Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity

+11
tanfan!
dr huxtable
Snake Plissken
Heat Miser
J T
LoneWolfSparty
NigelUno
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ruckus
Death Roe
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Empty Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-20, 20:57

Movie comes out in 4 weeks, May 16th. Can't fucking wait.

A scene from the movie just leaked, and holy ****... I think we're in for one hell of a movie.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/watch-godzilla-2014-wondercon-trailer

It has me super excited. I don't think I've been this pumped for a sci-fi alien/monster movie since Independence Day (haters gonna hate)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Empty Re: Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity

Post by Ruckus 2014-04-20, 21:54

Is this suppose to be the sequel to clover field?
Ruckus
Ruckus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Empty Re: Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-20, 22:34

Ruckus wrote:Is this suppose to be the sequel to clover field?

You just totally outed yourself. Hi Rocketplay.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruckus 2014-04-20, 22:40

Death Roe wrote:
Ruckus wrote:Is this suppose to be the sequel to clover field?

You just totally outed yourself. Hi Rocketplay.
Don't get me wrong. I liked clover field. Just not sure about where the monster came from.
Ruckus
Ruckus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-21, 08:29

Trailers look awesome, will be seeing it fairly quickly after it comes out. I wish I could see it just IMAX and not IMAX 3d though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-21, 08:34

Gravity isn't a sci-fi movie. It's a drama about a woman in space.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26381335
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-21, 08:37

Giant Moose wrote:Gravity isn't a sci-fi movie. It's a drama about a woman in space.

How did Clooney find her? And then he just disappeared?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-21, 08:47

Giant Moose wrote:Gravity isn't a sci-fi movie. It's a drama about a woman in space.

How was that movie? I heard it got great reviews and everything but talked to a few people about it and they said it sucked. But their taste in movies could also suck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-21, 08:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

How was that movie? I heard it got great reviews and everything but talked to a few people about it and they said it sucked. But their taste in movies could also suck.

I thought it was good and worth seeing, but I think because of the hype around it, it disappointed some people. Kind of like when Trevor told us the new boards were going to be amazing and then they were below expectations.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Empty Check in here if your going to go see Godzilla

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-21, 21:27

Sorry, but that looks wicked!! Can't wait.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-21, 21:28

Signed. But there's already a thread on it. But I don't give a ****, do you?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruckus 2014-04-21, 21:30

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Sorry, but that looks wicked!! Can't wait.
TSearch function is going.
Ruckus
Ruckus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-21, 21:31

"If your going"??

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity 20120914120348!Exploding-head
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-21, 21:31

I believe our first search function joke has been made. We're breaking ground here.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-21, 21:34

Thread merge beyotch!!! tSwill kung-fu is very powerful.

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2014-04-21, 21:39; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-21, 21:38

LOL
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-21, 21:39

A fully-functioning board made in less than a week? Seriously, Heat, you should be running 247's tech department. You are incredible.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-21, 21:41

Death Roe wrote:A fully-functioning board made in less than a week? Seriously, Heat, you should be running 247's tech department. You are incredible.

That's out-of-the-box functionality. There's also thread split functionality. Voodoo.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 21:46

Heat Miser wrote:Thread merge beyotch!!! tSwill kung-fu is very powerful.
Did you seriously just merge a thread? Please tell me what it feels like. I'm sad now and am going to have a drink.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 21:47

Heat Miser wrote:
Death Roe wrote:A fully-functioning board made in less than a week? Seriously, Heat, you should be running 247's tech department. You are incredible.

That's out-of-the-box functionality. There's also thread split functionality. Voodoo.
Admins should definitely have a cool avatar. You need to find one for you two.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-21, 21:48

Snake Plissken wrote:
Did you seriously just merge a thread? Please tell me what it feels like. I'm sad now and am going to have a drink.

I did. And I must say it's pretty damn intuitive. Pretty sure it worked too. All the counts were updated. No posts got thrown into other random threads. Go figure.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 21:49

Heat Miser wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I did. And I must say it's pretty damn intuitive. Pretty sure it worked too. All the counts were updated. No posts got thrown into other random threads. Go figure.
I'm about to give up over there.  Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity 1550444538 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-04-21, 21:53

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I'm about to give up over there.  Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity 1550444538 

I'll proofread your resignation letter. Shoot it to me in a PM.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 21:54

NigelUno wrote:
I'll proofread your resignation letter.  Shoot it to me in a PM.  
It's really just a poop pic. Just Google that.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-21, 22:08

Snake Plissken wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

Well, you could always post some boobs to get the ball rolling!  Twisted Evil 
J T
J T
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 22:08

What was wrong with the original Godzilla?

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Godzilla_%2754_design
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-21, 22:17

Snake Plissken wrote:What was wrong with the original Godzilla?

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity Godzilla_%2754_design

2014 Godzilla would probably mop the floor with 1954 Godzilla. He's HUGE

Godzilla - AKA The Greatest Sci-Fi Film Not Named Gravity 66894E44-0C1E-4376-836C-20ED4C46CA82_zpsxu3mhxg6
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-21, 22:20

Nothing. All of the other Godzillas are GD fakes!
J T
J T
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 22:21

Death Roe wrote:

Just don't bring the 1998 Godzilla into this discussion.  lol! 
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dr huxtable 2014-04-21, 22:21

trailers for this crack me up. its a smash shit movie but theyre trying to run serious bryan cranston through the middle.

still looking forward to it
dr huxtable
dr huxtable
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-04-21, 22:22

J T wrote:
Nothing.  All of the other Godzillas are GD fakes!

Agreed. I watched them when I was younger and still watch them when they are on.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-04-21, 22:22

Snake Plissken wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Just don't bring the 1998 Godzilla into this discussion.  lol! 

Toho doesn't consider the 1998 Godzilla an actual GODZILLA. He's called Zilla in their canon. Haha.

They have had their hands all over this movie. Toho apparently saw a cut of the film and approved of it big time, which is huge for the people who love the older Godzilla films.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-21, 22:31

Snake Plissken wrote:
J T wrote:
Nothing.  All of the other Godzillas are GD fakes!

Agreed. I watched them when I was younger and still watch them when they are on.

There was nothing more awesome when I was a kid than hearing Godzilla's roar. I like the 60-70s era roars the best.

J T
J T
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-22, 00:21

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-13, 17:15

90% so far on Rotten Tomatoes. I'd say that's pretty fucking great and it won't disappoint.

LINK
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-13, 18:39

J T wrote:

There was nothing more awesome when I was a kid than hearing Godzilla's roar.  I like the 60-70s era roars the best.  

I have to agree. 2014 though sounds really really good. I can't wait to see the big G. G was a straight up player. I used to watch the 4:00 movie on channel 7 in Detroit when I was a young lad. Loved watching those campy movies before dinner.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-13, 21:43

Snake Plissken wrote:

I friggen own them.  Had to go overseas for GZ vs. The Smog Monster (or outside the US, Godzilla vs. Hedorah).  If they are campy, I applaud their campiness, if they have flaws, I applaud their flaws.  There isn't a Godzilla movie that fails to entertain me.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-16, 10:40

Saw this last night. Loved it. Really well done.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-16, 10:45

Death Roe wrote:Saw this last night. Loved it. Really well done.
I expected it to be cheesy. It it really not? How long is Godzilla actually on screen?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-16, 10:46

It's not super cheesy. Godzilla doesn't show up for quite a while, but the build up makes you ready for it big time.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next