Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC just gets weirder by the moment...

+4
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DC just gets weirder by the moment... - Page 2 Empty Re: DC just gets weirder by the moment...

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 02:01

McConnell: VP and president "could not have been more involved."

Way to put it in their lap, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DC just gets weirder by the moment... - Page 2 Empty Re: DC just gets weirder by the moment...

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-28, 02:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I do not know what to make of Ben Sasse. Plz help. He seems like he could be the kind of conservative that I could live with (maybe that's just because he's young?) but he pretty much was a constant yes on this kind of stuff. He was never in he doubt column. So, it's like, I disagree with all of his politics I guess. I don't really know all of his politics. But maybe I wouldn't hate him if I did. But I guess I prolly would if I found out more. I guess. I don't know.

I think he might be in the list of future potential presidents that I regularly update for dwags to make him happy that democrats aren't all schummer and pelosi. Kennedy, Murphy, Booker, Schiff, etc. then the republican side... Sasse, whoever runs dancing with the stars.

Are you drunk?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 02:02

Yes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 02:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I do not know what to make of Ben Sasse. Plz help. He seems like he could be the kind of conservative that I could live with (maybe that's just because he's young?) but he pretty much was a constant yes on this kind of stuff. He was never in he doubt column. So, it's like, I disagree with all of his politics I guess. I don't really know all of his politics. But maybe I wouldn't hate him if I did. But I guess I prolly would if I found out more. I guess. I don't know.

I think he might be in the list of future potential presidents that I regularly update for dwags to make him happy that democrats aren't all schummer and pelosi. Kennedy, Murphy, Booker, Schiff, etc. then the republican side... Sasse, whoever runs dancing with the stars.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/ben-sasse/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 02:05

Turtleneck wrote:

Sasse is very critical of Trump (but tends to vote for legislation supported by Trump). That is why liberals are drawn to him right now. If Trump is not in the picture, liberals do not like him at all; he is way too conservative for liberals. But those are policy differences, which are to be expected. You could live with him in the sense that your fight with him would be about policy issues and not so much disrespecting, disrupting, and destroying democratic norms, values, and institutions.

He also has a decent sense of humor and gets pop culture references, so that also makes him a bit more likable.

So what you're saying is he's not a total fucking lunatic like a lot of conservatives so I think crazy thoughts like "hey, maybe he's not so bad" because I'm used to conservatives being off their fucking rocker nuts.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-28, 02:06

Turtleneck wrote:McConnell: VP and president "could not have been more involved."

Way to put it in their lap, too.

This is where the rubber meets the road. If ever this dumpster fire of a President had a chance to say, "You know what, I promised, I failed. Let's work together and maybe we can come to a compromise for all Americans".  Now is the time.

Can't believe I typed that after accusing another poster in good standing of drinking. There's some irony!

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2017-07-28, 02:07; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 02:06

I prolly wouldn't actually like him once you get past the fact that he doesn't act like a maniac like the rest of them.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-07-28, 02:09; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 02:08

Keep an eye on Kirsten Gillibrand @TCosmos
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 02:13

I'm laughing at this harder than I should. Probably because I'm drunk.

DC just gets weirder by the moment... - Page 2 Img_2710
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-28, 03:13

Turtleneck wrote:Keep an eye on Kirsten Gillibrand @TCosmos

She's the one I've been keeping an eye on for '20. A dark horse candidate would be Amy Klobuchar.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-28, 03:19

Turtleneck wrote:McConnell: "Many of our colleagues on the other side are celebrating. Probably pretty happy about all of this."

Am I wrong to remember the House GOP throwing a keg party after they passed repeal and replace legislation?

Some Republicans blame Obama for the financial crisis, you'll have to forgive them for the short term memory loss. It seems to happen often when they are in charge.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-28, 08:55

McCain must really dislike Trump, Pence and McConnell to vote the way he did to extend and then not follow Johnson and Graham by getting in line at the 11th hour.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-07-28, 08:58

GRR Spartan wrote:McCain must really dislike Trump, Pence and McConnell to vote the way he did to extend and then not follow Johnson and Graham by getting in line at the 11th hour.
This is also the Senate Republican's way out. Nothing passes, status quo stays the same, all of them, except the 3 that voted no get to continue to say they were working for the American people. McCain is done as a Senator, and the other 2 were pretty moderate anyway. Also, now all the republican's can say they worked with the president, to not get his ire and they move on. Good theatre.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-28, 09:10

GRR Spartan wrote:McCain must really dislike Trump, Pence and McConnell to vote the way he did to extend and then not follow Johnson and Graham by getting in line at the 11th hour.

I'm sure if someone insulted you publicly for being a POW in a war on the way to getting elected president I'm 99 percent certain most people wouldn't forget that.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2