Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album

+3
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
7 posters

Go down

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album Empty Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 18:00

I hope this is true. Couldn't happen to a stranger guy or bigger jackass.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-14/martin-shkreli-s-2-million-wu-tang-album-might-not-be-a-wu-tang-album
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album Empty Re: Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-20, 18:04

Shkreli? More like sucker.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album Empty Re: Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 18:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:Shkreli? More like sucker.

That, too. But the creep just got violated by a judge because he offered to pay for a lock of Hillary's hair. Weird. Bizarre. Creepy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 18:11

I just saw he sold the album on eBay for a little over a million. So, some of his financial loss is recovered but he's still creepy and weird.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-20, 18:13

Yeah he's weird BUT WHO THE HELL BUYS STUFF ON EBAY FOR A MILLION DOLLARS?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-20, 18:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yeah he's weird BUT WHO THE HELL BUYS STUFF ON EBAY FOR A MILLION DOLLARS?

I do it all the time, but I never pay. I have a very low rating.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-20, 18:15

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Yeah he's weird BUT WHO THE HELL BUYS STUFF ON EBAY FOR A MILLION DOLLARS?

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-20, 19:48

tGreenWay wrote:

So you're the guy that never paid for my Jesus toast? I'm going to track you down and smite you now that I know what message board you frequent.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-09, 17:52

Pharma Bye, Bro.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/09/pharma-bro-martin-shkreli-sentenced-to-7-years-in-prison.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-09, 20:21

I think the guy is bizarre and pretty much socially challenged, but I have to admit that I watched this a long time ago, and it gave me something to ponder. He does his best to explain the Daraprim situation (between the 6:00 and 12:00 marks).

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-10, 09:49

WOTS - Trump is going to pardon Shkreli and install him as the nations "Drug Czar."

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 10:10

SawGreen wrote:I think the guy is bizarre and pretty much socially challenged, but I have to admit that I watched this a long time ago, and it gave me something to ponder.  He does his best to explain the Daraprim situation (between the 6:00 and 12:00 marks).  

He’s not entirely wrong, but the problem is the system is sick. This guy just went to jail for 7 years. Why? Not because he raised the price of an inelastic good for dying people 8 hundred gagillion percent. No, it was because he fucked with investors, who are largely already millionaires. Raising the price of a drug that people need to stay alive exponentially? That was deemed fine. But don’t you dare fuck with our rich people. That’s pretty fucked.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-10, 10:40

gHost Spartan wrote:Why do they call this guy a bro? He's the antithesis of a bro. He's just a greedy asshole.

I figure they called him that because no one knows how to pronounce his last name.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-10, 10:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But don’t you dare fuck with our rich people. That’s pretty fucked.

You'll feel differently once you fill your piggy banks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 11:08

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But don’t you dare fuck with our rich people. That’s pretty fucked.

I hope not goose. I hope I’d retain some kind of moral standing. I’d rather not ever become truly rich if I wouldn’t be able to retain some amount of humanity.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-10, 11:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I hope not goose. I hope I’d retain some kind of moral standing. I’d rather not ever become truly rich if I wouldn’t be able to retain some amount of humanity.

Oh you'd retain some, like if Wags wins the lotto tonight. He'll sprinkle some of it out there for the little people, but give him 6 months and he'll be getting letters like this again:

Pharma Bro might've paid $2 mil for a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang album that's not even a Wu Tang album AIF2mAq
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-10, 12:31

LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Feelings can and do change over time.

I grew up quite poor. I was very much the young Republican.

My piggy banks are now pretty full. As I have grown older and wealthier I have become much more liberal.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-10, 16:02

The grossest thing about all of this is he jacked up the price of a needed drug 200%; but that’s not what he got in trouble for. it was for defrauding other rich people. We need to oil up the guillotines.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 16:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
SawGreen wrote:I think the guy is bizarre and pretty much socially challenged, but I have to admit that I watched this a long time ago, and it gave me something to ponder.  He does his best to explain the Daraprim situation (between the 6:00 and 12:00 marks).  

He’s not entirely wrong, but the problem is the system is sick. This guy just went to jail for 7 years. Why? Not because he raised the price of an inelastic good for dying people 8 hundred gagillion percent. No, it was because he fucked with investors, who are largely already millionaires. Raising the price of a drug that people need to stay alive exponentially? That was deemed fine. But don’t you dare fuck with our rich people. That’s pretty fucked.
Rocinante wrote:The grossest thing about all of this is he jacked up the price of a needed drug  200%; but that’s not what he got in trouble for. it was for defrauding other rich people. We need to oil up the guillotines.
Thank you roc for literally copying my post verbatim love you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-10, 16:33

Rocinante wrote:The grossest thing about all of this is he jacked up the price of a needed drug 200%; but that’s not what he got in trouble for. it was for defrauding other rich people. We need to oil up the guillotines.

Let's not incite class warfare my friend, let's work together to live in peace.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-10, 16:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The grossest thing about all of this is he jacked up the price of a needed drug  200%; but that’s not what he got in trouble for. it was for defrauding other rich people. We need to oil up the guillotines.

Let's not incite class warfare my friend, let's work together to live in peace.
We can live together in peace once you stop debasing yourself to protect your oligarch overlords.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-03-10, 17:03

Rocinante wrote:The grossest thing about all of this is he jacked up the price of a needed drug 200%
Actually it was over 5,000%

The cost of Daraprim was raised from $13.50 a pill to $750.00 a pill.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-03-10, 17:04

This is an interesting article that doesn't name names.  The problem is partially systemic.  Something like 2000 people in the country actually use the drug... and other pharma companies decided to bail on the generic. ("In all, only 2,000 Americans use Daraprim every year, noted Bloomberg.")

It does make me wonder whether this might be a spot where (gulp) the government might be able to step in on tax payer dollars and put a dent in medical costs... which to me is a root problem in US healthcare.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/daraprim-price-turing-shkreli_us_560063cee4b00310edf82060
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down