Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trent Franks Resigns

4 posters

Go down

Trent Franks Resigns  Empty Trent Franks Resigns

Post by Turtleneck Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) announced on Thursday that he is resigning from Congress amid allegations of sexual misconduct—specifically that he asked two female staffers about being surrogates for his children. “I have absolutely never physically intimidated, coerced, or had, or attempted to have, any sexual contact with any member of my congressional staff,” Franks said in a statement. But he admitted to conduct that “made certain individuals uncomfortable,” including “discussion” of surrogacy in the workplace. Franks said he and his wife “have long struggled with infertility” and experienced three miscarriages.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-trent-franks-resigns-over-sexual-harassment-allegations
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trent Franks Resigns  Empty Re: Trent Franks Resigns

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Gosh, unlike Conyers and Franken he admits he made people uncomfortable. Seems weird that he's quitting over a surrogacy discussion. If that's all there is then it's becoming a mad, mad world.

1st to actually be gone? Franks or Franken?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Gosh, unlike Conyers and Franken he admits he made people uncomfortable. Seems weird that he's quitting over a surrogacy discussion. If that's all there is then it's becoming a mad, mad world.

1st to actually be gone? Franks or Franken?

As long as you're keeping track...has Trump ever admitted making people uncomfortable or Moore?

Should I wait for you to answer that? Or will you just deflect, ignore, or disappear again?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 pm

A lot of support for the pussy grabber still out there because he's going to make sure the SCOTUS end abortion.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:08 pm

If you are asking why many of the accusers did not come forward when these events took place, it was likely because they were often professionally punished for even resisting. In this case, Franks pulled an internship offer because a law school student would not come to his house for a final interview on a Sunday night when his family was gone. Two weeks ago there was a story of a women who did go public with her claim years ago, and never found work in D.C. again.

Several weeks went by. Then something unusual happened. The congressman called me on my cellphone — from his cellphone — late on a Sunday night. He mentioned that his family wasn’t home and asked me whether I could come over that night for a “final one-on-one interview” with him.

I was stunned. Senior members of his staff had interviewed me weeks before and offered me the position. After speaking with my family, I called the congressman back and told him I didn’t feel comfortable going to his house. In that case, he told me, the internship offer was rescinded.

I should have marched back into the congressman’s office the next morning and demanded that they honor their offer. Or I should have gone to House leadership and made a formal report. But I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers, and, at that point, I didn’t want to work for a member who would rescind a job offer because I wouldn’t go to his house alone late at night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trent-franks-rescinded-my-internship-when-i-wouldnt-come-to-his-house/2017/12/15/7972ed14-e1ba-11e7-bbd0-9dfb2e37492a_story.html?utm_term=.ba29e5a5e3ff
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:32 am

Turtleneck wrote:If you are asking why many of the accusers did not come forward when these events took place, it was likely because they were often professionally punished for even resisting. In this case, Franks pulled an internship offer because a law school student would not come to his house for a final interview on a Sunday night when his family was gone. Two weeks ago there was a story of a women who did go public with her claim years ago, and never found work in D.C. again.

Several weeks went by. Then something unusual happened. The congressman called me on my cellphone — from his cellphone — late on a Sunday night. He mentioned that his family wasn’t home and asked me whether I could come over that night for a “final one-on-one interview” with him.

I was stunned. Senior members of his staff had interviewed me weeks before and offered me the position. After speaking with my family, I called the congressman back and told him I didn’t feel comfortable going to his house. In that case, he told me, the internship offer was rescinded.

I should have marched back into the congressman’s office the next morning and demanded that they honor their offer. Or I should have gone to House leadership and made a formal report. But I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers, and, at that point, I didn’t want to work for a member who would rescind a job offer because I wouldn’t go to his house alone late at night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trent-franks-rescinded-my-internship-when-i-wouldnt-come-to-his-house/2017/12/15/7972ed14-e1ba-11e7-bbd0-9dfb2e37492a_story.html?utm_term=.ba29e5a5e3ff

Sure, just an uncomfortable but otherwise harmless surrogacy question, but come to my home when I'll be alone. You need to pass your final interview.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down