Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk"

3 posters

Go down

DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk" Empty DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk"

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-13, 09:23

I am not sure how a person says that to a newspaper.

The acting head of the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights apologized late Wednesday after comments she made about campus sexual violence sparked outrage.

Candice Jackson, the acting head of the civil rights office, told The New York Times that 90 percent of cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk,' 'we broke up, and six months later I found myself under a Title IX investigation because she just decided that our last sleeping together was not quite right.'"

Later, in a written apology, Jackson said that what she said was "flippant, and I am sorry."

“As a survivor of rape myself, I would never seek to diminish anyone’s experience," the apology said. "My words in the New York Times poorly characterized the conversations I’ve had with countless groups of advocates ... All sexual harassment and sexual assault must be taken seriously — which has always been my position and will always be the position of this Department.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/12/candice-jackson-campus-sexual-assault-drunk-240464
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk" Empty Re: DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk"

Post by DWags 2017-07-13, 10:12

Turtleneck wrote:I am not sure how a person says that to a newspaper.

The acting head of the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights apologized late Wednesday after comments she made about campus sexual violence sparked outrage.

Candice Jackson, the acting head of the civil rights office, told The New York Times that 90 percent of cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk,' 'we broke up, and six months later I found myself under a Title IX investigation because she just decided that our last sleeping together was not quite right.'"

Later, in a written apology, Jackson said that what she said was "flippant, and I am sorry."

“As a survivor of rape myself, I would never seek to diminish anyone’s experience," the apology said. "My words in the New York Times poorly characterized the conversations I’ve had with countless groups of advocates ... All sexual harassment and sexual assault must be taken seriously — which has always been my position and will always be the position of this Department.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/12/candice-jackson-campus-sexual-assault-drunk-240464

DOE

DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk" 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk" Empty Re: DOE official apologizes for saying that 90% of campus sexual assault cases "fall into the category of ‘we were both drunk"

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-13, 10:21

Trump World
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-13, 11:09

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump World

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-14, 11:14

The day one of Betsy DeVos' daughters or granddaughters are sexually assaulted there will be a 180. Always is.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down