Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

+8
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
Turtleneck
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) Empty Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-30, 23:23

Yesterday's WSJ story:
GOP Operative Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn
Peter W. Smith portrayed the former general as an ally in an effort, independent of the Trump campaign, to find personal emails deleted by Hillary Clinton
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-operative-sought-clinton-emails-from-hackers-implied-a-connection-to-flynn-1498770851

Today's follow-up
GOP Activist Who Sought Clinton Emails Cited Trump Campaign Officials
Peter W. Smith listed Bannon, Conway and Clovis, besides Flynn, in a recruiting document; his purpose isn’t clear and there’s no indication he asked for or received any coordination with them
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-activist-who-sought-clinton-emails-cited-trump-campaign-officials-1498872923

From Lawfare just a few minutes ago:
The Time I Got Recruited to Collude with the Russians
https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

I read the Wall Street Journal’s article yesterday on attempts by a GOP operative to recover missing Hillary Clinton emails with more than usual interest. I was involved in the events that reporter Shane Harris described, and I was an unnamed source for the initial story. What’s more, I was named in, and provided the documents to Harris that formed the basis of, this evening’s follow-up story, which reported that “A longtime Republican activist who led an operation hoping to obtain Hillary Clinton emails from hackers listed senior members of the Trump campaign, including some who now serve as top aides in the White House, in a recruitment document for his effort”

Although it wasn’t initially clear to me how independent Smith’s operation was from Flynn or the Trump campaign, it was immediately apparent that Smith was both well connected within the top echelons of the campaign and he seemed to know both Lt. Gen. Flynn and his son well. Smith routinely talked about the goings on at the top of the Trump team, offering deep insights into the bizarre world at the top of the Trump campaign. Smith told of Flynn’s deep dislike of DNI Clapper, whom Flynn blamed for his dismissal by President Obama. Smith told of Flynn’s moves to position himself to become CIA Director under Trump, but also that Flynn had been persuaded that the Senate confirmation process would be prohibitively difficult. He would instead therefore become National Security Advisor should Trump win the election, Smith said. He also told of a deep sense of angst even among Trump loyalists in the campaign, saying “Trump often just repeats whatever he’s heard from the last person who spoke to him,” and expressing the view that this was especially dangerous when Trump was away.

By the middle of September, all contact between us ended. By this time, I had grown extremely uncomfortable with the situation, so when Smith and his colleague asked me to sign a non-disclosure agreement, I declined to do so. My suspicion was that the real purpose of the non-disclosure agreement was to retrospectively apply confidentiality to the conversations we had already had before that point. I refused to sign the non-disclosure and we went our separate ways.

As I mentioned above, Smith and his associates’ knowledge of the inner workings of the campaign were insightful beyond what could be obtained by merely attending Republican events or watching large amounts of news coverage. But one thing I could not place, at least initially, was whether Smith was working on behalf of the campaign, or whether he was acting independently to help the campaign in his personal capacity.

Then, a few weeks into my interactions with Smith, he sent me a document, ostensibly a cover page for a dossier of opposition research to be compiled by Smith’s group, and which purported to clear up who was involved. The document was entitled “A Demonstrative Pedagogical Summary to be Developed and Released Prior to November 8, 2016,” and dated September 7. It detailed a company Smith and his colleagues had set up as a vehicle to conduct the research: “KLS Research”, set up as a Delaware LLC “to avoid campaign reporting,” and listing four groups who were involved in one way or another.

The first group, entitled “Trump Campaign (in coordination to the extent permitted as an independent expenditure)” listed a number of senior campaign officials: Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Sam Clovis, Lt. Gen. Flynn and Lisa Nelson.

The largest group named a number of “independent groups / organizations / individuals / resources to be deployed.” My name appears on this list. At the time, I didn’t recognize most of the others; however, several made headlines in the weeks immediately prior to the election.

My perception then was that the inclusion of Trump campaign officials on this document was not merely a name-dropping exercise. This document was about establishing a company to conduct opposition research on behalf of the campaign, but operating at a distance so as to avoid campaign reporting. Indeed, the document says as much in black and white.

The combination of Smith’s deep knowledge of the inner workings of the campaign, this document naming him in the “Trump campaign” group, and the multiple references to needing to avoid campaign reporting suggested to me that the group was formed with the blessing of the Trump campaign. In the Journal’s story this evening, several of the individuals named in the document denied any connection to Smith, and it’s certainly possible that he was a big name-dropper and never really represented anyone other than himself. If that’s the case, Smith talked a very good game.

