Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Gard

+2
Turtleneck
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Charlie Gard Empty Charlie Gard

Post by DWags 2017-07-09, 18:56

Jesus. Let him come here. Wtf is wrong with England.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Charlie Gard Empty Re: Charlie Gard

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-09, 19:11

DWags wrote: Wtf is wrong with England.

Wtf is not wrong with England is a much shorter list.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-09, 20:07

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote: Wtf is wrong with England.

If that's my kid, I do anything. Anything.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-09, 20:27

Hope he gets treatment here or Rome, wherever it's best. Cant help but wonder, though, if this baby were any color but white (and presumably Christian), would these two Congressmen be tripping over themselves to fast track residency legislation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-09, 21:02

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If that's my kid, I do anything.  Anything.

It wasn't his parent's choice.   Under single payer it's the State's choice.

The state was barring him from coming here even using private funds raised for that purpose. It would set bad example.

Only now are they buckling under the uproar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-09, 21:06

If Charlie's folks were required to use the current US system with policies of $500K to $1M per family they may have a different idea of finality. Instead they would rather hope a US Congress that just passed a law taking away coverage from millions of Americans will make a grand exception to the health care they think costs too much.

More grandstanding.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-07-09, 21:15

I bet there are some children in Syria who desperately need medical attention as well. You think Trump will invite them to come here on twitter too?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-09, 21:17

I agree with wags, if they raised the money they have the right to do what they want with the kid. Of course that's not British law and it has NOTHING to do with socialized medicine
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-12, 20:07

Doctors Across The World Are Fighting To Treat Charlie Gard. Will The UK Let Them?

Why has the case of British 11-month-old baby Charlie Gard struck an international nerve? At its core, this controversy is about state infringement on parental rights. The question is, whose child is Charlie: his parents’ or the state’s? Why is the hospital holding him hostage and by what authority can it override his parents’ wish to pursue therapy that could help Charlie?

President Trump, Pope Francis, 40 European parliament members, members of Congress, Terri Schiavo’s brother Bobby Schindler, and even Cher have weighed in, all agreeing the hospital should release Charlie to his parents.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-14, 10:38

Ironic that the same Donald Trump who tried to weasel out of paying long term care for his deceased brother's son is vying with the pope for Humanitarian of The Year.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-14, 11:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Ironic that the same Donald Trump who tried to weasel out of paying long term care for his deceased brother's son is vying with the pope for Humanitarian of The Year.

So your position is that we are all responsible for the bills of our nieces and nephews?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-14, 11:26

My position doesn't require me to defend a sexual predictors who attempted to save money by stiffing his former sister-in-law (death of Trump's brother) regarding his nephew's long term care.

Here's where it gets complicated for zealots and convenient conservatives like yourself. You want to fly young Mr. Hard to the US for experimental drug treatment while at the same time you support a President who wants to slash NHS and university based research that lead to creation of the experimental drug that Gard's parents want to be used.

How can you trust the drug? It has its basis on science and we know scientists just have opinions and create Fake News to make reasons to get more government money which you favor reducing as a common sense convenient conservative.

This is another case of pious grandstandingby you and Trump.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-14, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Ironic that the same Donald Trump who tried to weasel out of paying long term care for his deceased brother's son is vying with the pope for Humanitarian of The Year.

So your position is that we are all responsible for the bills of our nieces and nephews?

Depending on the situation I'd say I am. Always have been. My family, however, might be a bit weird. If my brother or sister couldn't do something for their kids and I could, I did. They'd do the same. I think when my sister had to be a single mom it changed dynamics. You feel for your siblings. Certainly nobody thinks you're responsible, but you do what you can. It might also be that bullshit catholic guilt godfather crap I was raised with too.

Maybe Trump didn't have the means to do it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-14, 19:53

Correction.

It was his deceased brother's grandchild. Trump's nephew's son.

Fred Trump Jr. died at 43 in 1981. Fred Trump Sr died in 1999.

According to the link Fred Trump III spoke at his grandfather's funeral and that evening Fred III's wife delivered a baby with cerebral palsey. The Trump family promised to take care of the child.

Then Fred Trump Sr will was opened and the family found Fred Sr had written Fred Jr out of the will and they knew Donald had assisted his father rewriting the will who had suffered from dementia. . The approximate $20M that would have been an equal share was divided among the remaining living siblings.

Donald's revenge was stopping payments for the child's care.

You can still save the great humanitarian bullshit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382756/Donald-Trump-cut-medical-treatment-nephew-s-sick-baby.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down