Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grant Perry

4 posters

Go down

Grant Perry  Empty Grant Perry

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-28, 14:19

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/06/28/um-football-player-pleads-felony-sex-assault-charges-dropped/435093001/

Any one see this?

She said Perry "started licking his lips and smiling and pushing his chest up against her chest," before he groped her for three or four seconds.

The woman told police she "could feel him squeezing both her butt and her crotch."

---

What a sick fuck. And how come the judge dropped the sexual assault charges? About a month ago Harbaugh said Perry was an outstanding football player and let him practice again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Grant Perry  Empty Re: Grant Perry

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-28, 15:14

steveschneider wrote:http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/06/28/um-football-player-pleads-felony-sex-assault-charges-dropped/435093001/

Any one see this?

She said Perry "started licking his lips and smiling and pushing his chest up against her chest," before he groped her for three or four seconds.

The woman told police she "could feel him squeezing both her butt and her crotch."

---

What a sick fuck. And how come the judge dropped the sexual assault charges? About a month ago Harbaugh said Perry was an outstanding football player and let him practice again.
No offense, but you should really read the article a little more carefully. A judge didn't drop the charge, prosecutors did. It sounds clear that it was a part of the plea deal. I'm not sure why you're outraged though. He pled guilty to a felony and assault and battery, and you're upset that they didn't keep a 4th degree misdemeanor charge? From the sounds of the incident from both sides, it sounds like this was more of a fight/argument than a sexual instance. Yeah, he grabbed her ass and crotch, but it was part of this fight, not him getting off about it. A fine line perhaps, but I'm just saying that I can see why that became an assault and battery charge instead. Piece of shit, no doubt, but it doesn't sound like he should be on a sexual predator registration.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-28, 15:21

Is he still on the UM team?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-28, 15:29

Maybe I'm wrong, but even with HYTA, I think there will always be a note in his record that he resisted arrest. That means Perry will be treated more aggressively by police if he's ever stopped again.

----> Here is where one of you can insert a comment about a young black man being treated aggressively by cops. Because reality.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-28, 15:37

InTenSity wrote:Is he still on the UM team?

Yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-28, 15:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/06/28/um-football-player-pleads-felony-sex-assault-charges-dropped/435093001/

Any one see this?

---

No offense, but you should really read the article a little more carefully.  A judge didn't drop the charge,  prosecutors did.  It sounds clear that it was a part of the plea deal.  I'm not sure why you're outraged though.  He pled guilty to a felony and assault and battery, and you're upset that they didn't keep a 4th degree misdemeanor charge?  From the sounds of the incident from both sides, it sounds like this was more of a fight/argument than a sexual instance.  Yeah, he grabbed her ass and crotch, but it was part of this fight, not him getting off about it.  A fine line perhaps, but I'm just saying that I can see why that became an assault and battery charge instead.  Piece of shit, no doubt, but it doesn't sound like he should be on a sexual predator registration.

Who grabs a woman by the crotch and ass for four seconds in a fight? I think he's a sick fuck, and I think the prosecutor should have kept all of the charges including the alcohol one.

If someone can go on the sex offenders list for public urination on a bush or a tree then I think they should also on it for grabbing some ones crotch and ass for four seconds. Just because he goes to UofM doesn't give him the right to do that to anyone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-28, 15:58

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
No offense, but you should really read the article a little more carefully.  A judge didn't drop the charge,  prosecutors did.  It sounds clear that it was a part of the plea deal.  I'm not sure why you're outraged though.  He pled guilty to a felony and assault and battery, and you're upset that they didn't keep a 4th degree misdemeanor charge?  From the sounds of the incident from both sides, it sounds like this was more of a fight/argument than a sexual instance.  Yeah, he grabbed her ass and crotch, but it was part of this fight, not him getting off about it.  A fine line perhaps, but I'm just saying that I can see why that became an assault and battery charge instead.  Piece of shit, no doubt, but it doesn't sound like he should be on a sexual predator registration.

Who grabs a woman by the crotch and ass for four seconds in a fight? I think he's a sick fuck, and I think the prosecutor should have kept all of the charges including the alcohol one.

If someone can go on the sex offenders list for public urination on a bush or a tree then I think they should also on it for grabbing some ones crotch and ass for four seconds. Just because he goes to UofM doesn't give him the right to do that to anyone.
Guys kick other guys in the balls. People do bad stuff in a fight. That's why it's a fight. It doesn't automatically make it of a sexual nature. It's horrible and wrong, but that's why he still pled guilty to assault and battery.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-06-28, 16:00

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Is he still on the UM team?

Yes
Will be interesting to see how UM handles it. Dion Sims was under a similar situation when he pled guilty to a felony, and then it was wiped off his record if he had no incidents. But he wasn't on the team during that probationary period (or whatever it's called). Was Sims even able to stay enrolled?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-06-28, 16:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yes
Will be interesting to see how UM handles it. Dion Sims was under a similar situation when he pled guilty to a felony, and then it was wiped off his record if he had no incidents. But he wasn't on the team during that probationary period (or whatever it's called). Was Sims even able to stay enrolled?
I think Sims redshirted that year. Don't quote me though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-28, 16:21

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I think Sims redshirted that year. Don't quote me though.

Ha! I just quoted your ass. Grant Perry  2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down