If you're not familiar, Lawfare is a blog covering issues related to national security and national security law. Contributors are all recognized experts in their field. Some of them have worked inside the national security community. It is not a group of amateurs or partisans. It is also incredibly wonky.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-06-30, 23:35; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) Empty Re: Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Post by DWags 2017-06-30, 23:29

Wow, but not really surprising.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) Empty Re: Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Post by Turtleneck 2017-06-30, 23:36

DWags wrote:Wow, but not really surprising.

I do think it is important to note that the story was clear that no connection to the Trump campaign could be established, and more importantly, there might not have been any connection at all.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-30, 23:51

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Wow, but not really surprising.

I do think it is important to note that the story was clear that no connection to the Trump campaign could be established, and more importantly, there might not have been any connection at all.

Oh, you're exactly right. And the Trumpanzees will cling to that. I mean they spin obvious facts, why wouldn't they spin this.

I walk down to the pool at the Manistee National today. I'm alone after a round of golf, nobody and I mean nobody is there. There are duck prints, wet duck prints on the cement. Just outside of the fence there are ducks, about 4 or 5 of them I see wet duck prints, I see ducks just feet away, I can tell you that the ducks most likely were in the pool before I walked down there.

Can I prove it? Not really. Is there other possibilities? Sure. But outside doing dna tests onthe feet prints, or a camera that might have shown it, I can't prove it. And there are peopel who would argue with me till the end of the world. But I know, and you know, and even the person who would argue with me knows. And so it goes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-06, 12:32

At the moment, there simply aren’t enough facts to make any kind of judgment regarding anyone’s criminal conduct. So for the time being, we suspect that special counsel Robert Mueller’s team is more interested in assembling facts than in reaching any conclusions regarding what sort of collusion or coordination would be actionable under what sort of law.

The key point, for present purposes, is that collusion, in and of itself and to the extent it took place, is a political problem, not a legal one. The president will not have to answer for collusion as such in any court. His legal problem, rather, will arise — if it ever arises — only once we know the manner of any collusion and how that activity maps onto the criminal code. Either way, Trump may have to answer to the country if the evidence shows he was willing to do business with an adversary foreign intelligence service to release dirt on a domestic political opponent. Disloyalty of that sort may well be a crime in the eyes of the president’s fellow citizens, if not under the letter of the law.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/06/what-kind-of-crook-is-donald-trump/?utm_content=bufferac1c0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-06, 17:15

Turtleneck wrote:
At the moment, there simply aren’t enough facts to make any kind of judgment regarding anyone’s criminal conduct. So for the time being, we suspect that special counsel Robert Mueller’s team is more interested in assembling facts than in reaching any conclusions regarding what sort of collusion or coordination would be actionable under what sort of law.

The key point, for present purposes, is that collusion, in and of itself and to the extent it took place, is a political problem, not a legal one. The president will not have to answer for collusion as such in any court. His legal problem, rather, will arise — if it ever arises — only once we know the manner of any collusion and how that activity maps onto the criminal code. Either way, Trump may have to answer to the country if the evidence shows he was willing to do business with an adversary foreign intelligence service to release dirt on a domestic political opponent. Disloyalty of that sort may well be a crime in the eyes of the president’s fellow citizens, if not under the letter of the law.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/06/what-kind-of-crook-is-donald-trump/?utm_content=bufferac1c0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Trumpanzees just won't care. They're idiots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-07, 11:59

The spread of Russian-made fake news stories aimed at discrediting Hillary Clinton on social media is emerging as an important line of inquiry in multiple investigations into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Investigators are looking into whether Trump supporters and far-right websites coordinated with Moscow over the release of fake news, including stories implicating Clinton in murder or paedophilia, or paid to boost those stories on Facebook.

The head of the Trump digital camp, Brad Parscale, has reportedly been summoned to appear before the House intelligence committee looking into Moscow’s interference in the 2016 US election. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee carrying out a parallel inquiry, has said that at least 1,000 “paid internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia” were pumping anti-Clinton fake news into social media sites during the campaign.

Sign up for Guardian Today US edition: the day's must-reads sent directly to you
Read more
Warner said there was evidence that this campaign appeared to be focused on key voters in swing states, raising the question over whether there was coordination with US political operatives in directing the flow of bogus stories.

Robert Mueller, the special counsel appointed by the justice department to oversee the investigation into the Russian role in the election, is thought to be looking into all these issues, as well as possible links between Russian fake news factories and far-right sites in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/05/donald-trump-russia-investigation-fake-news-hillary-clinton
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-07, 12:04

All you have to do is follow fox news on social media to see that the paid internet commenter phenomenon has not gone away. You will find that the most vehement support of Trump and the most venomous attacks on left wingers come from dubious accounts. Either using fake names, or based in foreign countries, etc.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-07, 12:07

Rocinante wrote:All you have to do is follow fox news on social media to see that the paid internet commenter phenomenon has not gone away. You will find that the most vehement support of Trump and the most venomous attacks on left wingers come from dubious accounts. Either using fake names, or based in foreign countries, etc.

I have noticed quite a few pro-Trump Twitter accounts that are most likely bots.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-07-07, 12:21

So I didnt come here until after the election.  Was Goose (and his ilk on social media) posting a lot of fake news from Russians?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-07, 16:08

Herbie Green wrote:So I didnt come here until after the election.  Was Goose (and his ilk on social media) posting a lot of fake news from Russians?

the dude certainly was. There may have been a few others. I don't remember Goose being part of that group. He's just the only one left because the rest of them when to 4chan or Reddit
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 09:33

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 11:49

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 13:16

All matters dealing with Russia and the 2016 election are dead. Corey Lewandowski said as much this morning on Fox.

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) DETHL5yUMAA4VNy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-09, 13:49

Keep saying it's nothing and hope the populace that aren't true believers get tired of hearing about it.

Works for Putin in Russia.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 17:39

Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 17:43

Amanda Carpenter‏Verified account
@amandacarpenter
So Don Jr. is openly admitting his father's campaign was willing to accept help from the Russians to damage HRC. Seems pretty big.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-09, 18:07

Turtleneck wrote:Amanda Carpenter‏Verified account
@amandacarpenter
So Don Jr. is openly admitting his father's campaign was willing to accept help from the Russians to damage HRC. Seems pretty big.

Can't read the story until tonight. Does the article say who initiated the meeting? Also, did little Donnie make the demand for negative HRC info first, before meeting the Russian atty, or was the neg HRC info presented first and dangled as a carrot to entice Tiny Hands, Jr. to commit to the meeting?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 18:28

tGreenWay wrote:
Does the article say who initiated the meeting?

According to the story, team Trump is saying the meeting was prompted by an acquaintance of Trump, Jr. This morning Priebus was pushing the idea that the meeting was part of a setup orchestrated by the Democrats.

tGreenWay wrote:did little Donnie make the demand for negative HRC info first, before meeting the Russian atty, or was the neg HRC info presented first and dangled as a carrot to entice Tiny Hands, Jr. to commit to the meeting?

From the story:

In a statement on Sunday, Donald Trump Jr. said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said she then turned the conversation to adoption of Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The law so enraged President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that he retaliated by halting American adoptions of Russian children.

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.

This is actually damaging to Trump, Jr. He clearly admits to be willing to meet for the purposes of getting dirt on Clinton from the Russians, something he previously denied. This also undoes the previous defense that the meeting was all about adoption because, by his own admission, he was motivated to attend based on the promise of dirt on Clinton.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-07-09, 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 18:32

Joy Reid‏Verified account
@JoyAnnReid
At minimum, we now have a pattern: Trump campaign associates (and family members) seeking a Russian election assist via dirt on Clinton.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-09, 18:37

Was watching all the presidents men last night. There's a line from deep throat in it. "Besides, those people up in the White House just aren't as smart as they think they are".

I chuckled.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 18:49

DWags wrote:Was watching all the presidents men last night. There's a line from deep throat in it.  "Besides, those people up in the White House just aren't as smart as they think they are".

I chuckled.

There is something really odd about all of this.

Since we should not assume collusion, let's work with the hypothesis there was no collusion.

With no collusion, lying and foot-in-mouth disease continue to be a real problem for this administration and those associated with it. It is a constant flow of lies about meetings plus other statements and actions that suggests collusion. After a while, one would think they would learn to be more truthful and be more careful with what they do and say.  This administration and those associated with it go out of their way to keep the collusion narrative going, which is odd given there was no collusion.

So why does this administration and those associated with it continue to ignore basic legal advice and exercise little to no common sense on this issue? They clearly want the Russia story to go away. Are they really this arrogant and brazen? Is it stupidity? Or is there a larger strategy we are just not seeing? Since there was no collusion stop helping paint the picture there was collusion.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-09, 19:24

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:
Does the article say who initiated the meeting?

According to the story, team Trump is saying the meeting was prompted by an acquaintance of Trump, Jr. This morning Priebus was pushing the idea that the meeting was part of a setup orchestrated by the Democrats.

tGreenWay wrote:did little Donnie make the demand for negative HRC info first, before meeting the Russian atty, or was the neg HRC info presented first and dangled as a carrot to entice Tiny Hands, Jr. to commit to the meeting?

From the story:

In a statement on Sunday, Donald Trump Jr. said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said she then turned the conversation to adoption of Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The law so enraged President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that he retaliated by halting American adoptions of Russian children.

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.

This is actually damaging because Trump, Jr. clearly admits to be willing to meet for the purposes of getting damaging information about Clinton from the Russians. This undoes the previous defense that this was all about adoption because, by his own admission, he attended only because he thinks he is going to get dirt on Clinton.

1) set up meeting between trump jr and Russians
2) let them get damaging info on Clinton
3) lose the election
4) wait 6 months
5) make sure everyone knows about the meeting

Genius plan. Almost too genius. They almost got away with it to those sneaky democrats.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 20:40

Pence in January

Face the Nation: Did any Trump campaign member have contact with the Russians?

Pence: Of course not.

Now we find out Trump Jr. took a meeting with Russians based solely on the premis that he would be getting dirt on Clinton. Pence got played.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 22:01

Trump, Jr. on Saturday

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) DEUmlN3WAAEMMPV

Trump, Jr. on Sunday

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) DEUmlN2XoAEFJWB
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 00:57

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) Img_0116

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) Img_0115

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 09:42

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Trumpanzees just won't care.  They're idiots.

I asked Trump voters in Michigan about the Russia investigation. They said it's fake news.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/10/15904600/trump-russia-investigation-michigan-supporters
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 21:27

Russian Government Sought to Aid Trump’s Candidacy, According to Email
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

Mr. Goldstone’s message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign. There is no evidence to suggest that the promised damaging information was related to Russian government computer hacking that led to the release of thousands of Democratic National Committee emails.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-10, 21:34

So what are you saying, maybe Don Jr. lies also?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-10, 21:54

Is Pence the only one who didn't meet with any Russians?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 22:00

NigelUno wrote:Is Pence the only one who didn't meet with any Russians?

At this point, the list of people who did not meet with Russians is shorter than the list of who did.

Who did not meet with Russians:
Pence
Turtleneck from tSwill
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-10, 22:01

I did not meet with any Russians
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-10, 22:02

Oh, I forgot about that one time. It wasn't a big deal.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-10, 22:02

So, here's the thing. Yeah, sure I brought the campaign manager and Jared along but we were just talking about adoption.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-10, 22:03

Actually we were just trying to get dirt on Hillary. It's fine. It's fine. Man we didn't even get anything out of it. So it's fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-10, 22:16

I can see why Donnie Jr has decided to lawyer up.

In his convoluted mind flipping the narrative to saying he was tricked because the meeting was supposed to be about getting information that would damage Hillary Clinton's campaign but turned out to be about adopting Russian orphans means he's the real victim.

Meanwhile turns out Kushner advised his father-in-law to encourage the Saudi's to turn on Qatar after a financier from that country opted out of giving Kushner a $500M loan.  Basically if you don't bail out Ivanka's husband he'll get retribution using his father-in-law's political office.

Makes me wonder how many others are rolling over and coming through with money for Kushner's real estate ventures to avoid the wrath of the profiteer President.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jared-kushner-sought-500m-loan-qatar-based-investor-article-1.3316099

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-07-10, 22:44; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-10, 22:16

You know it's bad when they bring Kellyanne out to spin.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 22:19

Susan Hennessey‏Verified account
@Susan_Hennessey
I cannot say this strongly or sincerely enough. If you work in the White House, you need to have a plan in place for retaining a lawyer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 22:34

Dan Merica‏Verified account
@danmericaCNN
VP Mike Pence was previously unaware of Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, his spox tells CNN
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-10, 22:51

Turtleneck wrote:Dan Merica‏Verified account
@danmericaCNN
VP Mike Pence was previously unaware of Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, his spox tells CNN

Pence is an unaware VP. He was also "unaware" of General Flynn's contact with the Russian ambassador.

He needs to be represented by Nathan Thurm.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next