Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice corporate compliance official resigns

4 posters

Go down

Justice corporate compliance official resigns Empty Justice corporate compliance official resigns

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-03, 12:38

“To sit across the table from companies and question how committed they were to ethics and compliance felt not only hypocritical, but very much like shuffling the deck chair on the Titanic," Chen wrote.

The former federal prosecutor pointed to the multiple lawsuits filed against President Trump questioning the legality of his ties to his family business empire.
"Even as I engaged in those questioning and evaluations, on my mind were the numerous lawsuits pending against the President of the United States for everything from violations of the Constitution to conflict of interest, the ongoing investigations of potentially treasonous conducts, and the investigators and prosecutors fired for their pursuits of principles and facts," she continued.

"Those are conducts I would not tolerate seeing in a company, yet I worked under an administration that engaged in exactly those conduct. I wanted no more part in it,” Chen said, adding that management in her office "persistently prohibited me from public speaking."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340472-doj-corporate-compliance-watchdog-resigns-cites-trumps-conduct
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Justice corporate compliance official resigns Empty Re: Justice corporate compliance official resigns

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-06, 13:04

U.S. Government Ethics Chief Will Resign, Casting Uncertainty Over Agency

WASHINGTON — Walter M. Shaub Jr., the government’s top ethics watchdog who has repeatedly gone head-to-head with the Trump administration over conflicts of interest, said on Thursday that he was calling it quits.

Mr. Shaub’s five-year term as the director of the Office of Government Ethics is not set to expire until January, but with little chance of renewal and an appealing offer in hand from a nonpartisan advocacy group, he said the time was right to leave.

“There isn’t much more I could accomplish at the Office of Government Ethics, given the current situation,” Mr. Shaub said. “O.G.E.’s recent experiences have made it clear that the ethics program needs to be strengthened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/us/politics/walter-shaub-office-of-government-ethics-resign.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Justice corporate compliance official resigns Empty Re: Justice corporate compliance official resigns

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-06, 13:39

Haha!! Take that liberals!! Conflict of interest mondflipt of schmindrist. ROFL.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 14:08

Justice corporate compliance official resigns DETprn2W0AAyIwU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-09, 14:19

Elect a profiteer who's always put his companies profits first over what he's promised and refuses to make his tax returns public.

It's what our country deserves.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-09, 14:23

Rocinante wrote:Haha!! Take that liberals!! Conflict of interest mondflipt of schmindrist. ROFL.

Part of the deep state, can't be trusted.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down