Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porcello got PAID

+5
Rodeo Burger
HT
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
9 posters

Go down

Porcello got PAID Empty Porcello got PAID

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-06, 21:39

4 years 82 million! Suspect
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Porcello got PAID Empty Re: Porcello got PAID

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-06, 21:44

wow. He's gotten a lot better over the years but that seems a bit excessive. Good for him.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-06, 21:54

Wut. He's worth more than Anibal Sanchez? I hate the way baseball is structured
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-06, 22:05

Tim Wakefield wrote:4 years 82 million! Suspect

I was sad when they traded him. One of the few Tigers I'd become attached to in this more mercenary era.

I've made this prediction elsewhere so I might as well open myself to some ridicule here. I think Rick Porcello can retire as a 300 game winner. He's proven to be durable, he got started in MLB at a very young age and he's been on good teams.

How could I even think this? Through his age 25 season he has 76 wins. Give him 15 wins a year for the next 15 years and he's sitting at age 40 and 300 wins. 15 wins per season isn't a stretch at all.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-06, 22:11

LooseGoose wrote:

I was sad when they traded him. One of the few Tigers I'd become attached to in this more mercenary era.

I've made this prediction elsewhere so I might as well open myself to some ridicule here. I think Rick Porcello can retire as a 300 game winner. He's proven to be durable, he got started in MLB at a very young age and he's been on good teams.

How could I even think this? Through his age 25 season he has 76 wins. Give him 15 wins a year for the next 15 years and he's sitting at age 40 and 300 wins. 15 wins per season isn't a stretch at all.

I used to think this before I saw that last year was the only year he hit 15 wins. No reason to believe he'll continue to average that for the next 15 years. I could see 240 wins for him.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-04-06, 22:13

LooseGoose wrote:

This is probably on the optimistic side of a projection. I think he can get to 250.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-06, 22:13

Ass Dan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I used to think this before I saw that last year was the only year he hit 15 wins. No reason to believe he'll continue to average that for the next 15 years. I could see 240 wins for him.

Keep in mind he's only 25 and still maturing, he could easily slip a few 17-20 win years in there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-06, 22:29

LooseGoose wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Keep in mind he's only 25 and still maturing, he could easily slip a few 17-20 win years in there.

I don't know baseball that well, do you honestly see him pitching until he's 40? The guys WHO go that long are the maddux/ verlander types who come out throwing gas and then transition to movement later on.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-04-06, 22:30

Pitching salaries are getting ridiculous
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-06, 22:42

Ass Dan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I don't know baseball that well, do you honestly see him pitching until he's 40? The guys WHO go that long are the maddux/ verlander types who come out throwing gas and then transition to movement later on.

Kenny Rogers. Jamie Moyer. Don Sutton. Lots of "crafty" type vets that never threw gas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-04-06, 22:54

LooseGoose wrote:

Greg Maddux was revered as a modern day hero when he won 15 games 15 years in a row. It's exceedingly rare for anyone to do it. Part of that is because you need a team that can give you run support.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-07, 12:33

Price will fetch 7 years $210 million this offseason.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 08:17

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 7h7 hours ago
Rick Porcello won his 8th straight decision. He is 1st @RedSox SP to win 14 of first 16 decisions since Diasuke Matsuzaka in 2008

It's time to admit Ben Cherington was right about Rick Porcello
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-07-30, 10:05

I thought moving Porcello was the dumbest move by Dumbrowski. He was a 24 year old pitcher that was on the first page of all-time Tiger game winners. Just dumb.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 10:09

BleacherSwill wrote:I thought moving Porcello was the dumbest move by Dumbrowski. He was a 24 year old pitcher that was on the first page of all-time Tiger game winners. Just dumb.

We did more than OK - and I loved Porcello. From the Tigers thread earlier this week - -

This got me thinking last night on how we did with that trade. Porcello was one of my favorite Tigers but I have a soft spot for kids that we drafted and brought up.

It was Porcello for Cespedes, Alex Wilson and Gabe Speiers.
We then flipped Cespedes to the Mets for Fulmer and Luis Cessa.
Cessa went to the Yankees along with Chad Green for Justin Wilson.
Speier got flipped to the Braves along with Ian Krol for Cameron Maybin.

So - for Porcello we got:
Michael Fulmer - Obviously we're pretty happy we have him.
Alex Wilson has had a couple of decent years in the Tigers bullpen.
1/2 of Justin Wilson who has been a bit of a disappointment but has been a good bullpen arm in the past.
and 1/2 of Cameron Maybin who has been a spark plug this year.

So even with Porcello at 13-2 there's no reason to feel bad about this trade.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-07-30, 10:43

LooseGoose wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:I thought moving Porcello was the dumbest move by Dumbrowski. He was a 24 year old pitcher that was on the first page of all-time Tiger game winners. Just dumb.

We did more than OK - and I loved Porcello. From the Tigers thread earlier this week - -

This got me thinking last night on how we did with that trade. Porcello was one of my favorite Tigers but I have a soft spot for kids that we drafted and brought up.

1/2 of Justin Wilson who has been a bit of a disappointment but has been a good bullpen arm in the past.

I read that thread. Why stop there? Was some minor league trade for Porcello on draft day 7 years ago the reason Fulmer and Maybin are on the team today? I don't buy the notion of second or third trade down the road as being the cause and effect of a current acquisition. That kind of rationalization is for suckers.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-30, 10:48

HT wrote:Pitching salaries are getting ridiculous

How do think verlander got the super model?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-30, 11:35

BleacherSwill wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I read that thread. Why stop there? Was some minor league trade for Porcello on draft day 7 years ago the reason Fulmer and Maybin are on the team today? I don't buy the notion of second or third trade down the road as being the cause and effect of a current acquisition. That kind of rationalization is for suckers.

lol, ok crab ass. The Porcello - Cespedes - Fulmer/Wilson line is pretty direct. And even today I'd take Fulmer & Wilson for Porcello. Younger, cheaper and bigger upside.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-07-30, 16:14

Still wish they kept Porcello.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content