalists should not make assumptions and should be shamed for doing so accordingly, but I am not sure this was an intentional effort to lie.
3. Clearly the 17 number is wrong, but in an effort to defend absolutely everything this administration does and says, you are way overstating your case.

Seriously, it's insane to ignore the big three who are all in agreement on it. Insane.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23636
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck on Fri 7 Jul - 10:54

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

1. The real swerve is constant use of "only the...", as if those 3-4 agencies are meaningless members of the US Intelligence Community.
2. Because the DNI is responsible for intelligence integration and has 17 member agencies, I wonder if the number came from a flawed assumption that the DNI was reporting on behalf of all 17 members of the US Intelligence Community. Journalists should not make assumptions and should be shamed for doing so accordingly, but I am not sure this was an intentional effort to lie.
3. Clearly the 17 number is wrong, but in an effort to defend absolutely everything this administration does and says, you are way overstating your case.

Seriously, it's insane to ignore the big three who are all in agreement on it. Insane.


WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Thursday that only “three or four” of the United States’ 17 intelligence agencies had concluded that Russia interfered in the presidential election — a statement that while technically accurate, is misleading and suggests widespread dissent among American intelligence agencies when none has emerged.

The “three or four” agencies referred to by Mr. Trump are the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, all of which determined that Russia interfered in the election. Their work was compiled into a report, and a declassified version was released on Jan. 6 by the director of national intelligence. It said that all four agencies had “high confidence” that Russian spies had tried to interfere in the election on the orders of President Vladimir V. Putin.

The reason the views of only those four intelligence agencies, not all 17, were included in the assessment is simple: They were the ones tracking and analyzing the Russian campaign. The rest were doing other work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/trump-russia-intelligence-agencies-cia-fbi-nsa.html

avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24271
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Fri 7 Jul - 11:01

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thank you. Just came to post this. DNI is at the top of those other agencies.

How does that change a thing?

Because it's above them doesn't mean all of them reviewed or reported the info.

It's a non fact.

A swerve.

It's "I don't like the facts so I'll try to change them".

That's a good question. How does it change that Russia meddled? I mean...that's the issue, right?

Quibbling over how many agencies reported it, doesn't change anything, right?

I mean...that's kind of a swerve...
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck on Fri 7 Jul - 14:35

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

1. The real swerve is constant use of "only the...", as if those 3-4 agencies are meaningless members of the US Intelligence Community.
2. Because the DNI is responsible for intelligence integration and has 17 member agencies, I wonder if the number came from a flawed assumption that the DNI was reporting on behalf of all 17 members of the US Intelligence Community. Journalists should not make assumptions and should be shamed for doing so accordingly, but I am not sure this was an intentional effort to lie.
3. Clearly the 17 number is wrong, but in an effort to defend absolutely everything this administration does and says, you are way overstating your case.

Seriously, it's insane to ignore the big three who are all in agreement on it. Insane.

Clapper: No evidence others besides Russia hacked U.S. election
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/07/russia-hacked-us-james-clapper-240303
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24271
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 7 Jul - 15:31

The struggle to make up a struggle continues.

Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is

A sheriff in Missouri is firing back at a now-suspended newspaper columnist who claimed to experience what “minority motorists” must feel when getting pulled over by cops, saying he was lucky he didn’t “get shot” during a recent traffic stop.

Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey has refuted a June 30 opinion column by longtime Columbia Daily Tribune columnist Bill Clark, who was stopped 10 days earlier for failing to use his turn signal. Clark, an 84-year-old white man, suggested in the column that he might’ve been pulled over because of his “liberal bumper stickers,” an obvious sign of an “aging hippie with a weed habit,” he claimed.

“I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,” Clark wrote. “Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.”

Clark, who claimed he received a “good dose of arrogance” during the stop, said he understands how someone could lose respect for cops after the stop, saying his life “seemed to be in danger” during the interaction with two deputies.

“When you are in the shoes of the minority, you learn a lot more about their journey,” Clark wrote.

But a review of dashcam video told a different story,

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Fri 7 Jul - 15:47

LooseGoose wrote:The struggle to make up a struggle continues.

Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is

A sheriff in Missouri is firing back at a now-suspended newspaper columnist who claimed to experience what “minority motorists” must feel when getting pulled over by cops, saying he was lucky he didn’t “get shot” during a recent traffic stop.

Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey has refuted a June 30 opinion column by longtime Columbia Daily Tribune columnist Bill Clark, who was stopped 10 days earlier for failing to use his turn signal. Clark, an 84-year-old white man, suggested in the column that he might’ve been pulled over because of his “liberal bumper stickers,” an obvious sign of an “aging hippie with a weed habit,” he claimed.

“I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,” Clark wrote. “Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.”

Clark, who claimed he received a “good dose of arrogance” during the stop, said he understands how someone could lose respect for cops after the stop, saying his life “seemed to be in danger” during the interaction with two deputies.

“When you are in the shoes of the minority, you learn a lot more about their journey,” Clark wrote.

But a review of dashcam video told a different story,

Is he a media "outlet"?

And he got pulled over for not signaling a right turn?

avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck on Fri 7 Jul - 17:02

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The struggle to make up a struggle continues.

Sheriff exposes white, liberal columnist’s traffic stop tale for the lie that it is


Is he a media "outlet"?

And he got pulled over for not signaling a right turn?


I think he is confused again. He might have skipped his afternoon pils.
avatar
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24271
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Fri 7 Jul - 22:09

James Clapper Confronts CNN's Narrative... While on CNN

Well, it turns out that it was President Obama's own director of national intelligence, James Clapper, who gave Trump the 3-4 number. He confronted CNN's lack of journalistic integrity ... while on CNN! Clapper said:

"How this narrative got out there about 17 components being involved, I don’t know. But the report itself makes it clear that it was the three agencies plus the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that put this intelligence community assessment together."

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by NigelUno on Sat 8 Jul - 10:44

LooseGoose wrote:James Clapper Confronts CNN's Narrative... While on CNN

Well, it turns out that it was President Obama's own director of national intelligence, James Clapper, who gave Trump the 3-4 number. He confronted CNN's lack of journalistic integrity ... while on CNN! Clapper said:

"How this narrative got out there about 17 components being involved, I don’t know. But the report itself makes it clear that it was the three agencies plus the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that put this intelligence community assessment together."

And your narrative is that the number of agencies is more important than the fact that Russia meddled? Because Trump is a tough guy on Russia and handled it with Putin?
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19851
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by LooseGoose on Sat 8 Jul - 14:55

Lose on the facts, change the argument.

_________________
All bowls matter.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 34711
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum