Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have never bought an app

+8
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
InTenSity
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
12 posters

Go down

I have never bought an app Empty I have never bought an app

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-18, 22:51

I've never bought one for a few reasons: I just don't care, I'm cheap, and there's nothing I need. I'm a simple girl.

What am I missing?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I have never bought an app Empty Re: I have never bought an app

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-18, 23:03

I'm with you, although I'm thinking about getting a high-falutin weather app so I can get more precise radar. Just don't know which to get right now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-09-18, 23:35

Never bought an app but spent a buck for the first 7 seconds of this as a ringtone

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-19, 00:02

I have never bought an app 1486952199 I might have to get his tshirt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-19, 06:20

tGreenWay wrote:I'm with you, although I'm thinking about getting a high-falutin weather app so I can get more precise radar. Just don't know which to get right now.
I bought radar now a few years ago. I think it was $5 for lifetime. I like it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-19, 06:58

tGreenWay wrote:I have never bought an app 1486952199 I might have to get his tshirt.

Does he have it on a hat?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 07:44

Dendrobates wrote:I've never bought one for a few reasons: I just don't care, I'm cheap, and there's nothing I need. I'm a simple girl.

What am I missing?
I never have either. I'm not even entirely sure what an "app" is - though I have a vague idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 08:40

Dendrobates wrote:I've never bought one for a few reasons: I just don't care, I'm cheap, and there's nothing I need. I'm a simple girl.

What am I missing?

I bought a sweet hunting app that shows property lines and property owners. Comes in handy if you shoot a deer and runs onto another property (we have some edge stands) so you can contact that property owner for permission.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 09:16

gHost Spartan wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

I bought a sweet hunting app that shows property lines and property owners. Comes in handy if you shoot a deer and runs onto another property (we have some edge stands) so you can contact that property owner for permission.

Bee, seriously, how do you feel about Ted Nugent shitting on himself to avoid the Vietnam War? Answer honestly - don't you think he's a coward and traitor?

lol! gHost is anti-war. gHost is anti-draft. gHost is anti-Nugent. gHost's hatred for Nugent makes him ignore that he is also anti-war and anti-draft.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-19, 09:17

But he still crapped his pants to avoid the draft. Pussy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-19, 09:31

Death Roe wrote:But he still crapped his pants to avoid the draft. Pussy.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f*cking swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherf*ckin’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?
Questioned about that account some thirty years later (by which time Nugent was known as a staunch political conservative, a supporter of the Republican Party, and an advocate of hunting and gun ownership rights) in an interview with the UK’s Independent newspaper, Nugent disclaimed that previous account of his draft-evading activities as story he had made up and fed to a gullible High Times reporter and asserted that he actually had avoided the draft through the legitimate means of a student deferment:

An analysis of Ted Nugent’s Selective Service classification record doesn’t prove or disprove either version of the story. He did indeed receive a high school student deferment (1-S) in 1967 and then (as he stated) a college student deferment (2-S) in 1968. However, he was reclassified as “available for military service” (1-A) in 1969 and then subsequently rejected as a result of a physical examination and given a 1-Y classification. (The 1-Y classification denoted persons “qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency” and was generally assigned to registrants who had exhibited medical conditions that were limiting but not disabling.) After the 1-Y classification was eliminated by the Selective Service at the end of 1971, Nugent was reclassified as 4-F (“registrant not qualified for any military service”).

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugent.asp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-19, 09:34

I've never understood this whole business of apps being glorified versions of a company's website functionality.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-19, 09:35

Goose, let me have this. Come on.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 09:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Death Roe wrote:But he still crapped his pants to avoid the draft. Pussy.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f*cking swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherf*ckin’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?
Questioned about that account some thirty years later (by which time Nugent was known as a staunch political conservative, a supporter of the Republican Party, and an advocate of hunting and gun ownership rights) in an interview with the UK’s Independent newspaper, Nugent disclaimed that previous account of his draft-evading activities as story he had made up and fed to a gullible High Times reporter and asserted that he actually had avoided the draft through the legitimate means of a student deferment:

An analysis of Ted Nugent’s Selective Service classification record doesn’t prove or disprove either version of the story. He did indeed receive a high school student deferment (1-S) in 1967 and then (as he stated) a college student deferment (2-S) in 1968. However, he was reclassified as “available for military service” (1-A) in 1969 and then subsequently rejected as a result of a physical examination and given a 1-Y classification. (The 1-Y classification denoted persons “qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency” and was generally assigned to registrants who had exhibited medical conditions that were limiting but not disabling.) After the 1-Y classification was eliminated by the Selective Service at the end of 1971, Nugent was reclassified as 4-F (“registrant not qualified for any military service”).

