Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss

+14
Rick Saunders
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
Death Roe
Turtleneck
steveschneider
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Senior Dickfist
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-20, 23:48

is this the thread to discuss the UCLA vs USC volleyball match on ESPNu?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 Empty Re: Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss

Post by DWags 2017-09-20, 23:51

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Just re-establishing why I actually started this thread.   Found this on the internet today and I liked it.

Pretty sure he's a scum fan.

Look, I know him.  I had a smoke with him once in 1990.  Dont' tell me what you don't know about my best friend ever Bob Seger.

You're dumb
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 23:51

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Last I checked, MSU hasn't named a lab after him.

Last I checked Stanford hasn't given him a NC ring for basketball.

You're really dumb

He won the ring; they gave him his own lab.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-20, 23:52

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Last I checked Stanford hasn't given him a NC ring for basketball.

You're really dumb

Prove he didn't win the lab.   You don't know shit tGreenway.   You didn't know he existed till Pantry brought him up.  Now you say stanford is giving him all this shit so you're confused if he cheered for those assholes over us in the Rosebowl
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 23:54

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pretty sure he's a scum fan.

Look, I know him.  I had a smoke with him once in 1990.  Dont' tell me what you don't know about my best friend ever Bob Seger.

You're dumb

You spent all that time with him and failed to turn him into a Spartan fan? You're a cigarette-smelling failure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 23:55

MattyFresh wrote:is this the thread to discuss the UCLA vs USC volleyball match on ESPNu?

Yes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-21, 00:00

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Prove he didn't win the lab.   You don't know shit tGreenway.   You didn't know he existed till Pantry brought him up.  Now you say stanford is giving him all this shit so you're confused if he cheered for those assholes over us in the Rosebowl

I knew about Stanford naming a lab after him. You'd have to be a moran Spartan fan to not know that. Sorry Pantry. Not sorry, DWags. I'm pretty sure I've even posted that info before, if not on this board, then on TOB. Stay in your lane, DWags. Stay. In. Your. Lane.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-21, 00:04

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I knew about Stanford naming a lab after him. You'd have to be a moran Spartan fan to not know that. Sorry Pantry. Not sorry, DWags. I'm pretty sure I've even posted that info before, if not on this board, then on TOB. Stay in your lane, DWags. Stay. In. Your. Lane.

Yeah?! Well the jerk store called. They wanted to know why some dumb ass would think a guy who won a nc at a school would be cheering for that schools opponent.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-21, 00:10

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah?!  Well the jerk store called.   They wanted to know why some dumb ass would think a guy who won a nc at a school would be cheering for that schools opponent.

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 LSF58DC
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-22, 11:40

I'd rank Tom Petty above them both.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-22, 12:28

steveschneider wrote:I'd rank Tom Petty above them both.
I've seen all 3 plenty of times.. yes, all of them are better than 99% of the tripe that passes for "music" these days - and I'd put all 3 on the Mount Rushmore of American rockers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-22, 13:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I'd rank Tom Petty above them both.
I've seen all 3 plenty of times.. yes, all of them are better than 99% of the tripe that passes for "music" these days - and I'd put all 3 on the Mount Rushmore of American rockers.

Along with the American band!!!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-22, 13:13

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've seen all 3 plenty of times.. yes, all of them are better than 99% of the tripe that passes for "music" these days - and I'd put all 3 on the Mount Rushmore of American rockers.

we'll play that on repeat in the gift shop.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-22, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

we'll play that on repeat in the gift shop.

You were nice to them, we can still be friends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-22, 13:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we'll play that on repeat in the gift shop.

You were nice to them, we can still be friends.
Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 10:05

Seger turns 79 today. Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-05-06, 10:14

Regional bias.

Seger started in MI and still lives here.
Springsteen is still in New Jersey.
Billy Joel is still a Long Island guy.

Tom Petty lived in LA since the early 80’s.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-05-06, 10:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Seger turns 79 today. Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 3493939353

Crazy how long some of these rock stars live. Good for Rockin Robert who is surviving against the wind.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 10:32

GRR Spartan wrote:Regional bias.

might not be a popular opinion (I don't know what's popular and unpopular these days), but I can't think of a Billy Joel song that I've ever liked.

I don't dislike him or his music, but I've never heard a single song of his and thought "damn, that's a pretty good tune".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-05-06, 10:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

might not be a popular opinion (I don't know what's popular and unpopular these days), but I can't think of a Billy Joel song that I've ever liked.

I don't dislike him or his music, but I've never heard a single song of his and thought "damn, that's a pretty good tune".

