Last night I snuck into Madison Square Garden and caught the end of the Phish show - what an awful band

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last night I snuck into Madison Square Garden and caught the end of the Phish show - what an awful band

Post by gHost Spartan on 2017-08-05, 10:14

Headed over to Citi Field last night to see Darvish's LA Dodgers debut against de Grom. Prior to the game, I ran 12 miles and did 600 rock steps in the sweltering heat but didn't hydrate well enough. Pounded a few beers at the game and had an amazing drinking/dehydration combo working for me - it felt great. Had a great time at the game then hopped on LIRR back to Penn Station. My ex-gf was in the City last night and wanted to meet for a drink but she was way uptown so I said "Meet me at Penn Station." She's like "I'll be there in 45 mins."

So I was milling around MSG and thought fuck it lemme try to sneak into the show. I literally walked up to one of the entrances and just fucking walked in!!! I was in like Section 227 or something. Place was fucking packed. Dirty hippies everywhere... LOL... watched these guys, Phish, and man... after all these years I still don't get it. These filthy dirtbag hippies were jizzing all over themselves... fucking place reeked too. Bad combo of weed, offensive body odor, petrulli oil, and all those other distinctive hippie potions they sell at those hippie shops. My God it was awful. But, at the same time, I have to admit that I was quite intrigued by the interaction between the band and the scummy hippie audience. It was a hilarity but I felt a little sympathetic too.

Anyway, my ex-gf texted me and I walked out to meet her then hit the bar. Later on we saw some hippie scum milling around in various places around the city and Hobo.
gHost Spartan
Ephor (Advocate)
Ephor (Advocate)

Back to top Go down

Re: Last night I snuck into Madison Square Garden and caught the end of the Phish show - what an awful band

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-05, 10:46

Now you know how I feel when I'm in Midland.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Last night I snuck into Madison Square Garden and caught the end of the Phish show - what an awful band

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-05, 11:08

LooseGoose wrote:Now you know how I feel when I'm in Midland.

Is meeting Dave Camp for coffee like going to a Phish show?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-08-05, 11:11

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Now you know how I feel when I'm in Midland.

Is meeting Dave Camp for coffee like going to a Phish show?

No, meeting Dave Camp or his buddy Bill Schuette would be like going to perdition.
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-08-05, 11:23

I have been to about 30 dead shows and WSP shows yet never saw Phish once.  They never appealed to me and I didnt make any effort.
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum