Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ivanka Trump: "I try to stay out of politics"

2 posters

Go down

Ivanka Trump: "I try to stay out of politics" Empty Ivanka Trump: "I try to stay out of politics"

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 12:33

Ivanka Trump briefly sits in for her father at G20 session
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/politics/ivanka-sits-in-president-g20/index.html

Hamburg, Germany (CNN)Ivanka Trump, President Donald Trump's daughter and one of his top White House aides, briefly took her father's place at a meeting with other world leaders at the G20 summit here in Hamburg on Saturday, causing a stir among Trump critics on social media.

A photo of the first daughter sitting next to Chinese President Xi Jinping, British Prime Minister Theresa May, Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan and German Chancellor Angela Merkel was first tweeted by Svetlana Lukash, who identifies herself on Twitter as a G20 Russian sherpa, a title given to people who help international delegations at large summits.
A senior Trump administration official confirmed that Ivanka Trump had stepped in for her father, but dismissed any suggestion it was improper or unusual.
"Ivanka was sitting in the back and then briefly joined the main table when the President had to step out, and the president of the World Bank started talking as the topic involved areas such as African development -- areas that will benefit from the facility just announced by the World Bank," the official said, referencing a initiative Ivanka Trump has spearheaded that looks to fund women entrepreneurs.

It is not unusual for leaders to have members of their delegation sit in while they attend one-on-one meetings. Merkel came to Trump's defense.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday defended President Trump’s daughter Ivanka for briefly sitting in for her father during a Group of 20 summit meeting in Germany.

Merkel, who served as the host leader of this year's summit, said at a news conference that it was up to individual nations to decide who represents them, Bloomberg reported.

"The delegations themselves decide, should the president not be present for a meeting, who will then take over and sit in the chair,” Merkel said, according to the report.

“Ivanka Trump was part and parcel of the American delegation so that is something that other delegations also do. It’s very well known that she works at the White House and is also engaged in certain initiatives.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/341129-merkel-defends-ivanka-trump-for-sitting-in-at-g20-meeting

However, when leaders have members of their delegation sit in, they are usually qualified diplomats or experts of some sort. They are usually qualified beyond being the leader's daughter. I wonder how Trump supporters would have reacted if that had been Hillary having Chelsea sit in on a meeting?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-07-09, 12:51; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ivanka Trump: "I try to stay out of politics" Empty Re: Ivanka Trump: "I try to stay out of politics"

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-09, 12:50

Turtleneck wrote:

Ivanka Trump briefly sits in for her father at G20 session
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/politics/ivanka-sits-in-president-g20/index.html

Hamburg, Germany (CNN)Ivanka Trump, President Donald Trump's daughter and one of his top White House aides, briefly took her father's place at a meeting with other world leaders at the G20 summit here in Hamburg on Saturday, causing a stir among Trump critics on social media.

A photo of the first daughter sitting next to Chinese President Xi Jinping, British Prime Minister Theresa May, Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan and German Chancellor Angela Merkel was first tweeted by Svetlana Lukash, who identifies herself on Twitter as a G20 Russian sherpa, a title given to people who help international delegations at large summits.
A senior Trump administration official confirmed that Ivanka Trump had stepped in for her father, but dismissed any suggestion it was improper or unusual.
"Ivanka was sitting in the back and then briefly joined the main table when the President had to step out, and the president of the World Bank started talking as the topic involved areas such as African development -- areas that will benefit from the facility just announced by the World Bank," the official said, referencing a initiative Ivanka Trump has spearheaded that looks to fund women entrepreneurs.

It is not unusual for leaders to have members of their delegation sit in while they attend one-on-one meetings. Merkel came to Trump's defense.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Saturday defended President Trump’s daughter Ivanka for briefly sitting in for her father during a Group of 20 summit meeting in Germany.

Merkel, who served as the host leader of this year's summit, said at a news conference that it was up to individual nations to decide who represents them, Bloomberg reported.

"The delegations themselves decide, should the president not be present for a meeting, who will then take over and sit in the chair,” Merkel said, according to the report.

“Ivanka Trump was part and parcel of the American delegation so that is something that other delegations also do. It’s very well known that she works at the White House and is also engaged in certain initiatives.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/341129-merkel-defends-ivanka-trump-for-sitting-in-at-g20-meeting

However, when leaders have members of their delegation sit in, they are usually qualified diplomates or experts of some sort. They are usually qualified beyond being the leader's daughter. I wonder how Trump supporters would have reacted if that had been Hillary having Chelsea sit in on a meeting.

You wonder...lol. It would have been a close 2nd to Bengahzi. Although I wouldn't have defended it that's not a good look political parties aside.

In Trumps defense he trust family over all so that's his MO and what people voted for.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down