You may be wrong but you may be right.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, duffy munn, Pervis Muldoon and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-05-06, 11:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:might not be a popular opinion (I don't know what's popular and unpopular these days), but I can't think of a Billy Joel song that I've ever liked.

You may be wrong but you may be right.

You also may be crazy
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-05-06, 11:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:might not be a popular opinion (I don't know what's popular and unpopular these days), but I can't think of a Billy Joel song that I've ever liked.

I always sort of liked Philadelphia Freedom.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, duffy munn and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-05-06, 12:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm not big on his pop stuff ( piano man, only the good die young etc) but Joel is super talented and has some great tunes. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. Captain Jack, Always a Woman and Honesty are fantastic.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-05-06, 12:19

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) is a jam.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-06, 12:35

Bob Seger and the E street band had some good songs

Bruce Springsteen and the silver bullet band never really moved the needle for me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 12:55

kingstonlake wrote:Bob Seger and the E street band had some good songs

Bruce Springsteen and the silver bullet band never really moved the needle for me.
you should really dig into Johnny Cougar Bruce Seger Mellencamp's catalog one day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-06, 13:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Bob Seger and the E street band had some good songs

you should really dig into Johnny Cougar Bruce Seger Mellencamp's catalog one day.

Were they those guys who sang songs about how hard it was growing up in the USA as a young white straight male in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 13:24

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Were they those guys who sang songs about how hard it was growing up in the USA as a young white straight male in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s?
to varying degrees and within my realm of knowledge, I think we're talking about the same people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-05-06, 14:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

to varying degrees and within my realm of knowledge, I think we're talking about the same people.

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5p2b1bf02qchuoi9ytdtmxgm8ye72bjxi4tiz22bb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 14:42

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5p2b1bf02qchuoi9ytdtmxgm8ye72bjxi4tiz22bb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Mighty Max and the Big Man!   Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-05-06, 16:57

This is like saying the 2008 Lions were better than the 2017 Browns.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-06, 17:27

79 and Bob is still like a rock… when he remembers to take his little blue pill.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-06, 19:29

[tw]1365739047038054400[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-05-06, 19:33

Never liked Seger, all my friend's dads loved him growing up. (Gm guys)

Another Seger story... When he was first starting, playing Flint and Bay City, my MIL was a groupie. Joke is tWife might be Seger's unknown love child.

(She looks too much like her dad to take it seriously.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-06, 19:36

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Never liked Seger, all my friend's dads loved him growing up. (Gm guys)

Another Seger story... When he was first starting, playing Flint and Bay City, my MIL was a groupie. Joke is tWife might be Seger's unknown love child.

(She looks too much like her dad to take it seriously.)
Bob Seger >>>>>>>>>>>>> the Boss - Page 2 502811600

I actually like Seger quite a bit. Off the top of my head, "Night Moves", though heavily played, is a freakin' classic, and probably my favorite Seger tune.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-06, 20:36

I came to like and appreciate Seger more in the last few years. I mean, he was always okay, but I respect anyone who can last decades in an awful industry with remarkably fickle audiences.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2024-05-07, 01:11

tGreenWay wrote:I came to like and appreciate Seger more in the last few years. I mean, he was always okay, but I respect anyone who can last decades in an awful industry with remarkably fickle audiences.  

I heard Live Bullet as a kid, before I went to my first rock concert. It was magical, not having any idea what it looked like to be there but imagining what was happening. Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo had a similar effect on me, but Live Bullet was better. It's weird that I didn't know those two guys were both from my home state when I first heard those albums. Rock and roll is a unique and powerful force.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-07, 15:04

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I came to like and appreciate Seger more in the last few years. I mean, he was always okay, but I respect anyone who can last decades in an awful industry with remarkably fickle audiences.  

I heard Live Bullet as a kid, before I went to my first rock concert. It was magical, not having any idea what it looked like to be there but imagining what was happening. Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo had a similar effect on me, but Live Bullet was better. It's weird that I didn't know those two guys were both from my home state when I first heard those albums. Rock and roll is a unique and powerful force.

That’s what makes Seger and Bruce and a few other groups and singers so special—they’ve been able to maintain a connection with their audiences while growing new listeners, even if in the latter years the market shrinks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-07, 15:44

tGreenWay wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

That’s what makes Seger and Bruce and a few other groups and singers so special—they’ve been able to maintain a connection with their audiences while growing new listeners, even if in the latter years the market shrinks.
I haven't seen Seger live in a decade or two, but I've seen Springsteen a few times on this most recent tour and, yeah, he's 74 years old but absolutely brings it. I would imagine if Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (RIP Alto - a MSU grad) were to come back around, it would be much the same.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2