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugent.asp
he sounds like a typical flag-wavin', hate-filled, knuckle-draggin' christian.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 10:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:I've never understood this whole business of apps being glorified versions of a company's website functionality.

There has been market research conducted that shows that simply having a mobile website, vs having an app that is essentially just a mobile website drives more traffic. People like the idea of downloading and installing apps.

Whether they stay or not depends on functionality, and a native-app has much more true functionality than the glorified mobile web app app does.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-19, 10:09

Death Roe wrote:Goose, let me have this. Come on.

It happened. The interview was in the Free Press.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 10:48

gHost Spartan wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

lol! gHost is anti-war. gHost is anti-draft. gHost is anti-Nugent. gHost's hatred for Nugent makes him ignore that he is also anti-war and anti-draft.

Who said I was anti-war? Point is, Nugent is a coward. He should have enlisted.

Well since you enlisted yourself I will leave that judgment to you. Peace brother.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-19, 10:53

LWS, did you ever enlist?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-19, 11:06

DFP Magazine, 7-15-1990.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/214489436/ted-nugent-grows-up-the-detroit-free-press-magazine-july-15-1990
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 11:20

Death Roe wrote:LWS, did you ever enlist?

Nope. Which is why I won't judge based on this. Peace brother.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 11:22

What am I missing?

I apologize for being the catalyst, though not the person that started it, for you thread being hijacked. Why gHost didn't send me a PM on this issue only he can answer. My guess is he had a bigger agenda than just discussing it privately.

But I've given up trying to figure out why the posters here do what they do.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-19, 14:01

TheReal_LWS wrote:

What am I missing?

I apologize for being the catalyst, though not the person that started it, for you thread being hijacked. Why gHost didn't send me a PM on this issue only he can answer. My guess is he had a bigger agenda than just discussing it privately.

But I've given up trying to figure out why the posters here do what they do.

You're such a creep.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-19, 14:03

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Death Roe wrote:LWS, did you ever enlist?

Go ahead and judge, you're good at it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 14:11

wait.. you have to buy apps?

I don't think I know what an app is.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-19, 14:12

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Not as good as you are.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-19, 14:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Not as good as you are.

GreenWay just got #eviscerated.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-20, 12:09

gHost Spartan wrote:I bought the MLB app a few years in a row when I was a lot more into baseball than I am now. I can't remember how much it was but it was pretty awesome. You could stream the broadcast to any MLB game on your iPhone. This was years ago - maybe the second generation iPhone - the 3G.

That just doesn't matter much to me. Even if it was all for MSU related, it's just not a must for me.

Nice job talking BS you guys! I have never bought an app 1431518612I have never bought an app 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-20, 12:11

Dendrobates wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I bought the MLB app a few years in a row when I was a lot more into baseball than I am now. I can't remember how much it was but it was pretty awesome. You could stream the broadcast to any MLB game on your iPhone. This was years ago - maybe the second generation iPhone - the 3G.

That just doesn't matter much to me. Even if it was all for MSU related, it's just not a must for me.

Nice job talking BS you guys! I have never bought an app 1431518612I have never bought an app 502811600
I've never bought an app. This thread made me realize that I don't even know what an app is.

So I thank you for that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-20, 12:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I've never bought an app. This thread made me realize that I don't even know what an app is.

So I thank you for that.
Well I've only downloaded free ones. If it costs something, than I think I don't really need it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-20, 12:18

Death Roe wrote:Goose, let me have this. Come on.

It's ok, he used that story many times 40 years ago....back then it was cool to be a draft dodger, now it's not. People change, things change.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-09-20, 12:47

The only app I bought was WeatherBug way back when... to get the action satellite motion view.  And, eventually, they basically dropped the entire "privileged class" of user.  I think the problem with paying is that the longevity of the company and the entire cost model is still moving around.

In other words, I don't pay for apps.

Last edited by SawGreen on 2017-09-20, 15:36; edited 1 time in total
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-20, 13:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

So I thank you for that.
You've said this three times in this thread. You don't know what an app is, but you've come back three times to tell us that. Bro, you're trying to hard to push this part of your schtick.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down